Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1060
Like Tree61Likes
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: Building your own ROM

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack.fiasco View Post
    Okay, I'm pretty sure that I specified gingerbread, but I could be wrong. I'll try it again. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm going to run the repo sync all the way through, but that error happens if repo cannot find the tagfix.py file in order to read the default.xml file. Most of the time it is do to repo init -u "URL" not entered right. It is case sensitive.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    I'm going to run the repo sync all the way through, but that error happens if repo cannot find the tagfix.py file in order to read the default.xml file. Most of the time it is do to repo init -u "URL" not entered right. It is case sensitive.
    Yeah, I figured it out. I added a -g flag instead of -b.

This space intentionally left blank.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to sync, and I think most of it stems from my less than ideal internet access. I live in a rural part of Florida, and the only available service is AT&T's slowest speed of DSL. My connection resets infrequently, but it does so 2 or 3 times a day. I need to learn more about how git works, because I imagine, and I could be wrong, that it's possible to download parts of a repo separately. Does anyone know how to sync a repo piece by piece? I see that in the initial sync, an android.git file is referenced. Does this contain a list of all the parts needed? Or am I way off base here?

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Yeah you can do it that way, and the command would be:

Code:
    git clone "URL address of what you want to clone"
    If you are going in that direction, the I would fork the repositories and clone from you own git that way you can push changes back when ever needed.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do. I don't know how to fork or clone. I'm gonna read what I can find, but on the off chance that you know off the top of your head, is there a guide somewhere out there on learning git and repo as it relates to use in building android specifically? Or is there a particular tutorial you can recommend? Thanks again for your help so far!

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do. I don't know how to fork or clone. I'm gonna read what I can find, but on the off chance that you know off the top of your head, is there a guide somewhere out there on learning git and repo as it relates to use in building android specifically? Or is there a particular tutorial you can recommend? Thanks again for your help so far!

github.com has a guide for using git that is pretty easy to follow, and repo is a program released by Google for pulling in different repositories.

Using Repo and Git
    Thanked by:

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

I found this site, which I'm currently using to teach myself git:

http://gitimmersion.com/

Makes you use git in a variety of scenarios. Very hands on, so you can see what the git commands you're using actually do.

Thanked by:

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Pages 20 -40 of this thread covers some good stuff from jerryscript and bobzhomes about pulling, merges, and pushing changes. Plus it covers kernel building.

Just for reference, I use these mostly :
    git status
    git add
    git commit -a -m "say whatever changes are made"
    git cherry-pick
    git revert
    git reflog
    git reset --hard
    git push/pull/or merge
    git checkout -b newbranchname
    git branch -a
    git diff
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

I found this site, which I'm currently using to teach myself git:

http://gitimmersion.com/

Makes you use git in a variety of scenarios. Very hands on, so you can see what the git commands you're using actually do.

Redbaron2005 (the aosp gingerbread dev) also has a very easy tutorial.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Thanks for the suggestions all. When I'm through with git-immersion, I'll check out what you guys have offered up. I've been making some aliases in the .gitconfig. Like git hist for a nice formatted history. There's some real good stuff in this git-immersion tutorial.

Last edited by flapjack.fiasco; 10-31-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    something15525 likes this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Soo.. I was just thinking... If I wanted to build an updated version of jerryscripts backside rom would I just sync cm then sync Jerry's repo?

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Soo.. I was just thinking... If I wanted to build an updated version of jerryscripts backside rom would I just sync cm then sync Jerry's repo?

Just repo sync Jerry's repo, Jerry made changes to the default.xml to point to his repo.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Just repo sync Jerry's repo, Jerry made changes to the default.xml to point to his repo.
    Would that pull in any cm changes though? Or would that have to be done manually?

