Random slow downs (unbearable)

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So first off I LOVE this ROM. Running kernel 2.6.32.33 AOSPCMod with CyanogenMod. Random times during the day, the phone will lag down like no tomorrow and a reset will fix it.

I installed Advanced Task Killer, and I had it kill ALL processes. Yet it still lags until I reset it. Any fix for this? Everything else works perfect.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine would get slower after I used it for a while, but I think your problem is the task killer. Certain apps autorun, and when you constantly kill everything, they all have to open back up and do their thing again, therefore you use more resources closing them than if you just leave them open.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Try app watchdog, it will alert you if an app pops up and uses too much of your phones resources, you wouldn't believe how many times gallery goes crazy, and I don't ever use it

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's just one of the flaws of a WIP rom, you'll have to reboot your phone every so often, happened to me, i'm on bumblebee now.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So first off I LOVE this ROM. Running kernel 2.6.32.33 AOSPCMod with CyanogenMod. Random times during the day, the phone will lag down like no tomorrow and a reset will fix it.

I installed Advanced Task Killer, and I had it kill ALL processes. Yet it still lags until I reset it. Any fix for this? Everything else works perfect.

Task killers are just a waste, especially on a 2.2 ROM or better, in the older versions of the software they were a help, now they just exist to make money off the people who don't know any better. Like someone said get watch dog is only kicks in if an apps gets out of hand and it don't kill apps just to have them restart.

Have to remember too that AOSP is very much cutting edge for our phones so it will have its problems so until we get a true gingerbread update (I doubt we ever will!) on which the devs can build a custom ROM on then its going to be buggy.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use watchdog, works great, especially for that lame gallery program that always pops up eating my resources. I also use a program that stops certain programs from auto starting when I boot my phone. Not sure if that actually helps or not, might cause harm instead. I'm not sure.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just removed gallery, lets see if there any side effects

I was thinking of doing that also but hadn't gotten around to trying it yet. I don't think it should cause many, or any, issues as long as you have some other program installed for picture/video viewing. I use QuickPic as it is super fast and has never once triggered a warning on WatchDog.

Might be better to try freezing it first just in case it creates a lot of issues you can simply unfreeze and it will be back where it should be.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use "Fast Reboot" from the market. Basically, you click it, and it stops all unnecessary apps and processes and then restarts those that are necessary, It does the same as rebooting, just without the time of rebooting.

clor

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Autokiller memory optimizer made mines run alot faster. Also SD booster. And then data2ext. Those works for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20