ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkyandroid

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who helped me get gingerbread up and running on my optimus V.

I have a question regarding the programming menu. ##847446# doesn't seem to work any more. Is there a different number to dial now?

My phone number got updated and I have to update it on the phone. Do I have to go to the stock rom to do this? I know I'm reeking noob all over, can someone guide me?
for anyone interested, I had to reflash the recovery and install the stock rom (downloaded from this forum). after this step, phone activation and other things like ##847446# worked fine.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So aside from MMS and texting not working 100%, this looks to be moving along pretty well... Those are some nice stats there on the first page...

yeah. I can't believe he got it that high. I've only broke 1300 with data2ext.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Idk about you guys, but battery life still seems iffy to me. While idle screen-off my phone lost about 20% in about 1.5hrs.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I updated to 227 lost ability to connect to internet period. NO wifi connection, no 3g connection at all.

In 225 Im having issues getting hte wifi tethering to work properly. Im using the wireless tethering app from the app store. My laptop see and connects but after like 10 seconds it times out and I cant access any pages.

Like others Im not smart enough topost on xda because of the ******ed have to have 10 posts to post in a dev thread rule. And I refuse to spam the board to get my ten posts.

I made the move from a droid x to the optimus because of the ease of roming it. And I was tired of paying 100 bucks a month to verizon. It took me a minute to understand how to rom this phone but after reading for two or three days I felt comfortable and everything loaded first try and no issues.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much, no. It is installed to change speed on demand. But others have reported that use without SetCPU has yielded great battery life. I guess setting it to Interactive is good enough.

With the initial release I did have SetCPU with various profiles enabled with battery life in mind. But it still lost significant battery life. And I'm sure I wasn't released by the "Time without a signal" bug.

danhalen

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I updated to 227 lost ability to connect to internet period. NO wifi connection, no 3g connection at all.

Did you remember to wipe cache/dalvik cache and format system/data/and cache? i forgot to wipe the dalvik partition under advanced and it messed up my ability to connect to the market. Dunno if that might help. It seems like any time ive had trouble with flashing a rom it was related to forgetting to wipe something.

Lkr

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
why does this not seem to be as snappy as 2.2? Is it because it is a WIP or because the CPU on the Optimus is too slow?
Also, is there a way to show battery percent?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Idk about you guys, but battery life still seems iffy to me. While idle screen-off my phone lost about 20% in about 1.5hrs.

In recovery, go into advanced and wipe battery stats, you may be getting a false reading.

why does this not seem to be as snappy as 2.2? Is it because it is a WIP or because the CPU on the Optimus is too slow?
Also, is there a way to show battery percent?
It was pretty snappy on mine, especially overclocked.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i cant do anything usb when the phone is booted now, when i try to turn on usb storage it keeps crashing, but it dosent say it crashed, it pretends it worked and went back to the homescreen, unplugging usb makes it reboot itself, using lastest rom as of yesterday

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you remember to wipe cache/dalvik cache and format system/data/and cache? i forgot to wipe the dalvik partition under advanced and it messed up my ability to connect to the market. Dunno if that might help. It seems like any time ive had trouble with flashing a rom it was related to forgetting to wipe something.

The only thing I didnt wipe was data. It says on the wiki you dont have to.

I might try again tomorrow to update to 227. I HAVE to have BT connectivity as my phone is also my mp3 player. Plus pandora in my truck is awesome heh.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life still drains quickly. 100% down to 79% in fours hours just on idle while I'm asleep. Battery calibrated, batt stats wiped. No difference.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Guys yes the XDA thread is the dev's thread. So questions are more likely to be answered there. I'm trying my best to maintain this thread if it wasn't for *&*#$ing work hehe. So in attempt to get the wiki all set/maintained here (I will update OP)
Whats not working:
Incoming MMS
BT Headset issues.
Anything else?

Battery Life issues are alien to me. I do make sure I charge 100% and let the battery drain completely a couple times once in a while. I turn off everything but signal when I'm not using it and run 844/245 interactive. No battery issues here.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys yes the XDA thread is the dev's thread. So questions are more likely to be answered there.

Problem with asking there is if your not a frequent poster you cant post in that thread. Its a restriction by xda, that is good except that people like me cant ask questions there. I dont feel I should have to spam the board for 10 posts just to ask a simple question or post my problems.

As for any other issues, I actually flashed a diff rom yesterday. I couldnt get wifi or 3g internet to connect long enough to open the market. I thought at first it was my service signal but when wifi would time out I gave up. I have three different vap connections on my router so I know atleast one of them should have been comaptible with the optimus wifi reciever. /shrug.

I appreciate what your doing.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life hreatly improved for me on this latest build. I have been browsing my phone (not internet) nonstop for about an hour and I only dropped from 100% to 93% (I forced sync through Widgetsoid to test something so maybe that ate a chunk). Overall, I am finally satisfied with aospCMod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37