Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    The faster charging has be discussed in another thread, but here is the basics.

Use a wall charger and the phone should charge just as fast as it would with the phone off. It takes 450ma to charge the phone, well thats the most it will charge with. Your wall charger should be .7a so unless your running something it will not charge any faster turned off than on. Just put it in airplane mode and oogle and ahhh at the speed .
    Want to know something strange? I found that the phone draws 40mA even when off and the battery is full. I wonder what google decided to leave on.....they are watching us....

The link seems broken. Any link for that?

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    Want to know something strange? I found that the phone draws 40mA even when off and the battery is full. I wonder what google decided to leave on.....they are watching us....
    the voltage regulators probilly to be able to start the system up, rather then do it from battery, it's part of the soft start stuff.

anyone have a circle battery mod that works for this rom..saw the big instructions under the wiki... but I'd rather use one someone else created that actually works so I don't go through all that work then it doesn't end up working :/.

BTW this ROM is awesome.. great work. This was my first time using 2.3.3 and I have to say I am impressed coming from 2.2 roms. The no MMS thing is easy to get used to.

never been able to charge from a laptop until this!!! Great Work!!

hows battery on this?

Will we be able to get MMS on a gingerbread rom before VM sends out the update?

I tried getting the Xionia recovery, and when I go into recovery now it turns into a blue screen with white letters saying:

Fastboot
    udc_start()

After that, i tried installing this recovery, and the same thing happened. Im using ROMtools to flash the recovery's. Any other way to flash a recovery?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Quote Originally Posted by shawayne21 View Post
    I tried getting the Xionia recovery, and when I go into recovery now it turns into a blue screen with white letters saying:

Fastboot
    udc_start()

After that, i tried installing this recovery, and the same thing happened. Im using ROMtools to flash the recovery's. Any other way to flash a recovery?
    Are you able to utilize ADB? If so try this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by devgru82 View Post
    Are you able to utilize ADB? If so try this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html
    Thank you sooooo sooo muchh

Quote Originally Posted by gater View Post
    Will we be able to get MMS on a gingerbread rom before VM sends out the update?
    BUMPity BUMP!!

Hope so. I dont think VM has said any date on the update yet.

This ROM flys!! everything works on mine except for MMS (recieve) as we all know.

Nice job either way!!! thank you!

Does any one know of an app that will shut off 3G when the screen locks and goes black? Green Power worked on 2.2 but not on this one. Also Quicksettings doesnt work either manually. Also Quicksettings doesnt work for Hotspot either. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ashton4life View Post
    Does any one know of an app that will shut off 3G when the screen locks and goes black? Green Power worked on 2.2 but not on this one. Also Quicksettings doesnt work either manually. Also Quicksettings doesnt work for Hotspot either. Any ideas?
    Try Juice Defender.

Quote Originally Posted by confuzion View Post
    Try Juice Defender.
    ty

ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ashton4life View Post
    BUMPity BUMP!!

Hope so. I dont think VM has said any date on the update yet.

This ROM flys!! everything works on mine except for MMS (recieve) as we all know.

Nice job either way!!! thank you!
    LG said May-ish.
    Thanked by:

Cool I'll play with this one until then.

The only thing that is bothering me is that nothing I have tried works to shut off the 3G when I lock the screen. I dont think too many apps are updated for that yet including "Juice Defender", it says it on the main app screen. Any one have an idea let me know. For now I have a power widget on my desktop for fast on and off manually.

Weird, I cant charge the phone while its off. It just keeps booting up regardless. lol oh well I love it anyways!
    Last edited by ashton4life; 03-25-2011 at 12:39 AM.

I go into Setting > Wireless & networks and then I try to enable Wi-Fi, but it says "Error" directly under it everytime. Could someone tell me if I did something wrong?

ROM
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete
    Last edited by whyaphoenix; 05-25-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMOD

Quote Originally Posted by Prenominal View Post
    I go into Setting > Wireless & networks and then I try to enable Wi-Fi, but it says "Error" directly under it everytime. Could someone tell me if I did something wrong?
    Wipe and reflash

Weird thing is my 3G is going faster than ever..

ROM
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Prenominal View Post
    Weird thing is my 3G is going faster than ever..
    virgin had an outage to upgrade the 3G network. we are all seeing improved connectivity and speeds for the most part

Awesome.. I figured out it was the Kernel I used that made it so I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi (Xionia's "Kernel Only Edition"). I had to use the "CM7 Edition".

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    Ill post my question here rather than make a new thread, i just hope i can get an answer.

I'm running aphrodite 1.1 which is Froyo 2.2 + stock rom,

I will sacrifice MMS to try 2.3 but i need to know, are there ANY major issues with this build?

basically, is ANYTHING besides the MMS broken? also, i heard there was a problem with the home and back keys or something being switched. is that an issue with the latest build or is that all sorted?

one more thing, if you compare a FRESH install of this rom vs a FRESH install of stock + xiona beta 2, which has better battery life?
    MMS and BT handset are still borked.
    Some people get the BT to connect while others cant at all.
    I could connect BT and use it to stream my music but the phone handset never worked.

The Keys thing is because its a port for the S and not specifically for the V. But its changed in this rom.

I cant comment on your other question as I rooted and went straight to this rom then to zefies S rom.

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    Ill post my question here rather than make a new thread, i just hope i can get an answer.

I'm running aphrodite 1.1 which is Froyo 2.2 + stock rom,

I will sacrifice MMS to try 2.3 but i need to know, are there ANY major issues with this build?

basically, is ANYTHING besides the MMS broken? also, i heard there was a problem with the home and back keys or something being switched. is that an issue with the latest build or is that all sorted?

one more thing, if you compare a FRESH install of this rom vs a FRESH install of stock + xiona beta 2, which has better battery life?

I see you were answered on most of the questions but the battery life. I just installed the 2.3 Rom and it's awesome. I am testing the battery life now and will post a report later today. So far it seems to be consuming more but I cant be sure until I reset the battery in my recovery menu when I'm at 100%. I'll be posting back soon.

ROM
    Stock Rom + BBee Kernel

has the problem with the proximity sensor on a call been fixed?
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast