Help! Also Lost 3G connection!!

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok--on Tuesday I moved from Reborn Rom to ASOP CM7. Everything was working fine. Then yesterday about 3pm everything went out. No Texting, no calling, no 3G.

I went back to Reborn Rom but nothing changed--still no service. So I went all the way back to stock rom so I could do the ##virgin# thing to re-program the phone. I'm still on the stock rom and can send/receive text and phone calls but have still not gained 3G.

One of the other threads said to activate the phone again. When I try that I get a:

Service is not available
Error:06-07-5101
Contact Virgin
Mobile
at your Service
1-888-322-1122​

I talked to them and they walked me through the reprogramming again (##virgin#) and said to call them back in 24 hours if things have not improved! (Gee thanks!)

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only had that come up when they were having an outage in my area. Granted I was just losing my data not everything. Good luck. :(

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok--on Tuesday I moved from Reborn Rom to ASOP CM7. Everything was working fine. Then yesterday about 3pm everything went out. No Texting, no calling, no 3G.

I went back to Reborn Rom but nothing changed--still no service. So I went all the way back to stock rom so I could do the ##virgin# thing to re-program the phone. I'm still on the stock rom and can send/receive text and phone calls but have still not gained 3G.

One of the other threads said to activate the phone again. When I try that I get a:

Service is not available
Error:06-07-5101
Contact Virgin
Mobile
at your Service
1-888-322-1122​

I talked to them and they walked me through the reprogramming again (##virgin#) and said to call them back in 24 hours if things have not improved! (Gee thanks!)

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes they probably are working on the system. It has happened here also.

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I suspected an outage----of course VM is in denial!!

I now get a 3G icon but when I try to use data it quickly goes to 1X but at least it seems to be improving.

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
this happened to me, how many times did you hit the activate button? i had to hit it like 4 times before my internet came back
Well here is the latest from VM:

Hello,

There is a single cell site out of service and there is no estimated time of repair. Not all phones will be affected during this outage.

Sincerely,

Pia L.
Social Media Team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz