Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    aospCMOD Android 2.3.4

Including toggles like 3g wifi etc would also be nice

Great ROM!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMACHOMAN86 View Post
    Including toggles like 3g wifi etc would also be nice

Great ROM!
    The problem is that using the widgets to toggle wifi/3g consumes battery as they're widgets. I wish there was a way to add a shortcut as toggle instead of a widget. Maybe there is.

There is a serious bug! I can't install non market apps. The phone auto reboots, or freezes. I am downloading from my gmail account.

ROM
    aospCMOD Android 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    The problem is that using the widgets to toggle wifi/3g consumes battery as they're widgets. I wish there was a way to add a shortcut as toggle instead of a widget. Maybe there is.
    Well I meant including them in the notification bar like in Gingerbread
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #130  

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    There is a serious bug! I can't install non market apps. The phone auto reboots, or freezes. I am downloading from my gmail account.
    It works for me. Give me more info. Did you wipe before installing the ROM? Did you install over another ROM? Rebooting and freezing sounds like dalvik-cache wasn't wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMACHOMAN86 View Post
    Well I meant including them in the notification bar like in Gingerbread
    I've never used 2.3.

This rom gets updated pretty often, I might want to try this out. Any BT issues?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #133  

Quote Originally Posted by easyguy View Post
    This rom gets updated pretty often, I might want to try this out. Any BT issues?
    No BT issues. Everything Works

Quote Originally Posted by obijohn View Post
    It works for me. Give me more info. Did you wipe before installing the ROM? Did you install over another ROM? Rebooting and freezing sounds like dalvik-cache wasn't wiped.
    I came from radius rom. I also wiped everything and it still happens. Btw this didn't happen on 1.13 only on 1.14

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    Do what I do and bind Quick Settings to your long press search key

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #136  

I came from radius rom. I also wiped everything and it still happens. Btw this didn't happen on 1.13 only on 1.14
    Tell me exactly how and what you're trying to install. If something is wrong it will get fixed, but "side loading" works as far as I have tested it. I've tried installing from adb and with a file manager from the sdcard, and I everything I've tried works (including installing the SlideIT keyboard straight from the sdcard).

I just emailed myself an app not installed on this phone as a test, FroyoParts.apk (an app that enables some extra froyo settings). Gmail has an Install button next to the attachment. When I click on it, the app installs fine. No errors, no FC's, no reboots.

Maybe it's the app you're installing?

Caller id faker
    It doesn't install for me.
    I just tried a generic app and same results
    your rom is fast and it's a shame I can't have it.

Also I tried amazon app store same results

Quote Originally Posted by overthinkingme View Post
    Do what I do and bind Quick Settings to your long press search key

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    I already have QS on the long search keypress.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #140  

Also I tried amazon app store same results
    Can you try a couple of things for me? Try installing an app with adb ("adb install appname.apk"). If that works, install one of the free file manager apps that way. Then "adb push" an app to the sdcard, and use the file manager to browse to the app and install it.

If those 2 things work, try this last thing, but first try to download a regular attachement, like a picture. Does that work?

Ok, so try this: "adb pull /data/app/Gmail.apk" to copy the gmail app to you computer. Then "adb uninstall Gmail.apk", and then "adb install Gmail.apk" (from the directory you pulled it to). Basically, that's just backing up the Gmail app, uninstalling it, then re-installing it. If all that goes ok, try installing an app from an attachment again. If it now works, that tells me that for some reason your phone is not liking the way Gmail is installed.

Also, big question I forgot to ask, are you using Link2SD, or another type of apps2sd? That will tell me something too.

I have the same issue, except with just trying to install an app from Market (Easy Install).

I was on Bumblebee ROM 1.13, which was working great. Using CWMA .4 Virgin recovery, I created a 512MB partition and 0MB swap on the stock 2GB LG SD card because I want to start using Link2SD. I wiped dalvik cache, cache partition, and data partition. Then I installed the full-wipe Bumblebee ROM 1.14.

When I go into Market and install "Easy Install," the phone reboots/freezes right when Easy Install finishes downloading and tries to install. This is with doing nothing else beforehand besides adding on my Google account so I can access the Market.

I did the whole thing again within CWMA .4 Virgin recovery with wiping dalvik/cache/data and reinstalling full-wipe BB ROM 1.14. And the same thing happens. So I backed down to BB ROM 1.13 and the issue went away.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #142  

Quote Originally Posted by davidh44 View Post
    I have the same issue, except with just trying to install an app from Market (Easy Install).

I was on Bumblebee ROM 1.13, which was working great. Using CWMA .4 Virgin recovery, I created a 512MB partition and 0MB swap on the stock 2GB LG SD card because I want to start using Link2SD. I wiped dalvik cache, cache partition, and data partition. Then I installed the full-wipe Bumblebee ROM 1.14.

When I go into Market and install "Easy Install," the phone reboots/freezes right when Easy Install finishes downloading and tries to install. This is with doing nothing else beforehand besides adding on my Google account so I can access the Market.

