ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Vanilla means pure Google gingerbread 2.3 OS, without any third party skins or applications. Most manufacturers skin the OS with Touchwiz (Samsung), Sense (HTC), Motoblur (Motorola), etc.

Reactions: Liquidplacidity

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
i completely LOVE this theme. They said Gingerbread roms had horrible battery life... the battery life on this is actually GREAT. Good job, and thanks :D

Will donate soon.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
oh how I wish I could use this ROM... cant seem to flash clockworkmod recovery over my thunderc recovery no matter what I do...

Try this, go to : http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...3-1-ex-recoveryflasher-tons-new-features.html then download ROMtools with Optimus V drivers into your computer. (that is if you have a V) First open the ROMtools folder and make sure the image file "recovery" is "vrecovery", rename it if needed. Then run ROMtools add the drivers then flash the recovery. It's the recovery I have and it works fine. After you flash the recovery make sure you wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik in the recovery menu before to flash the Rom.zip. I do everything from the phone recovery menu once its flashed in the phone.

joryb

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
looks great, only feature i miss from the 3/22 is being able to turn the phone sideways and have the screen rotate on the home menu and 1st screen, wifi and 3g seem to be speeding up to

joryb

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
my andriod version on about phone screen says:
Android version 2.3.3, one on the 1st post says 2.3.2 anyone elses say this? now off to flash prl to see if i can get faster 3g

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
new gapps/rom/cwm in OP.

no the cwm is not 100% needed to flash this, but no support for other recovery.imgs. Xionia CWM works fine.

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What was changed in the 3/25 build that was just posted. I am having trouble with the headset that came with my optimus v. I can hear from it but no one can hear me. This problem does not exist with any of the 2.2 roms. Also the stock headset is not bluetooth. Also the last build i tried was the 3/22 and the games and os overall seem a bit laggy and less responsive than stock.

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 24 build set up like I want it and it's fantastic. On battery for over 2 hours with some Pandora steaming, texting and web surfing, with 3g never off and I'm still at 100%. Either I'm doing something wrong or the battery life is amazing.

Only annoying thing now is the Swype problems.

Keep up the amazing work.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a newbie question....I was wondering if I would like to update my phone with the updated ROMS whats the best way to do this? Can I just flash over mine and not wipe anything? Do I need to reinstall everything? Do I just install the new zip or update? Thanks :-\

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 24 build set up like I want it and it's fantastic. On battery for over 2 hours with some Pandora steaming, texting and web surfing, with 3g never off and I'm still at 100%. Either I'm doing something wrong or the battery life is amazing.

Only annoying thing now is the Swype problems.

Keep up the amazing work.

What?:eek: 2 hours of music and surfing and still 100%?:-! How can that be? Can you confirm that? If that is true you need to link a copy of your backup for me bro! lol:p

Ya Swype has issues, you have to keep changing from the android to the swype keyboard when ever it stops functioning or just get a nother swype type app.

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, sorry, some, not 2 hours of continuous streaming. A bit over half an hour of streaming on the way to work.

Now I've done some more browsing and downloaded the new google apps and new Clocthekwork Mod and I'm down to 88% battery. I'd narrowly get this on the stock ROM even with JuiceDefender.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashton4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair