[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm this as well, when you try to install from the web based market, the popup appears asking you to choose your device, and when you try to select it a floating popup appears saying it cannot be installed in your country.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm this as well, when you try to install from the web based market, the popup appears asking you to choose your device, and when you try to select it a floating popup appears saying it cannot be installed in your country.

Yep, same thing here running your 7/25 r1 build.

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Confirmed also happening on KemikalElite's 7/25 build.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't help but feel that its the webmarket and not your phones. I used it with the build before this.

Just checked it works fine for me but I am on BB2.4. I noticed my phone's ID in the pop up was different from the cm7.1 ID. Maybe there is something that the market app is uploading that isn't right.

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so it appears you're having the same problem I am. Nascar, which build are you running? I am running the latest Jerryscript build (7/25)

Can anyone else confirm if they have the same problem: On your desktop computer, go to http://market.android.com and try to install an app. Does it work for you?

One thing I noticed: If I go to https://market.android.com/account , then click on the Settings tab, it displays an empty field under 'Carrier'. Could this be a symptom of problem?

(And, is this market problem just with this build or with all CM7 builds?)

Just to follow up I am on the latest build and just tried to download with same results unfortunatly.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am trying BACKside again. This time I calibrated the battery. I've got from 4:15AM to 10:15AM so far, and I'm at 90% battery. That's pretty decent battery life.

But now I'm back at home, which means I'm on WiFi. So we'll see how the battery fairs on standby with WiFi on, as that was my big problem before.

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Web market problem

This is a longshot, but is it possible there is something in the build.prop file that is misidentifying the phone?
I tried the fix in this thread but it didn't help.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I ws hving trouble with the xioni recovery, things not going on wy from previous flash. Switched to clockwork recovery and haven't had issues since. First time xionia ever failed me :(

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I ws hving trouble with the xioni recovery, things not going on wy from previous flash. Switched to clockwork recovery and haven't had issues since. First time xionia ever failed me :(

I'm probably a little too chicken to try anything else. (Rom Manager boot loop and everything on my very first flash). I keep Xionia .4 but when I flash, I format and delete the cache multiple times, 2-3 times each. I haven't had a problem actually until flashing the 7/22 version of BACKSide. It hung at the second 'LG' logo, rebooted (battery pull), then it hung at the boot animation. I did the delete/format multiple times thing and worked like a charm. :D

I'm loving this ROM!!! Here's to my BACKSide!! lol

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i finally made the permanent switch to Clockwork recovery. every time i flashed this ROM using xionia .4, something went wrong.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched to Clockwork recovery and my fat32 partition wont mount, so I decided I would remove the partition with gparted, and format my sd and create an ext with clockwork and it just sticks on the the formatting /sdcard... forever, I wish I would have just stuck with xionia, atleast it worked with my partition

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Web market problem

This is a longshot, but is it possible there is something in the build.prop file that is misidentifying the phone?
I tried the fix in this thread but it didn't help.
I'm using the BACKside 7/25 build, and I replaced the build.prop with one from a previous installation in order to get Swype working. The build.prop has been sitting on my SD card for a couple weeks, so I'm not completely certain where it came from--but I wanna say it was from one of the ath3nos builds, before Jerry started the BACKside distro of IHO. Anyway, installing OTA from the web still works for me. I just successfully installed Fruit Ninja.

However, rather than listing the phone as "LGE VM670"--as it has on aospCM7, ath3nos, and BACKside up to this point--the Market website now lists it as "Mid-Tex Cellular LGE VM670." That's the same name given on the stock ROM. Don't know what that means, but it could be relevant.

This build.prop that I'm using is the same one I've used in all previous builds of BACKside, so the phone identification change either is not related to build.prop or reflects a change on Google's end.

Edit: I'll post my build.prop later.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
comparing Jerrys build prop to the latest ath3nos build prop there is only minor differences and a couple spelling errors :p.

Ill see if I can find a asop build prop and compare the three of them and report back.