Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by KenDrOiD101 View Post
    has the problem with the proximity sensor on a call been fixed?

I would have to say yes because it works perfect for me!

Hey if you guys want your hotspot to work on 2.3 the app "Wireless Tethering" works very well, it's free in the Market. Quicksettings does not work anymore!

ROM
    aospmod recent

The GPS icon stays up when I'm done with the GPS, until I reboot my phone. Weird.

"The GPS icon stays up when I'm done with the GPS, until I reboot my phone. Weird."

That is weird...I just ran navigation and it turned on next to my wifi icon but then turned off when I backed out. Maybe its the app your using? It may stil be running in the background.

ROM
    aospmod recent

Quote Originally Posted by ashton4life View Post
    That is weird...I just ran navigation and it turned on next to my wifi icon but then turned off when I backed out. Maybe its the app your using? It may stil be running in the background.
    Nah, it's not that. I make sure that it's not running in the background. Also, I'm using google navigation. For me, there's really no need for any other nav apps. I think i'm actually going to flash to the 0324 version. By the way, what's "vanilla" ?

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMOD

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidplacidity View Post
    Nah, it's not that. I make sure that it's not running in the background. Also, I'm using google navigation. For me, there's really no need for any other nav apps. I think i'm actually going to flash to the 0324 version. By the way, what's "vanilla" ?
    Stock

ROM
    aospmod recent

Quote Originally Posted by citizeninsane89 View Post
    Stock
    Stock? Impossible for gingerbread to be "stock" lol. I've just flashed it and it looks pretty bare. Is that what you mean?

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Vanilla means pure Google gingerbread 2.3 OS, without any third party skins or applications. Most manufacturers skin the OS with Touchwiz (Samsung), Sense (HTC), Motoblur (Motorola), etc.
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
    Thanked by:

i completely LOVE this theme. They said Gingerbread roms had horrible battery life... the battery life on this is actually GREAT. Good job, and thanks

Will donate soon.

ROM
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete
    Last edited by whyaphoenix; 05-25-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    oh how I wish I could use this ROM... cant seem to flash clockworkmod recovery over my thunderc recovery no matter what I do...
    try typing it in the Terminal Emulator app which is in the market .. only thing is you need the codes to flash. It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    oh how I wish I could use this ROM... cant seem to flash clockworkmod recovery over my thunderc recovery no matter what I do...
    Try this, go to : http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-features.html then download ROMtools with Optimus V drivers into your computer. (that is if you have a V) First open the ROMtools folder and make sure the image file "recovery" is "vrecovery", rename it if needed. Then run ROMtools add the drivers then flash the recovery. It's the recovery I have and it works fine. After you flash the recovery make sure you wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik in the recovery menu before to flash the Rom.zip. I do everything from the phone recovery menu once its flashed in the phone.

ROM
    Rooted Stock

New release is out. Supposed to fix the battery. But he switched to Zeam launcher, ewww
    bn

Is battery usage any better with Zeam than it is with LauncherPro? I'm not sure I see any difference.

looks great, only feature i miss from the 3/22 is being able to turn the phone sideways and have the screen rotate on the home menu and 1st screen, wifi and 3g seem to be speeding up to

my andriod version on about phone screen says:
    Android version 2.3.3, one on the 1st post says 2.3.2 anyone elses say this? now off to flash prl to see if i can get faster 3g
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #292  

new gapps/rom/cwm in OP.

no the cwm is not 100% needed to flash this, but no support for other recovery.imgs. Xionia CWM works fine.

ROM
    Harmonia

What was changed in the 3/25 build that was just posted. I am having trouble with the headset that came with my optimus v. I can hear from it but no one can hear me. This problem does not exist with any of the 2.2 roms. Also the stock headset is not bluetooth. Also the last build i tried was the 3/22 and the games and os overall seem a bit laggy and less responsive than stock.

ROM
    Harmonia

Ok i found a changelog for folks who want to see it. Gerrit Code Review

Do i flash the image as recovery in terminal emulator? Any advantages to it over clockwork recovery?

I just got the 24 build set up like I want it and it's fantastic. On battery for over 2 hours with some Pandora steaming, texting and web surfing, with 3g never off and I'm still at 100%. Either I'm doing something wrong or the battery life is amazing.

Only annoying thing now is the Swype problems.

Keep up the amazing work.

I have a newbie question....I was wondering if I would like to update my phone with the updated ROMS whats the best way to do this? Can I just flash over mine and not wipe anything? Do I need to reinstall everything? Do I just install the new zip or update? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duke_4386 View Post
    I just got the 24 build set up like I want it and it's fantastic. On battery for over 2 hours with some Pandora steaming, texting and web surfing, with 3g never off and I'm still at 100%. Either I'm doing something wrong or the battery life is amazing.

Only annoying thing now is the Swype problems.

Keep up the amazing work.
    What? 2 hours of music and surfing and still 100%? How can that be? Can you confirm that? If that is true you need to link a copy of your backup for me bro! lol

Ya Swype has issues, you have to keep changing from the android to the swype keyboard when ever it stops functioning or just get a nother swype type app.

Have you guys tried slideit keyboard? I like it better than swype.

Oh, sorry, some, not 2 hours of continuous streaming. A bit over half an hour of streaming on the way to work.

Now I've done some more browsing and downloaded the new google apps and new Clocthekwork Mod and I'm down to 88% battery. I'd narrowly get this on the stock ROM even with JuiceDefender.
    Last edited by duke_4386; 03-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Thanked by:
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast