Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 241 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree522Likes

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Blarf having a issue with Jerrys latest build. Nothing serious and its prolly a simple oh god he wants that turned back on type of thing.

When booting I have a mp3 that would play along with the animation on ath3nos rom. Ive done everything just like I did for his rom but it wont play the sound file. I uesd this post I made a couple days ago and had it working on ath3nos. Everything else seems to be working just the boot sound is not playing.

Boot sounds

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    I'm glad I don't have a cap on my cable internet, downloading 80 MB for your updates everyday would probably push me over. Is there a reason you can't just update the kernels? Or do you modify the rom its self every night too, sorry if its a stupid question
    New changes are made to the actual cyanogenmod frameworks on a daily basis. There are new features added like the separate lockscreen wallpaper and custom tablet options. (Basically the CM features are changed).

So on the unstable branch we're using for builds, more changes with the builds than just kernel updates.

With an AOSP ROM as complex as CM smaller incremental patch updates may cause additional issues and cause issues with detecting bugs. At least that's why I believe incremental patches aren't the best idea.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KemikalElite View Post
    New changes are made to the actual cyanogenmod frameworks on a daily basis. There are new features added like the separate lockscreen wallpaper and custom tablet options. (Basically the CM features are changed).

So on the unstable branch we're using for builds, more changes with the builds than just kernel updates.

With an AOSP ROM as complex as CM smaller incremental patch updates may cause additional issues and cause issues with detecting bugs. At least that's why I believe incremental patches aren't the best idea.

Thanks I was just carious, the 80 MB doesn't really bother me, I was being funny

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    Clear your market data, go to phone settings, manage applications, find market and hit clear data
    Just tried this; unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

To be clear, the problem is not with the market on the phone; rather, the problem is with the web market.
    From the web market, if I try to install any app I don't have installed already, it tells me "This app is incompatible with your LGE LG-VM670" and won't let install. The market app on the phone works fine; it's just the web market that is acting up.

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Quote Originally Posted by larryc View Post
    Having an odd problem after updating from Jerryscript's 7/22 build to the 7/25. (Yes, I cleared cache & dalvik cache before updating).
    When I go to the market.android.com, many (most) of the apps tell me "This app is incompatible with your LGE LG-VM670." and won't let me install. (Under details, it says "LGE LG-VM670
    This item cannot be installed in your device's country.")

Is there a quick fix for this?
    I think it may be a market glitch of some sort. If I attempt to use the market from my computer I get the same message , however when I go to the market from my phone the same app will download and install. I tried to download advanced task killer thru the computer no go , on the phone no problem. Also tried severasl themes for theme chooser with the same results.

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

He beat me to the punch!!

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by nascar2428 View Post
    I think it may be a market glitch of some sort. If I attempt to use the market from my computer I get the same message , however when I go to the market from my phone the same app will download and install. I tried to download advanced task killer thru the computer no go , on the phone no problem. Also tried severasl themes for theme chooser with the same results.
    The market website is newer so it probably has a few more bugs. I just use the traditional market app on my phone.

See this is why we don't have an iTunes equivalent here on Android. I've been an iOS user since launch and I've always had problems with iTunes. The only reason I have an iPod is because it's the only HDPI, dual camera, 1 GHz, wifi-only device for under $250. The nice thing about Android is everything takes place right on the device. All cloud powered, no computer sync.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by KemikalElite View Post
    The market website is newer so it probably has a few more bugs. I just use the traditional market app on my phone.

See this is why we don't have an iTunes equivalent here on Android. I've been an iOS user since launch and I've always had problems with iTunes. The only reason I have an iPod is because it's the only HDPI, dual camera, 1 GHz, wifi-only device for under $250. The nice thing about Android is everything takes place right on the device. All cloud powered, no computer sync.

Cloud powered is nice unless your in that one spot that service is horribad.
    I prefer to have it in hard format (sorta) on my device incase of that one time I lose connection.
    Which for me is a 15 minute drive south. However everywhere around my house and the town I live in gets decent coverage.

Just flashed a little while ago, and so far its running perfect. Thank you VERY much for comiting your time towards development for everyone! Will Def help out and report any bugs I come across.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nascar2428 View Post
    If I attempt to use the market from my computer I get the same message , however when I go to the market from my phone the same app will download and install.
    Ok, so it appears you're having the same problem I am. Nascar, which build are you running? I am running the latest Jerryscript build (7/25)

Can anyone else confirm if they have the same problem: On your desktop computer, go to http://market.android.com and try to install an app. Does it work for you?

One thing I noticed: If I go to https://market.android.com/account , then click on the Settings tab, it displays an empty field under 'Carrier'. Could this be a symptom of problem?

(And, is this market problem just with this build or with all CM7 builds?)

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Just checked and I get the same error. Cannot be installed in your device country.
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

I can confirm this as well, when you try to install from the web based market, the popup appears asking you to choose your device, and when you try to select it a floating popup appears saying it cannot be installed in your country.

ROM
    BobZhome - IHO

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    I can confirm this as well, when you try to install from the web based market, the popup appears asking you to choose your device, and when you try to select it a floating popup appears saying it cannot be installed in your country.
    Yep, same thing here running your 7/25 r1 build.

Confirmed also happening on KemikalElite's 7/25 build.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

I can't help but feel that its the webmarket and not your phones. I used it with the build before this.

Just checked it works fine for me but I am on BB2.4. I noticed my phone's ID in the pop up was different from the cm7.1 ID. Maybe there is something that the market app is uploading that isn't right.

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Quote Originally Posted by larryc View Post
    Ok, so it appears you're having the same problem I am. Nascar, which build are you running? I am running the latest Jerryscript build (7/25)

Can anyone else confirm if they have the same problem: On your desktop computer, go to http://market.android.com and try to install an app. Does it work for you?

One thing I noticed: If I go to https://market.android.com/account , then click on the Settings tab, it displays an empty field under 'Carrier'. Could this be a symptom of problem?

(And, is this market problem just with this build or with all CM7 builds?)
    Just to follow up I am on the latest build and just tried to download with same results unfortunatly.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast

I am trying BACKside again. This time I calibrated the battery. I've got from 4:15AM to 10:15AM so far, and I'm at 90% battery. That's pretty decent battery life.

But now I'm back at home, which means I'm on WiFi. So we'll see how the battery fairs on standby with WiFi on, as that was my big problem before.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ath3nos CM7

Is there anyway you guys can optimize the keyboard it just doesn't seem as fast as froyo

Sent from my Optimus V

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by rockneo View Post
    Is there anyway you guys can optimize the keyboard it just doesn't seem as fast as froyo

Sent from my Optimus V
    I noticed this too. The keyboard feels a tad slow. It's just a little slower, but definitely enough to notice it.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Web market problem

This is a longshot, but is it possible there is something in the build.prop file that is misidentifying the phone?
    I tried the fix in this thread but it didn't help.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ath3nos CM7

Quote Originally Posted by narrow_minded View Post
    I noticed this too. The keyboard feels a tad slow. It's just a little slower, but definitely enough to notice it.
    Yeah even more so when you speed type.

ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

is anyone else having random freezes?? idk maybe its just me ,, just wanted to know bout you guys

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by cr42ydude View Post
    is anyone else having random freezes?? idk maybe its just me ,, just wanted to know bout you guys
    No random freezes ever since I've been on this ROM. Did you use clockworkmod recovery to wipe & flash?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ath3nos CM7

Another thing, notification pull down is laggy as well

Sent from my Optimus V

ROM
    MIUI

I ws hving trouble with the xioni recovery, things not going on wy from previous flash. Switched to clockwork recovery and haven't had issues since. First time xionia ever failed me
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
Page 11 of 241 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast