ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i keep getting the blue screen and swap different recoveries
The issue for me was using Xionia CWMA recovery for this particular ROM. While Aphrodite, Rodimus, and aosp installed fine with it fine multiple times in the past, the two recoveries I've recently used to successfully install Bumblebee were Thunderc and the newest Clockwork.

All my installs were completely full wipes including dalvik and battery stat wipes.

It's not exactly to say we had the same issues, but I'm simply reporting my experience with it.

-K

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The issue for me was using Xionia CWMA recovery for this particular ROM. While Aphrodite, Rodimus, and aosp installed fine with it fine multiple times in the past, the two recoveries I've recently used to successfully install Bumblebee were Thunderc and the newest Clockwork.

All my installs were completely full wipes including dalvik and battery stat wipes.

It's not exactly to say we had the same issues, but I'm simply reporting my experience with it.

-K

Ah I use xinonia recovery too, guess ill pass.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Don't let a little issue of swapping recoveries stop ya. ;)

It's actually a fairly solid ROM for me, but I think I enjoy a more minimalist approach (Probably why I adore Aphrodite so much.)

Otherwise seems fairly solid (when flashed with the proper recovery :p), and others should really give it a shot. I still maintain it has the best version of App Market *ever*. :D

Also: This experiment has been a great reminder for a beginner, such as myself, to use the suggested recoveries ROM authors want us to use. It's an obvious lesson that can sometimes be forgotten in steps when ROM hopping for people new to this whole deal.

-K

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I use xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin myself and have had no problems. I'm currently looking into doing a custom recovery with the new kernel, but that is on the back burner (maybe in a week or two).

Any recovery problems are probably related to how the recovery is actually wiping, possibly trying to wipe a different block device for data or cache than is correct for the V (just a guess). I may also post a "full_wipe.zip" that only wipes, but makes sure everything is correctly wiped. Add something else to the TODO. :)

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Does the kernel not support init.d scripts? I have been trying to get Data2ext to work. After installing a few needed binaries (e2fsck, mke2fs, tune2fs, and libs), I think the script is not being run when booting up.

/system/etc/init.d/40data2ext

Actually, this is pretty easy to implement (a couple of edits to the init.rc file). Unfortunately for you, that has to be done as part of a kernel+ramdisk flash, since init.rc gets re-written from boot.img on every boot. But I will add this in the next update.

I'm about to leave for some badly needed Easter Vacation and may not be able to post the update until Tuesday. Until then, why don't you give Links2SD a try? It works flawlessly for me. I'll have my V with me, so I can respond to questions in this thread, but won't be able to get any work done until I get back.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have tried Links2SD. Great app. But would love to get the script working, as I am sure a few others would also. Have a great Easter! I look forward to the update (whenever that may be).

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't anyone try making a ROM using android 2.3.3?

The only ones are Cyanogen and that is because they have a wealth of information to work from. However they have had to do a TON of work.

On the other side of that, you can't just simply remove Cyanogen and produce a 2.3 rom, everything in those are very heavily integrated (near as I can tell) and since there is no 2.3 official, we don't have anything else to really work from.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just a massive undertaking.

When we get an official 2.3.3 expect a massive flood of them.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if you ever tried this yet

I'm going to flash your rom/kernel as soon as it's done downloading. Then I will test flashing his over it...mainly just because I want his unlock screen and the no clock in status bar lol. Update soon as I'm done. :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Nvm on flashing the Rodimus theme. I kept getting the blue screen for all sorts of different reasons so going to flash back to a different rom. :(

Ok tried flashing the thunder recovery back to my phone from the CWMA I was using and still getting the blue screen. Yes I did all wipes before and after trying to flash...I will try again another day. Appreciate your work and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. :)

Last edited:

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Nvm on flashing the Rodimus theme. I kept getting the blue screen for all sorts of different reasons so going to flash back to a different rom. :(

Ok tried flashing the thunder recovery back to my phone from the CWMA I was using and still getting the blue screen. Yes I did all wipes before and after trying to flash...I will try again another day. Appreciate your work and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. :)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/58654-custom-recovery-optimus-v.html

^^ easiest way to flash a recovery. IMO of course.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. I tried the CWMA, thunderc, and the Clockwork recoveries. Figured the 3.0.2.4 CW wouldnt work but thought I would try anyway. None of them would work for me, kept getting the fastboot blue screen. Maybe next time I'll have better luck. I could flash back to my original nandroid from right after I rooted my phone and everything was still stock then flash this and see if that works.

Oh, and I think that ROM tools is the easiest way to flash a recovery. :) Can flash any of them with a few key strokes.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

-K
Which version Xionia CWMA recovery were you using that gave you the problems?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Which version Xionia CWMA recovery were you using that gave you the problems?

I tried .6
.6 let me do the following...

Update: I flashed Rodimus and then your kernel and it booted up crazy fast compared to with the Xionia kernel. Also his boot animation didnt freeze halfway through. :)

Maybe I'll try flashing your rom again after doing a nandroid of this kernel with rod rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11