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Manually, otherwise you will be building his last build with exception to the CyanogenMod ones listed in his manifest. The Jerryscript repos are usually the major ones that need updating ... frameworks_base , CMParts, Phone, and Settings. So in each of those repos, you manually pull in the updated CyanogenMod repos to keep jerryscript's customizations. Then the rest, you apply Mrg666's patches.

hi buddys i started to build cm7 for g300 and i get this error:
    Code:
    Copy: out/target/product/u8815/system/lib/libril.so
    target Executable: rild (out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/LINKED/rild)
    prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/rild.o: in function s_rilEnv:rild.c(.data.rel+0x4): error: undefined reference to 'RIL_onUnsolicitedResponse'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/LINKED/rild] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    i hope someone can help me.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by Filip Djordjevic View Post
    hi buddys i started to build cm7 for g300 and i get this error:
    Code:
    Copy: out/target/product/u8815/system/lib/libril.so
    target Executable: rild (out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/LINKED/rild)
    prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/rild.o: in function s_rilEnv:rild.c(.data.rel+0x4): error: undefined reference to 'RIL_onUnsolicitedResponse'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/LINKED/rild] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    i hope someone can help me.
    You can use prebuilt ril libs, and go to the rild folder and rename android.mk to android.mk~ that's a quick and dirty way. Id wait for someone else to chime in though

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

^^^ I was going to say the same thing.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sellers86 View Post
    You can use prebuilt ril libs, and go to the rild folder and rename android.mk to android.mk~ that's a quick and dirty way. Id wait for someone else to chime in though

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Android Central Forums
    thank u!

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Pulled in a frameworks_base repo from CM and so fare everything tests out great and is fully working. The CM Team added IHO code for VM support the only thing that was missing was a little something of AudioSystem.h which is an easy fix.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 01-11-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Thanked by:
    sellers86 likes this.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Setting up a new repo that should replace the out dated IHO repo, but at a lose as to what to name it o.O, but I digress.

So anyways about three days ago I pulled in a full CyanogenMod repo save the devices and my own recovery repo and built it and everything works like it should that then some. It is going to take my about two days to make the changes need to some of the ".mk" files so that anyone who pulls in the repo will have a clean build, and most of the changes are to simply remove that which does not have to do with our phones. and so that right info is present in the build.prop.

EDIT: Not going to add the FastCharge Widget for the reason that that out of the 5 custom GB kernel's only 2 or 3 have FastCharge built-in.
    Thanked by 4:
    sudo100011 likes this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Hmm how about S.I.O. Superior Irken Organs?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware
    Thanked by 2:
    EarthnFire78 and sudo100011 like this.

ROM
    cm9

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Hmm how about S.I.O. Superior Irken Organs?

Yes!

Once this is released, I think I'm going to rebase magpie to this, even though I did some of that anyway.
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59
    EarthnFire78 likes this.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Full CyanogenMod repo with changes needed for our phone git repo is here. I did not update the kernel or the wireless drivers, that can be done by the individual after repo sync.

To repo sync
    Code:
    repo init -u https://github.com/SuperiorIrkenOrgans/android.git -b gingerbread
    Also updated the prebuilt Superuser.apk to v3.1.3 (46) and the su binary to v3.1.1 (17); the su binary is prebuilt since there is a flaw in the build that it does not remember anything.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 01-12-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Thanked by:
    bigsupersquid likes this.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Full CyanogenMod repo with changes needed for our phone git repo is here. I did not update the kernel or the wireless drivers, that can be done by the individual after repo sync.

To repo sync
    Code:
    repo init -u https://github.com/SuperiorIrkenOrgans/android.git -b gingerbread
    Also updated the prebuilt Superuser.apk to v3.1.3 (46) and the su binary to v3.1.1 (17); the su binary is prebuilt since it cannot be built with the gingerbread branch.
    Might want to update the kernel... The old iho kernel doesn't work with the Hitachi screens

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Thought about it and what seems the best choice is to let the individual pick the kernel they wish to use, what I may do is remove the kernels and that they would be forced to pick one. The reason for this is that kernel development over the last year has taken off going from two to I think five or six now (counting my own).

Did you notice the name I picked, your idea was just to nerdy to pass up?
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 LastLast