I did the whole thing again within CWMA .4 Virgin recovery with wiping dalvik/cache/data and reinstalling full-wipe BB ROM 1.14. And the same thing happens. So I backed down to BB ROM 1.13 and the issue went away.
    David, did you happen to use Link2SD to move any of the Google apps to ext partition before? If so, I think I might know what's causing this. What's happening (I think) is that when I moved the google apps to /data/app, it is overwriting the symlink there which results in two copies of the app (one in /data/app and one in data/sdext2).

EDIT: Link to fix removed, check first post.
    Last edited by obijohn; 05-03-2011 at 08:01 AM.

David, did you happen to use Link2SD to move any of the Google apps to ext partition before? If so, I think I might know what's causing this. What's happening (I think) is that when I moved the google apps to /data/app, it is overwriting the symlink there which results in two copies of the app (one in /data/app and one in data/sdext2).

EDIT: Ok, here's the test fix. . Reboot into recovery, flash it over BB 1.14. You will have to re-link/move the google apps to ext, but it should be working properly with links/apps/2sd. Please report back if it works or not.
    I actually haven't installed or used the Link2SD app yet. I did create the 512MB partition using the Xionia CWMA recovery prior to flashing full-wipe BB 1.14, in case the mere existence of that partition might have had some effect. I basically went from clearing dalvik/cache/data -> installing full-wipe BB 1.14 -> adding Google account (so I can use Market) -> attempting to install "Easy Install" from Market.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #144  

Quote Originally Posted by davidh44 View Post
    I actually haven't installed or used the Link2SD app yet. I did create the 512MB partition using the Xionia CWMA recovery prior to flashing full-wipe BB 1.14, in case the mere existence of that partition might have had some effect. I basically went from clearing dalvik/cache/data -> installing full-wipe BB 1.14 -> adding Google account (so I can use Market) -> attempting to install "Easy Install" from Market.
    Alright, I think I've got this tracked down to an issue with the full wipe install. I'll do several tests to make sure, and when it's working I'll post a 1.14a update (probably tomorrow morning).

Try the Amon_RA recovery. I've used both and found that RA partitions SD cards MUCH better than Xionia CWMA.

I was having issues with Link2SD not recognizing my partition until I deleted the partition created by CWMA, formatted my sdcard, switched back to RA Recovery and used that to partition my SD card. Now no issues.

Alright, I think I've got this tracked down to an issue with the full wipe install. I'll do several tests to make sure, and when it's working I'll post a 1.14a update (probably tomorrow morning).
    Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljeannie View Post
    Try the Amon_RA recovery. I've used both and found that RA partitions SD cards MUCH better than Xionia CWMA.

I was having issues with Link2SD not recognizing my partition until I deleted the partition created by CWMA, formatted my sdcard, switched back to RA Recovery and used that to partition my SD card. Now no issues.
    I'm new to Link2SD, but just tried it with BB ROM 1.13 and the CWMA-formatted partition is working ok for me. I didn't know which file system to choose upon initial Link2SD startup, so I popped the SD card into my computer and saw that CWMA formats the first partition (for storage) as FAT32 and the second partition (for Link2SD) as Ext3.

Not sure if Ext3 is the best choice or whether to go with Ext4 or FAT32 instead, but it's working ok.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #147  

So the issue was with the full-wipe install, but the problem wasn't what I thought it was last night. The install puts the google apps to /data/app creating that directory if /data was completely gone, however the full-wipe install did not set permissions for the new /data/app directory, which meant the Market couldn't install to it and generally freaked out. One reason this didn't show up for me was because there was a second problem in the full-wipe install -- it didn't format the data partition correctly either (!), so /data/app (sometimes) already existed with the proper permissions. And that's why the bug didn't show for everyone.

You can test (and fix) this yourself by booting into recovery, mounting /data, and then doing "adb shell chown -R 1000.1000 /data/app", "adb shell chmod 771 /data/app", and "adb shell chmod -R 644 /data/app". Reboot and Market installs work.

Anyway, those two issues are now fixed, and it all works again. As soon as the new install zips have finished uploading, I'll update the first post. My upload bandwidth is currently throttled (begin looking for a new ISP ), so it will take about 45 minutes or so.

My apologies to those that had this problem.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #148  

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljeannie View Post

One issue with Link2SD was that if you didn't have an /etc/init.d folder, it set up it's mounting in /etc/install-recovery.sh. That file is normally not present in ROMS (this one included), so Link2SD creates it. However, I found that it didn't set it to be executable, so the partition was never mounted on boot. Once I figured this out, I put some code in the "no-wipe" install which sets that file to be executable whenever you update. So chances are that it wasn't actually the change in recovery that fixed it for you, but rather just doing a Bumblebee update.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #149  

1.15 update now posted, fixes app installation issues (no need to install if 1.14 was working for you, only if you had app installation problems)
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MIUI

1.15 update now posted, fixes app installation issues (no need to install if 1.14 was working for you, only if you had app installation problems)
    Just wanted to say I'm very happy with your work and the development and updates you are putting into this project you have done. Keep up the great work.
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast