root using xp in virtualbox?

b.roid

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i have ubuntu as my OS. could i put xp inside virtualbox and hook up my phone? or do i need a pc with windows loaded?

ryang

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Should work, but you'll need to attach the usb device to your vm. It can get tricky if it reboots and the root program is looking for the phone, so just make sure its attached.

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't do it. Even when I have eventually succeeded, it was based on trial and error. Rooting the phone on a Windows computer is a piece of cake using SUT LR and Super One Click. If you are like me, a 100% linux user, I would recommend you a tiny windows xp partition to handle these kind of situations.

Regards. ;)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it. Even when I have eventually succeeded, it was based on trial and error. Rooting the phone on a Windows computer is a piece of cake using SUT LR and Super One Click. If you are like me, a 100% linux user, I would recommend you a tiny windows xp partition to handle these kind of situations.

Regards. ;)
make sure you use the right rooting software for your baseband.
gigerbreak works well up to and including zv5. zv9 needs gordita root.
superoneclick and z4root only work on zv4.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure only SuperOneClick version 1.64 worked to root the V. Had to use the Shell Root option and then push SU and Busybox as well as change permissions with a terminal on the computer, after proper setup of the Android SDK.

Z4 Root never has worked for the V

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure only SuperOneClick version 1.64 worked to root the V. Had to use the Shell Root option and then push SU and Busybox as well as change permissions with a terminal on the computer, after proper setup of the Android SDK.

Z4 Root never has worked for the V

I remember my first V, I mesed with z4root and superoneclick but couldn't remember which did what or if either failed. by the time I got a new one gingerbreak was out.

To root opti-s zv7 recovery I used rageagainstthecage binary from superoneclick for sure though.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep.
The root exploit for the S has been improved. There is now an Opti-auto root that only requires a few simple y's from terminal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol