ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is Zefie's CM7 with tweaks for the Optimus V. I will try to build whenever he has new changes or there are significant fixes in the CM7 source.

device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5.png
device6.png

Test Build 03012011
Download Test Build 03012011
(b68335ab32d2f6e10b304c46af8b651e update-cm-7-03012011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-virginmobile-Xionia-signed.zip)

Test Build 03012011 Changes
1) Synced to newest CM7 source, based on Android 2.3.3
2) Removed FM app for now

How to Install (Tested with GNM Recovery and Xionia CWMA):
1) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (I'm not responsible if something happens and you have no backup)
2) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
3) Wipe Data/Cache
4) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
5) Then flash Google Apps (skip Google Account setup and launch Market later to finish setup)
6) Reboot

Upgrading from a previous nightly:
1) Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
2) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
3) Then flash the current NIGHTLY
4) Flash gapps to re-add Market
5) Reboot
6) If you have any issues, you can try to wipe data/cache and reboot

ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6
I have tested this using ClockworkMod Recovery posted with aospCMod at xda-developers. It works fine, just use the builtin format system instead of using the zip file.

ROM is odexed. No need to deodex, as there is now a built in realtime theme changer.

TIPS, TRICKS, AND FIXES:
1) Voicemail - Go to Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail Settings and change "*86" to YOUR phone number. You can now hold 1 to check voicemail in the dialer. This will be fixed in a later version.
2) Proximity Sensor - Go to Settings/Call Settings and check "Always use proximity" to fix proximity sensor during calls. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version.
3) Electron Beam - One of my favorite Gingerbread additions, Open Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Display and Check both Screen Animation boxes.
4) Split SMS - Open Messaging, Push Menu button, Select Settings, Check "SMS split" and "Split counter" to auto-split messages over 160 characters.
5) Battery Percentage - Go to Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks, you can check "Battery Percentage" to enable battery percentage in the status bar.

CURRENT OPTIMUS V SPECIFIC ISSUES
1) MMS Receiving is still not working. Sending should work, please test.

Zefie's Original for the Optimus S
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...cm7-gingerbread-current-02202011-nightly.html

Source
https://github.com/icemank121/
https://github.com/zefie/

Special Thanks
zefie - he has done all of the work for this on the Optimus S, I'm just building from his source with a few tweaks. Make sure you thank him for all he has done!
mik_os - seriously, without him we wouldn't have this
beezy
Nick7
cordell
Everyone who has tested this ROM
Everyone who has enjoys this ROM
Everyone who has tested Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus S

Last edited:

kba712

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
great work...everything working fine excepts for the headphone bug. Can't control music playback with the button on the headset and cant make phone calls with headphones....apart from that everything works. Thanks

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
icemank121 nice, thanks for this.

small request can you add ro.sf.lcd_density = 160 to the build.prop in future builds. if not that is fine I can add it myself.

160 is standard screen size but I like the screen smaller.

Anyway will test it out. Thanks

unmonstro

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this. This is the first phone I have rooted and the first rom I flashed and I am extremely satisfied with it. Please continue the good work, it is very much appreciated.

bn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, can someone tell me the steps I need follow to flash it? I've never done it before and I can't find any tutorial. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: jmart981

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, can someone tell me the steps I need follow to flash it? I've never done it before and I can't find any tutorial. Thanks in advance.

Just flash it like you would any zip, all it does it format the system partition so you have a clean slate to install.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it really necessary to flash the gapps? Installation on aospCMod7 prompted the same step but I omitted it and didn't have any problems with any Google app. Market automatically updated itself after a few downloads from the app.

Last edited:

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Great thread! Everything went fine during installation. However, I couldn't get past slide keyboard... Are the linked gapps the one from this post? Has anyone gotten passed this yet?

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Great thread! Everything went fine during installation. However, I couldn't get past slide keyboard... Are the linked gapps the one from this post? Has anyone gotten passed this yet?

Hit back and skip setup of Google account, that'll get you past it. Once thats done open Market and it will give you the option again to setup Account but it will work. Its a bug in the current gapps

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Is it really necessary to flash the gapps? Installation on aospCMod7 prompted the same step but I omitted it and didn't have any problems with any Google app. Market automatically updated itself after a few downloads from the app.

If you don't flash Gapps, there won't be a Market app on the device.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I got "installation aborted".

"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockWorkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scipting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted."

I'm still going to go follow the rest of the procedure. Is it really, really necessary to flash this?

Update: So far it's been about three minutes stuck at "Installing update..." Is this okay?

Update 2: It finally finished. I flashed gapps and rebooted. Now it's been about seven minutes stuck at the LG bootup logo. What's wrong?

Update 3: Okay. I had to reflash everything. I'm at the Splash Cyanogen screen. Now it's stuck.

Last edited:

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hit back and skip setup of Google account, that'll get you past it. Once thats done open Market and it will give you the option again to setup Account but it will work. Its a bug in the current gapps

Thank you, it worked! Overall this is a very smooth mod, looks like it improved Wifi performance for me.

tzzoooma

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got it running. Looks great, and thank you, but 2 issues:

1. Leveler apps go haywire when turned horizontally.
2. I get "Failed to move application" errors when moving apps to SD.
They seem to be moved with multiple attempts, so far.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a great Rom, but I only have one issue. When I try to listen to music from my headphones (and I've tried many, good headphones), the sound is extremely tinny and poor. There is definitely a difference compared to the stock Rom and the 2.2 custom Roms. This seems to be an issue with all of the Gingerbread Roms. Any ideas?

Reactions: citizeninsane89
Status
Not open for further replies.