Page 222 of 241 FirstFirst ... 219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6003
Like Tree522Likes

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Schlidel View Post
    Mrg666 are there any other possibilities for differences leaking through, causing audio problems?

I swear I notice a slight persistent stuttering even though the audio quality is vastly improved and usable vs. first iteration fix. It's a stuttering I've never heard before and I consistently hear it with the fix applied vs. not. (most noticeable during ringing)

I've flashed clean rom, made test calls and notice only normal occasional audio glitches probably from cell signal quality. I apply the fix and notice a distinctly different slight stuttering sound. Reversible by reflashing rom without applying fix. (I went through several cycles of that)

Of course, placebo and egg on my face is a possibility since its so slight a difference. I'm about to do a side by side with both our OVs connected to the head unit, tomorrow.

Anyway, it is definitely usable I'd just hate to see people have slightly degraded phone audio for the sake of our unique bt addresses (if I'm not imagining it, since I'm listening to it so "hard").

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    That is 100% placebo. There can't be any difference in sound quality. MAC number is just an ID, it just needs to be valid and does not effect the actual data transfer once there is a connection. Nothing else has been changed in the ROM other than the MAC address. I explained earlier that the previous sound problem was not related to the MAC change but the different parameters passed to the API which is fixed now.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    That is 100% placebo.
    You are 100% right. (of course) I just tried side by side and before I tried the fixed phone, I heard the exact sounds I was worried about on the control phone. (probably just normal virgin quality)

I know only changing the MAC wouldn't affect sound quality, just wasn't sure if anything else was happening similar to first iteration fix.(never know, even though you knew)

Thanks again!

Edit: Does anyone know why the Bluetooth voice dialer wont remember volume levels. It's turned all the way down to silence and when I turn it up it resets itself the next time I use voice dialer. Basically, I can't use bt voice dialer.

Exact same problem as but it defaults to zero, normally it defaults to about half or so (still annoying) like in that guys post from another forum.

Last edited by Schlidel; 05-18-2012 at 09:24 AM.

The Bluetooth voice dial auto volume adjust problem is in the .apk.

Some kind of formula baked in.

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

The Bluetooth voice dial auto volume adjust problem is in the .apk.

Some kind of formula baked in.

Do you want to try the following patch? I have modified the Voice Dialer for you. It should not set the volume anymore. But it can be too loud now.

Edit: There was a problem. I will fix and upload again.
    Last edited by mrg666; 05-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Thanked by:

Do you want to try the following patch? I have modified the Voice Dialer for you. It should not set the volume anymore. But it can be too loud now.
    I'll test as soon as I get in the car again. Downloading/flashing now. Thanks!

ROM
    Changes Daily

Just fyi.. Mrg666's bluetooth patch seems to work fine in backside. Thx mrg666 :-)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I tried in the car and it worked better for me as well. The comments in the code claim the sound is too loud without limiting the volume but it seems not to be the case for OV. I have added my simple modification to my previous post, in case anybody else wants to use it.
    Last edited by mrg666; 05-18-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    Thanked by:

I tried in the car and it worked better for me as well. The comments in the code claim the sound is too loud without limiting the volume but it seems not to be the case for OV. I have added my simple modification to my previous post, in case anybody else wants to use it.
    What is the expected volume behavior? Can we just set it and it'll remember?

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Damn, this little phone just WORKS! It may not be the hottest or fastest Android device on the market, but after 15 months, it's better than ever. And it's all thanks to IHO. Bless you all!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

What is the expected volume behavior? Can we just set it and it'll remember?

That is what I would expect but you are the bluetooth expert. Have you tested it?

That is what I would expect but you are the bluetooth expert. Have you tested it?
    I just tested it (sorry would have tested sooner if possible) and its exhibiting the same behavior.

Voice Dialer 2.3.7 still turns itself down. I flashed the edited .apk again just to make sure. Same.

Really appreciate this mrg666.

Last edited by Schlidel; 05-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I just tested it (sorry would have tested sooner if possible) and its exhibiting the same behavior.

Voice Dialer 2.3.7 still turns itself down. I flashed the edited .apk again just to make sure. Same.

Really appreciate this mrg666.

My sloppiness. I did not do it properly. There was more code to take care and it could have force closed since I forced the app to use an uninitialized variable with my previous changes. I will upload next and hopefully final iteration soon.

Edit:
    Here you go. I have tested this one myself and it works for sure. The blueooth volume setting is not changing after using the voice dialer. You can download at the link below. My only concern is the sound distortion warning in the comments. Can you please do a little more testing to make sure sound distortion does not become a problem? That would be a great help.

And the code changes are again below.
    Code:
    --- packages/apps/VoiceDialer/src/com/android/voicedialer/BluetoothVoiceDialerActivity.java.old	2011-11-04 13:21:10.131444353 -0400
    +++ packages/apps/VoiceDialer/src/com/android/voicedialer/BluetoothVoiceDialerActivity.java	2012-05-18 20:27:04.521733235 -0400
    @@ -167,7 +167,6 @@
         private boolean mWaitingForScoConnection;
         private Intent[] mAvailableChoices;
         private Intent mChosenAction;
    -    private int mBluetoothVoiceVolume;
         private int mState;
         private AlertDialog mAlertDialog;
         private Runnable mFallbackRunnable;
    @@ -316,17 +315,6 @@
                 mWaitingForTts = false;

mTts.setOnUtteranceCompletedListener(new OnUtteranceCompletedListener());
    -            // TTS over bluetooth will distort if set too loud, so we will
    -            // store the current volume away, and then turn it down.
    -            // We will restore it in onStop.
    -            // Limit volume to roughly 75% of the max volume level for STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO
    -            mBluetoothVoiceVolume = mAudioManager.getStreamVolume(
    -                    AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO);
    -            int maxVolume = mAudioManager.getStreamMaxVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO);
    -            int volume = (int) (maxVolume / 1.3);
    -            if (mBluetoothVoiceVolume > volume) {
    -                mAudioManager.setStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO, volume, 0);
    -            }

if (mWaitingForScoConnection) {
                     // the bluetooth connection is not up yet, still waiting.
    @@ -879,9 +867,6 @@
                 mAlertDialog.dismiss();
             }

-        // set the volume back to the level it was before we started.
    -        mAudioManager.setStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO,
    -                                      mBluetoothVoiceVolume, 0);
             mAudioManager.abandonAudioFocus(null);

// shut down bluetooth, if it exists
    Last edited by mrg666; 05-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Schlidel likes this.

Edit:
    Here you go. I have tested this one myself and it works for sure. The blueooth volume setting is not changing after using the voice dialer. You can download at the link below. My only concern is the sound distortion warning in the comments. Can you please do a little more testing to make sure sound distortion does not become a problem? That would be a great help.
    Thanks. Yes, I will do further testing for volume distortion issues.

Edit: It works, the volume sticks now. The volume level is now whatever the Bluetooth in call volume is set to.

I have an app called A2DP Volume which ramps up Bluetooth in call volume when Bluetooth connects so this works beautifully.

As for distortion, I hear none. That's with volume ramped all the way up. It may be startling to someone in some scenario, but they shouldn't be surprised since its set to the same as Bluetooth call volume. Actually, it'll be consistent now so surprises should be less/cease.

Anyway, I love it, and I'll continue to test as I use it. Thanks a ton!

Last edited by Schlidel; 05-18-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the . It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with overall performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes .

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

Last edited by mrg666; 05-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the . It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes .

Just flashed and am running it now on backside

Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Just flashed and am running it now on backside

Thank you for testing. I have just updated the package to enable the OBEX FTP protocol on the server side.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Thank you for testing. I have just updated the package to enable the OBEX FTP protocol on the server side.
    Not sure I can be a huge help all I mainly use bt for is file transfer with my wife's cm7 ov

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Not sure I can be a huge help all I mainly use bt for is file transfer with my wife's cm7 ov

You can still give feedback about the updated android drivers. Are there any problems?

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the . It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with overall performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes .

Yes, sir, just say the word. Downloading now, will let you know!

Edit: Not quite, it appears. Mediafire says invalid or deleted file. Maybe you're updating now. MD5 would be nice...

Edit 2: download worked now, got the file.
    Last edited by Dannemand; 05-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    Bobz JB

I noticed that I get a Wi-Fi error with this kernel. Running iwconfig in the terminal shows no wireless extensions.

How in the hell do you disable the transparent statusbar? It's extremely annoying, and the only reason I don't use this ROM.

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWT View Post
    I noticed that I get a Wi-Fi error with this kernel. Running iwconfig in the terminal shows no wireless extensions.
    The wireless module is included. Wifi and iwconfig works here. What is that WiFi error?

ROM
    Changes Daily

The wireless module is included. Wifi and iwconfig works here. What is that WiFi error?
    I don't have any wifi issues here...

Edit: actually I'm not seeing any issues at all yet...

Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

@mrg666: Unable to reproduce any problems so far. Tested the following:

1) Camera, Camcorder, Gallery (pics and video).

2) Wifi and 3G toggle, connecting and transmitting on both. Forgetting and re-connecting to my WiFi.

3) SMS and MMS to my VM number and my Google Voice number (forwarding to my VM number). Sending and receiving fine. MMS turns on 3G as it should, both sending and receiving.

4) Wi-fi Hotspot (just to test it, of course ) Required me to initiate data transfer on phone (eg Browser) before PC will connect, after that it works fine.

5) Bluetooth headset, outgoing & incoming calls, volume up/down (it does remember volume).

6) Bluetooth car (phone): outgoing calls, off/on hook, volume up/down.

7) Bluetooth car A2DP music playback: Google Music, Pandora, volume up/down, next track, change between music sources.

8) CPU Spy - no hesitation entering deep sleep.

9) GPS & Google Maps: toggling on/off, locking onto satellites, moving around a bit.

10) Various apps: Play Store, Browser, Gmail, Voice Search, Tapatalk, AVSforum, QuotePro, Amazon.

11) Rotation/accelerometer: Menus, Browser. NOTE: Could not disable Auto-rotation -- neither in menu nor in Notification Power Widget. Once rebooted, problem gone; now toggles all right. Don't know if even related to the kernel.

12) OC 480-768, SmartassV2: Monopoly game (normally a good test on my phone). 3D graphics and rendering is smooth.

Seriously, except for that one glitch with auto-rotation, I was unable to reproduce any problems (and it may not have had anything to do with the kernel, and it's gone now). I did notice the comment about WiFi, but I didn't see that.

I wiped cache and dalvik before flashing this. Also, I always disable OC before booting recovery to flash new stuff, so that on first boot it rebuilds everything without OC. All of the above (up until step 12) was on default 600 Mhz.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Windows446 View Post
    How in the hell do you disable the transparent statusbar? It's extremely annoying, and the only reason I don't use this ROM.
    go into settings,cyanogenmod settings,interface,status bar tweaks and select rom uot for the status bar,then restart the status bar. yes its annoying...even if you make a theme with 50% transparency,it still becomes 100% transparent.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM+Kernel]  Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1-uploadfromtaptalk1337546821691.jpg