Page 14 of 241 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 6003
Like Tree522Likes
  1. #326  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    I'm not sure if this will help anyone using this rom but I can confirm that using the swype restore method on [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 and changing the following lines in the build.prop shows your phone as Mid-Tex Cellular LGE VM670 on the market and allowed me to install from the web.

    ro.product.model=LG-VM670
    ro.product.brand=virgin_mobile

    to:

    ro.product.model=VM670
    ro.product.brand=VirginMobile

    These where the links I used to do the swype restore:

    notown likes this.
  2. #327  
    Kreatur3's Avatar

    Posts
    663 Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    About a week ago my phone was showing as the Mid-Tex Cellular on the market website and wasn't sure why. It hadn't done that before. Now it shows my phone without it again.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
  3. #328  
    KemikalElite's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    ROM
    CM9 KANG

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cr42ydude View Post
    that happened to me after i flashed the fix from jerryscript for web based market so i reflashed without it and it works..
    So maybe it's related to the build prop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
    About a week ago my phone was showing as the Mid-Tex Cellular on the market website and wasn't sure why. It hadn't done that before. Now it shows my phone without it again.
    Same for me. Well at least it's not as bad as virgin mobile lol.


    Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
  4. #329  
    Whyzor's Avatar

    Posts
    406 Posts
    ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    I'm seeing quite a few kernel updates in the github source, is a new build coming out soon?
  5. #330  
    JerryScript's Avatar
    Daydream Believer

    Posts
    2,058 Posts
    ROM
    Victorious

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Testing now...Posting a new build in a few minutes, but the commits you see won't be in this one. Blarf is getting the r2 version of his kernel ready. This should have most of the USB issues worked out now, and some new stuff from CM source, and fixed build.prop entries for the market web installer.
  6. #331  
    drezliok's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    Testing now...Posting a new build in a few minutes, but the commits you see won't be in this one. Blarf is getting the r2 version of his kernel ready. This should have most of the USB issues worked out now, and some new stuff from CM source, and fixed build.prop entries for the market web installer.
    So we won't see any of the performance tweaks?
  7. #332  
    JerryScript's Avatar
    Daydream Believer

    Posts
    2,058 Posts
    ROM
    Victorious

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    I believe Blarf tuned the smartass governor before I synced, but I'm not certain what else, so yes and no.
  8. #333  
    drezliok's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    I believe Blarf tuned the smartass governor before I synced, but I'm not certain what else, so yes and no.
    Drat?

    I just want to type at my top speed with out having to wait for the keyboard to catch up.

    I'll test it in the morning.

    Thank-you for your hard work and Blarf's
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #334  
    blarf's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    Drat?

    I just want to type at my top speed with out having to wait for the keyboard to catch up.

    I'll test it in the morning.

    Thank-you for your hard work and Blarf's
    r2 isn't happening for a while. I'm just playing around with some stuff. The changes to smartass I committed today are in r1 kernels. I just never got around to committing them. What keyboard are you using, what governor, what app(s), and what speeds are you using where you've got to wait for the keyboard to catch up constantly?

    Honestly, don't expect miracles from r2.

    What I will do soon is patch the phone app so per-contact ringtones and blacklist work. There's been a patch floating around for a while, but the CM committer who wrote it is taking his sweet time merging it back...
  10. #335  
    JerryScript's Avatar
    Daydream Believer

    Posts
    2,058 Posts
    ROM
    Victorious

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    07272011 build is up on the first page. Andriod Market web interface installs work now.

    Thanks as always Blarf!
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #336  
    blarf's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    07272011 build is up on the first page. Andriod Market web interface installs work now.

    Thanks as always Blarf!
    I think that's the /only/ change to make it in there. I don't want to patch the phone app because I've no other changes planned for it (so I don't want to go back and forth on the repo). That said, if you want to apply this patch:



    You'll have working custom ringtones etc.
    Thanked by:
  12. #337  
    drezliok's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    r2 isn't happening for a while. I'm just playing around with some stuff. The changes to smartass I committed today are in r1 kernels. I just never got around to committing them. What keyboard are you using, what governor, what app(s), and what speeds are you using where you've got to wait for the keyboard to catch up constantly?

    Honestly, don't expect miracles from r2.

    What I will do soon is patch the phone app so per-contact ringtones and blacklist work. There's been a patch floating around for a while, but the CM committer who wrote it is taking his sweet time merging it back...
    It happens in all my apps.
    480min/768max
    And I use the stock keyboard.

    I am downloading the new build now.
  13. #338  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    just installed 7/27 over 7/25 and lost all my apps. wtf? market isn't even installed. wiped cache/davlik before flashing. guess ill wipe and start over again
  14. #339  
    Eollie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay83 View Post
    just installed 7/27 over 7/25 and lost all my apps. wtf? market isn't even installed. wiped cache/davlik before flashing. guess ill wipe and start over again
    I spent the better part of three hours getting this update installed...
    Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

    If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!
  15. #340  
    Whyzor's Avatar

    Posts
    406 Posts
    ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    Honestly, don't expect miracles from r2.
    I see about 57 updates to the kernel as of now. Are these commits already in r1 kernel or are they new? I thought commits meant they're new changes going into the source tree and would be included in new builds that grabs from that point? Or is there a separate build process and the commits are just a formality?

    Last edited by Whyzor; 07-28-2011 at 11:31 AM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #341  
    blarf's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    It happens in all my apps.
    480min/768max
    And I use the stock keyboard.

    I am downloading the new build now.
    Which governor?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #342  
    blarf's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    I spent the better part of three hours getting this update installed...
    Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

    If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!
    What errors?
  18. #343  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    I spent the better part of three hours getting this update installed...
    Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

    If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!
    i think there was a problem with link2sd. the update must have broken all my links or something. my sd-ext was empty
  19. #344  
    yogi4's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    BobZhome - IHO

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    I spent the better part of three hours getting this update installed...
    Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

    If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!
    I flashed the new version and no problems (knock on wood). All apps are still there. My 4 gig class 4 sd card arrived broke so I don't have to do the Data2ext thing... yet. Still using the stock 2 gig and running out of room fast. Already deleted 2 backups to make room. Experimenting with the Smartass governor, so far so good.
    Last edited by yogi4; 07-28-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Spell check
  20. #345  
    drezliok's Avatar

    Posts
    450 Posts
    ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    Which governor?
    On demand and interactive.

    I tried the SA governor and I don't like it. This build seems faster but its hard to say I switched to Bumblebee Rom for the last 2 builds.
    Last edited by drezliok; 07-28-2011 at 03:48 PM.
  21. #346  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    My battery life is horrific with this ROM, 20% in 30 minutes. got Setcpu with screen off prifile at 122-245 and normal at 122-600, charging is even really slow. I really love this rom, but im going to go back to bumblebee until the battery life gets better, I understand its a problem with basically all the cyanmod roms
  22. #347  
    Whyzor's Avatar

    Posts
    406 Posts
    ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Doggydude View Post
    My battery life is horrific with this ROM, 20% in 30 minutes. got Setcpu with screen off prifile at 122-245 and normal at 122-600, charging is even really slow. I really love this rom, but im going to go back to bumblebee until the battery life gets better, I understand its a problem with basically all the cyanmod roms
    There must be something wrong with your install. Charging is even faster than Froyo ROMs since the 0725 build. This ROM has very good battery life. If you turn off Wifi, GPS, BT, 3G data, and have minimum number of app services running, it uses less than 1%/hour idling. So likely there's a misbehaving app (go into settings - About phone - battery use - graph to see what kind of activity drains it faster). Make sure to use clockworkmod recovery to wipe, because it was designed for Optimus V instead of S. And don't restore apps from previous 2.2 ROMs.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #348  
    blarf's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Doggydude View Post
    My battery life is horrific with this ROM, 20% in 30 minutes. got Setcpu with screen off prifile at 122-245 and normal at 122-600, charging is even really slow. I really love this rom, but im going to go back to bumblebee until the battery life gets better, I understand its a problem with basically all the cyanmod roms
    Make sure you've got the right build, I hadn't updated the OP until just now. If you don't have a build from the 27th or 25th, I would expect charging problems. I also don't particularly see the use of using SetCPU with CM7, but that's me. You won't see much, if any, battery savings at 122MHz and your phone will be too slow to respond to incoming calls and some keyboard inputs when it's sleeping. The defaults (ondemand @ 245-600) will let the phone mostly sleep at 245MHz.

    Unless you've actually gone through and done a full wipe I wouldn't know where to start debugging such a blatant problem with battery usage. I see 1-3% per hour usage depending.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #349  
    blarf's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    On demand and interactive.

    I tried the SA governor and I don't like it. This build seems faster but its hard to say I switched to Bumblebee Rom for the last 2 builds.
    SA still needs to be dialed in.
  25. #350  
    Eollie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

    Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    What errors?
    I didnt think to run logcat so the exact errors I cant give you. Sorry.
    It was causing everything to force close. I could not get into the phone to do anything.

    I know it was data2ext zip not cooperating because initially I forgot to flash it after the rom. I rebooted flashed it and that is when the problems started. I rebooted recovery wipe cache and dalvik and reflashed. Then booted into the phone, ran the commands and rebooted into recovery and flashed the zip. No problems after that other then my own goofs. Titanium backup didnt restore like 10 app but that has been happening for a while no so I think its just a batch restore flaw.

    I can backup and try to recreate the issue and run logcat if you want me too.
Page 14 of 241 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B