[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
i'm having this wifi issue where it will say my router will be out of range. i've tried turning off/on wifi, forgetting the network and scanning, and turning on airplane mode. only rebooting will fix the problem

harukay

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a new optimus v and installed this rom. Really nice rom, runs really smooth and stable at 864. I want to test my phone if it can go faster. Can you make a kernel version with higher clock speeds?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just tried sending an MMS Picture Message and it's been stuck on sending for the past hour. My APNs are set correctly and enabled.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I just tried sending an MMS Picture Message and it's been stuck on sending for the past hour. My APNs are set correctly and enabled.

that happened to me after i flashed the fix from jerryscript for web based market so i reflashed without it and it works..

sfx333

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will help anyone using this rom but I can confirm that using the swype restore method on [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 and changing the following lines in the build.prop shows your phone as Mid-Tex Cellular LGE VM670 on the market and allowed me to install from the web.

ro.product.model=LG-VM670
ro.product.brand=virgin_mobile

to:

ro.product.model=VM670
ro.product.brand=VirginMobile

These where the links I used to do the swype restore:
Fix Swype with custom ROM (Aospc in particular) - xda-developers
[GUIDE] 11/22/2010 - Restore Swype after upgrading to CyanogenMod - xda-developers

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
About a week ago my phone was showing as the Mid-Tex Cellular on the market website and wasn't sure why. It hadn't done that before. Now it shows my phone without it again.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
that happened to me after i flashed the fix from jerryscript for web based market so i reflashed without it and it works..

So maybe it's related to the build prop?

About a week ago my phone was showing as the Mid-Tex Cellular on the market website and wasn't sure why. It hadn't done that before. Now it shows my phone without it again.

Same for me. Well at least it's not as bad as virgin mobile lol.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Testing now...Posting a new build in a few minutes, but the commits you see won't be in this one. Blarf is getting the r2 version of his kernel ready. This should have most of the USB issues worked out now, and some new stuff from CM source, and fixed build.prop entries for the market web installer.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Testing now...Posting a new build in a few minutes, but the commits you see won't be in this one. Blarf is getting the r2 version of his kernel ready. This should have most of the USB issues worked out now, and some new stuff from CM source, and fixed build.prop entries for the market web installer.

So we won't see any of the performance tweaks?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe Blarf tuned the smartass governor before I synced, but I'm not certain what else, so yes and no. ;)

Drat?

I just want to type at my top speed with out having to wait for the keyboard to catch up.

I'll test it in the morning.

Thank-you for your hard work and Blarf's

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Drat?

I just want to type at my top speed with out having to wait for the keyboard to catch up.

I'll test it in the morning.

Thank-you for your hard work and Blarf's

r2 isn't happening for a while. I'm just playing around with some stuff. The changes to smartass I committed today are in r1 kernels. I just never got around to committing them. What keyboard are you using, what governor, what app(s), and what speeds are you using where you've got to wait for the keyboard to catch up constantly?

Honestly, don't expect miracles from r2.

What I will do soon is patch the phone app so per-contact ringtones and blacklist work. There's been a patch floating around for a while, but the CM committer who wrote it is taking his sweet time merging it back...

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
07272011 build is up on the first page. Andriod Market web interface installs work now.

Thanks as always Blarf!

I think that's the /only/ change to make it in there. I don't want to patch the phone app because I've no other changes planned for it (so I don't want to go back and forth on the repo). That said, if you want to apply this patch:

https://github.com/CyanogenDefy/and...mmit/809df8af76ab66393724450b3d6af1e3004490c1

You'll have working custom ringtones etc.

Reactions: arhtard

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
r2 isn't happening for a while. I'm just playing around with some stuff. The changes to smartass I committed today are in r1 kernels. I just never got around to committing them. What keyboard are you using, what governor, what app(s), and what speeds are you using where you've got to wait for the keyboard to catch up constantly?

Honestly, don't expect miracles from r2.

What I will do soon is patch the phone app so per-contact ringtones and blacklist work. There's been a patch floating around for a while, but the CM committer who wrote it is taking his sweet time merging it back...

It happens in all my apps.
480min/768max
And I use the stock keyboard.

I am downloading the new build now.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
just installed 7/27 over 7/25 and lost all my apps. wtf? market isn't even installed. wiped cache/davlik before flashing. guess ill wipe and start over again

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
just installed 7/27 over 7/25 and lost all my apps. wtf? market isn't even installed. wiped cache/davlik before flashing. guess ill wipe and start over again

I spent the better part of three hours getting this update installed...
Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Last edited: