1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question removing pre programmed apps on Optimus V

Does anyone know how to remove pre-programmed apps from an Optimus V? These are killing my storage and I never use them. I'm always having to force stop them every time I turn on my phone and I want to remove them.

Thanks

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Default Re: removing pre programmed apps on Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by storm song View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove pre-programmed apps from an Optimus V? These are killing my storage and I never use them. I'm always having to force stop them every time I turn on my phone and I want to remove them.

Thanks
    The bloatware is installed in the system folders. If your phone is rooted you can use a file manager such as es file explorer to do the job.

ROM
    MIUI

Thanks
    Use 7zip.
    right click on the rom flash file and choose open archive.
    i right click from there on and choose "open inside" when opening folders
    go into \system\app\
    delete out the stuff you don't want.
    I remove stuff like all the live wallpaper crap but the picker (in case I want to use one later)
    You can also remove ringtones, alarms, notification files under \media
    I'm sure there is more you can remove but I haven't gotten into that too much.

On my edited Ath3nos rom installer, after a clean install, i have 176 of 179 free.

Quote Originally Posted by nascar2428 View Post
    The bloatware is installed in the system folders. If your phone is rooted you can use a file manager such as es file explorer to do the job.
    Obviously this will work too. It's just easier for me to do it pre-install than afterwards.
    I'd rather do it on a full screen with mouse and keyboard than a touch screen with my finger lol.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
    Derp

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I used titanium backup.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by gsrrr View Post
    I used titanium backup.
    Still more effort than it's worth to me lol.
    Much faster, for me, to just open the rom zip with 7zip and delete out the stuff I don't want.
    Then I, now that I know I can, if you use gb and flash gapps; go in there and delete a few apps from there too. That way when I flash everything I'm done. No need to go in one at a time and remove it all.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!

ROM
    [ROM]Harmonia 1.3

Thanks
    Or you could root and flash Harmonia it has the bloatware removed.

ROM
    2.6.32.26-aospCMod

The easiest method I use is "root uninstaller", which is on the market...

Everybody here seems to be assuming ur rooted which I for one think ur not and likely don't plan to. Well in that case there are no real ways to "remove" these "preprogrammed" aka bloatware from the system without rooting the phone first. There are ways to freeze them so they don't use resources but u want space so that doesn't help.

ROM
    Mobster ROM:Gingerkernel

Just use this app called SDX App Remover

You do need root for this but it's a great simple app. Allows you to make backups of the stock .apk file you wish to remove so you can install it back at a later time if needed.

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Just be aware that these apps are stored in different location and removing them will not give you any more usable space. Removing them will help with the battery life, but sorry no more space for more apps.