[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to do my neighbors optimus t last night with no luck at all, it kept saying the phone wasnt rooted. I rooted it using Z4root, wifi tethering and super user work so I know the phone is rooted. Then I kept getting a message saying to put the recovery into the recovery flasher folder and rename it grecovery.img so I did that and it still didn't work.

I used the optimus v program and it worked great, the t is a beta for sure lol

AQAA

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Have to admit it was all my fault for not renaming the included recovery.img to vrecovery.img.
For whatever reason I thought the included recovery.img was automatically renamed by the options for the different phones during the process.
Not sure if it helps anyone else, but it all worked fine after the rename.

Thank you for all your work on this, sorry for the obvious newbie mistake.

rentonj7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks AQAA, that solved it for me too. Great program mmmark!

Have to admit it was all my fault for not renaming the included recovery.img to vrecovery.img.
For whatever reason I thought the included recovery.img was automatically renamed by the options for the different phones during the process.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Awwwwwww daaaammmn. I can't believe I didn't rename it. Sorry guys for the headache :/

It's amazing how much one character can mess things up.

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I think that was probably the cause of my problem back on page one. I just ended up putting Zefie's CM7 zip on the sd card and pointing to it in CWMA.

All those new features you added to your program look really nice.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm new to Android. I'm deff a newbie. Well I brought my Optimus V on Saturday and I've been looking into Custom ROM's and all that. I decided to do that now, especially because I wont need to mess with codes cuz of this program. Um so I need help... I've downloaded this program and Zefie's CM7 and idk what to do. I've somehow managed to get this Root going... but idk what to do next. Thanks for you help ahead of time :p

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
How can i ONLY ROOT the phone to OC with custom rom?

You must root to install custom recovery to load a custom ROM to OC. Custom ROMs are already rooted (most of the time). Custom kernels for the V allow overclocking. If you are already on a custom rom then you can OC. If you are already on custom ROM, then you're rooted. What exactly are you asking?

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm new to Android. I'm deff a newbie. Well I brought my Optimus V on Saturday and I've been looking into Custom ROM's and all that. I decided to do that now, especially because I wont need to mess with codes cuz of this program. Um so I need help... I've downloaded this program and Zefie's CM7 and idk what to do. I've somehow managed to get this Root going... but idk what to do next. Thanks for you help ahead of time :p

tony5593, I took the CM7 zip and put it (into the root) on my sd card. When CWMA comes up I went through the menus (using the volume keys on the side) and selected the zip. After that it installed the ROM and rebooted into it. :)

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
tony5593, I took the CM7 zip and put it (into the root) on my sd card. When CWMA comes up I went through the menus (using the volume keys on the side) and selected the zip. After that it installed the ROM and rebooted into it. :)

Or he could test out the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature :p

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks for answering Hugh Johnson... Ill try that... @mmmark111And i tried the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature, but i didnt do anything. I'm sure I did something wrong. I think it even rebooted my phone.

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't get "Push bootanimation.zip" to work. I might be doing something wrong as I'm new to this.

I've used to Android SDK with adb or whatever commands to get a bootanimation on there before, so I assume I have the proper drivers and everything. I wanted to use this ROMTool as I'm sure once I learn how to use it, it'll be quicker.

I boot the phone into "USB Debugging" mode. Put my "bootanimation.zip" file into the bootanimation folder of the ROMTools. I ran ROMTools and chose #7. It says "remount failed: Operation not permitted" twice. The phone restarted, and went back to the default bootanimation that the phone came with.

I tried doing it again, and now it still says remount failed, twice, and it also says "rm failed for /data/local/bootanimation.zip, No such file or directory".

I'm probably doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@Hugh Johnson, I did what you said and it installed and then I rebooted and it was stuck on the VM Boot Vid!!! I flipped! But I figured out how to restore from my backup and its back to normal. @mmmark111 "Flash ROM to phone" still doesn't work. @Mirth Yeah, I tried "bootanimation.zip" and it didnt work for me either...

I'm seriously doing something wrong...

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
@Hugh Johnson, I did what you said and it installed and then I rebooted and it was stuck on the VM Boot Vid!!! I flipped! But I figured out how to restore from my backup and its back to normal. @mmmark111 "Flash ROM to phone" still doesn't work. @Mirth Yeah, I tried "bootanimation.zip" and it didnt work for me either...

I'm seriously doing something wrong...
I'm getting stuck during the boot animation now, too. :confused: I had to down-flash back to stock firmware (fortunately I found a nand backup here) to get my phone activated. I would have used Xiona's VM but it would freeze on the shimmering Android message when booting up. I figured out that the hard-reset (home+volume up+power for 5 seconds) will boot you into CWMA. I restored back to stock firmware and activated as easily it should have been - for some reason you can't activate on CM7. Now I put CM7 back on and it just freezes at the LG logo. So two customs won't work, but a nand backup of stock will. :mad:

I hope you're having better luck.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No man... Same bad luck here... I knew those three buttons would take me to CWMA. Thats what i did earlier when my first try failed, then i restored back to stock firmware. The same thing is still happening. I install CM7 and i get stuck at the VM boot animation...

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No man... Same bad luck here... I knew those three buttons would take me to CWMA. Thats what i did earlier when my first try failed, then i restored back to stock firmware. The same thing is still happening. I install CM7 and i get stuck at the VM boot animation...
When you say "VM boot animation", do you mean the boot animation sequence in general or is there still a Virgin Mobile animation even after installing CM7? I'm a little confused because CM7 has its own animation. If you're still getting a Virgin Mobile animation then it seems like it didn't get flashed.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I mean the Virgin Mobile animation... And when i flash it it'll reboot and just freeze on that same animation... Idk whats going on

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So CM7 would freeze and now it freezes on the VM animation even when trying to revert back to stock? :eek: I'm trying to picture what's happening. I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on, but whatever it is it sounds like we've both got it.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha. Okay, I installed CM7, rebooted and it freezes on the VM animation. Thats all that happens. Dont get too confused lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz