Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    AOSPCMOD

With aospcm I was able to boot into recovery with the method I stated in my previous post

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sk8dayfuknight View Post
    With aospcm I was able to boot into recovery with the method I stated in my previous post

This isn't AOSP, plus it's easier to just press the power button and then hit the reboot into recovery. Are you trying to complicate things?

ROM
    AOSPCMOD

Obviously this isn't aosp..... I'm just stating the fact that I can't reboot or reboot into recovery using terminal with this rom and wondering why. As I was able to aosp...

AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by obijohn View Post
    As for Google Search, in the next update I will probably be removing any Google apps that can be downloaded from the market. There are only a couple left (Google Search, Voice Search, and Google Talk).
    Removing Google Search will break the search button on the phone.Even if you re-install it from the market, it won't work. You either have to make it a flashable zip, or leave it.

I would assume the same will happen with voice and talk.

Removing these won't speed up the phone or give you any more space anyhow.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Removing Google Search will break the search button on the phone.Even if you re-install it from the market, it won't work.
    This is true, however, as with the updated market, he could replace the googlesearchbox.apk with the updated one from the market and rename in /system/app. Same with voice search. But yes, having them removed from /system/app, even if downloaded to /data/app, will break the functionality tied to the hardware buttons.

Google Talk, however, I do not believe is downloadable from the market and shouldn't be removed unless the individual user wishes to do so themselves.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljeannie View Post
    This is true, however, as with the updated market, he could replace the googlesearchbox.apk with the updated one from the market and rename in /system/app. Same with voice search. But yes, having them removed from /system/app, even if downloaded to /data/app, will break the functionality tied to the hardware buttons.

Google Talk, however, I do not believe is downloadable from the market and shouldn't be removed unless the individual user wishes to do so themselves.
    Harmonia has it updated already, as did Aphrodite, you just replace it.

I think you can Talk from the market, but it still can present problems. Most Google apps can begotten there if you know how to find them.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Obviously this isn't aosp..... I'm just stating the fact that I can't reboot or reboot into recovery using terminal with this rom and wondering why. As I was able to aosp...

AOSP is a very customized ROM, it's no surprise that it will have features that differ from other ROMs.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #258  

Actually, you can. Type "toolbox reboot recovery" at the Terminal prompt and it will do what you want. Which, as I said, is not a safe shutdown, especially is you have an ext partition because the phone is shut down without unmounting it) so you shouldn't do it (it's not safe with aospCMod, or any other ROM either).

The "reboot" terminal command is just a symlink to "toolbox", much like many command-line utilities are symlinks to busybox.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #259  

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Removing Google Search will break the search button on the phone.Even if you re-install it from the market, it won't work. You either have to make it a flashable zip, or leave it.

I would assume the same will happen with voice and talk.

Removing these won't speed up the phone or give you any more space anyhow.
    Yeah, I hadn't thought about the search button, thanks for pointing it out before I wasted some time on that. The side button is tied to the voice search, I believe. However, I don't think anything is tied to Talk (it's just a messaging app), so I'll test it out and see.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

The Bluetooth DUN, does it work "out of the box"? I tried using PDA Net app form the market on a different ROM and it failed to work. If this works with out app on this ROM I am going to migrate.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #261  

Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    The Bluetooth DUN, does it work "out of the box"? I tried using PDA Net app form the market on a different ROM and it failed to work. If this works with out app on this ROM I am going to migrate.
    BT DUN support is built-in, compiled into the kernel (not a module). I really don't have a way to test the BT DUN support, so if you could give it a shot and let me know how it works, that would be great.

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

is there a fix for the missing character? like when i wanna add a word to my dictionary itll show the word then a square and then say whatever it says when you wanna add the word.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

If anyone wants me to make a version of this theme:http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...11-update.html

for this rom, pm me

The sound/talk/kickback stuff might not be upgradeable. I've looked at it a little bit, and they appear to be modded by LG (but I may be wrong). I'll see if I can replace them with newer updates from the market while retaining the LG modifications, if any. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    I have updated these with Market download, and then moved updated version from /Data/App to /System/App with RootExplorer (and deleted older versions from /System/App) using Cut/Paste functionality (i.e., Move command). No issues after reboot (didn't even rename them).

As for Google Search, in the next update I will probably be removing any Google apps that can be downloaded from the market. There are only a couple left (Google Search, Voice Search, and Google Talk).
    I also updated this one with Market download, and then moved updated version from /Data/App to /System/App with RootExplorer (and deleted older version from /System/App) using Cut/Paste functionality (i.e., Move command). I renamed it to the older version's name, and ran a Fix Permissions (through Rom Manager). No issues after reboot (i.e., the dedicated search key on phone works).

I have no use for Voice (I use Obion app) or Talk (does ANYONE use that on this phone?). So, I delete them using Root Explorer. Am I missing something?

BT DUN is built into the kernel. There are some hidden settings that I will enable in the next release. This will probably be one of them.
    Looking forward to seeing BT DUN enabled in next release. Will you be enabling just DUN, or will you also be enabling BT PAN? I prefer DUN (dedicated IP address); others (esp in the Nook Color arena) prefer PAN.

Start with the kernel. Don't try to build it on anything but linux, even if you have to use VirtualBox to do it. Once you get the kernel compiled, you'll need to build a boot.img with ramdisk. The best way to do this is to unpack an existing boot.img and extract the ramdisk. Read . However, don't use the script on the page to split the img, use unpackbootimg (you may have to compile it, but it's really simple) because it will give you the base as well as command-line arguments you need to rebuild the boot.img. Once you get that part done, you can flash the boot.img, make sure it works, tweak it, fix bugs, etc. Then put it in an update zip. Here you'll get to learn about edify scripting to flash the zip, see .

So, once you get the kernel going, and you've got a working boot.img and kernel update zip, you can expand on the kernel update zip to include the entire ROM. Again, it's best to start with an existing system. If you've got access to a nandroid backup of a rooted stock system, you can use unyaffs2 to extract the system.img. If the apk's and /system/framework are odexed, you'll need to deodex them. See for info on how to do it. Make sure you can put it all in an update zip and get it installed and working before you do any further system mods. If you modify framework-res.apk, you'll need to resign it as well as every app in /system/app or the phone won't boot.

Yep, lots of learning to do. But I just saved you, like, literally days of searching.
    WOW. And, thank you. Yes, you are right, though you probably underestimate what you saved me in search time. What you outline above looks more like it would have taken me weeks of searching to find. Thanks again for your help. And, of course, for a great ROM.

Great post keep up the great work

I love this rom!!!!!!! Are there any themes for it?

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by immascorpio1114 View Post
    I love this rom!!!!!!! Are there any themes for it?
    Obi doesn't believe in using a theme in his rom which I appreciate. You can use plenty of options to essentially create your own.

It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

BT DUN support is built-in, compiled into the kernel (not a module). I really don't have a way to test the BT DUN support, so if you could give it a shot and let me know how it works, that would be great.
    I will be happy to test it. I will have to wait till next week though.

left phone unplugged and idle for 8 hours and battery didn't go down 1%. other roms would have gone down 10-20%. this is awesome battery life!

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay83 View Post
    left phone unplugged and idle for 8 hours and battery didn't go down 1%. other roms would have gone down 10-20%. this is awesome battery life!
    It has nothing to do with the ROM, it is a reporting error. Do you really think it would only use 1% of battery for 8 hours?

Actually, mine did that on Rodimus but seems to report correctly on Bumblebee ROM.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #271  

Quote Originally Posted by thexxoffspring View Post
    is there a fix for the missing character? like when i wanna add a word to my dictionary itll show the word then a square and then say whatever it says when you wanna add the word.
    In the first post the attachement at the bottom has the font, fallback font which is easy to install. It's huge (something like 3 or 4MB so I removed it. It's mainly for cjk characters, but Android "falls back" on that font when it encounters any character not in the standard fontset (usually cjk, but sometimes other unicode characters) I've gotten the size of the ROM way down from a couple of weeks ago, so I may go ahead and put it back in with the next update since several people are apparently want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay83 View Post
    It sounds like you may need to erase batterystats.bin (an option in recovery) especially if you had CM7 installed at some point. I believe the total battery life when in airplane-mode-idle is a bit over 300 hours, so it should be closer to 1% every 3 hours in that mode. On the other hand, li-ion batteries have a very flat voltage drop the first several hours, so only a 1% drop in voltage may in fact be reported after the first 8 hours in airplane-mode-idle. That said, I'm not sure exactly how the battery percentage is calculated. Everyone seems to report that no matter what ROM they're using it stays at 100% for quite a while, which leads me to believe it is mainly voltage-based.

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

so.. i took my sd card and my phone flipped ****. just kept force closing the launcher (stock launcher). im gonna reflash the rom see if that fixes things

Quote Originally Posted by thexxoffspring View Post
    so.. i took my sd card and my phone flipped ****. just kept force closing the launcher (stock launcher). im gonna reflash the rom see if that fixes things
    You took your SDcard out? Did you unmount the card first?

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    You took your SDcard out? Did you unmount the card first?
    no :/ but now i know. i reflashed and everything is fine

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

so after reflashing i was using my phone like normal. rebooted and then BOOM launcher is force closing again.

DISREGARD THIS POST. Learned that Juicedefender was the reason for fcing.
    Last edited by thexxoffspring; 05-11-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast