Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 237238239240241 LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6003
Like Tree522Likes

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by topdawg661 View Post
    Idk if this is bad but I flashed backside and mrg kernal for mirage? It seems faster.

My customized tapatalk signature
    Mrgs kernel is a gingerbread kernel so your all good

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Mirage CM 7.2 (On OV)

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Thanks Jerry! I've been putting off whether or not to root and install a rom like cm7 (I can't afford to buy another smartphone!), but after weeks of research on this and other forums, I went ahead and did it, and am now EXTREMELY HAPPY with my phone! Thanks to everyone for making this possible!

ROM
    MiRaGe

Is this still under development? I need to update the ROM thread ...

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by ilikechicken123 View Post
    Is this still under development? I need to update the ROM thread ...
    go back a page and read all of the post. this was never a rom in itself, just a thread for devs to host their roms based on the IHO source here.. github.com/inferiorhumanorgans
    Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by 2:
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

jerrys BACKside rom debuted on post#3... he never actually made a thread for it itself... so naturally the iho thread became home to the BACKside users... i pmd jerry a few days ago asking for permission to make a new thread, offer up his and my modded version, added themes, etc... but i dont think hell ever respond, and i dont think theres really more than a handfull of us that still prefer to use it... so im not holding my breath... but it is a rather exciting idea... :-)

ROM
    MiRaGe

Oh... so that's what the first post was about. I never understood it but I see now.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    jerrys BACKside rom debuted on post#3... he never actually made a thread for it itself... so naturally the iho thread became home to the BACKside users... i pmd jerry a few days ago asking for permission to make a new thread, offer up his and my modded version, added themes, etc... but i dont think hell ever respond, and i dont think theres really more than a handfull of us that still prefer to use it... so im not holding my breath... but it is a rather exciting idea... :-)
    Bobzhome uses this thread too, when he updates.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Hi guys,

Very new to the scene but it's quite exciting to see all this. I successfully rooted and flash this particular ROM. Now my question is, I'm not a fan of the green theme, UI, pop-ups, etc. How can I go about changing that, given that there are no options to do so?

Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If the ROM includes Theme Chooser, you can install CM7 themes from the market, or there are some guys making themes in our forum. If it doesn't have that (not sure myself, never ran Backside), you could switch to another CM7 variant, such as Harmonia or MiRaGe.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    If the ROM includes Theme Chooser, you can install CM7 themes from the market, or there are some guys making themes in our forum. If it doesn't have that (not sure myself, never ran Backside), you could switch to another CM7 variant, such as Harmonia or MiRaGe.
    All cm7 roms have theme engine built in as far as I know. It would take a lot of the fun out of cm7 if it didn't . The only on the might not have it is harmonia, but I've never extensively ran it. May do that tonight.

Guess whos coming back!
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Quote Originally Posted by cakalusa View Post
    Hi guys,

Very new to the scene but it's quite exciting to see all this. I successfully rooted and flash this particular ROM. Now my question is, I'm not a fan of the green theme, UI, pop-ups, etc. How can I go about changing that, given that there are no options to do so?
    Thanks!
    just dont flash the green machine theme...

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    just dont flash the green machine theme...
    I think he is talking about GB in general. Its green by default. just go and download a theme of your favorite color off of the play store
    Guess whos coming back!
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Om-Mandylion does not include ThemeChooser and ThemeManager by default, but you can download it off the OM-Mandylion thread or

The zip installs both ThemeChooser and ThemeManager.apk, but does not install any theme apk's and well work with any IHO based ROM.\

Edit: Turns out the the updater-script for the ThemeChooser_Manager.zip had problems.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 08-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Hey does anyone know what too make of the ics roms are any of them completly working. Ive tried bobzhome and quattrimus and both have promblems. Does anyone know of any that are just as stable as the cm7 roms?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

The most stable and functional CM9 rom is Cold As Ice in the OptiS forum, which has Virgin support for his Alpha18 release. I thoroughly suggest giving it a try.
    upconvert and johnh02 like this.

Hi, I've had Jerry's May 5, 2012 rom installed on my Optimus V since May and would just like to comment on a few things about it. Mostly everything else works great except for some little quirks with Google Navigation. First, it seems that even if the phone is connected to a car charger; Google Navigation still drains the phone battery. I've done a 4 hour drive and my 3500mah extended battery is drained while plugged into the car charger. If I close the app, the phone charges normally. Is this the rom, a setting that needs tweaking, or is it a problem with the Optimus V in general? Also, sometimes when I'm driving and using Google Navigation the phone would just reboot. It reboots while I'm using it and sometimes just when I start it. Well, that's about it. I'm getting a new phone soon but just wanted to report the little quirks I was having before I put my Optimus V away. Hopefully, the Evo V 4G will have all of the working features that I want out of a new phone.
    Thanked by:
    dlinderaz likes this.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by foxchild View Post
    Hi, I've had Jerry's May 5, 2012 rom installed on my Optimus V since May and would just like to comment on a few things about it. Mostly everything else works great except for some little quirks with Google Navigation. First, it seems that even if the phone is connected to a car charger; Google Navigation still drains the phone battery. I've done a 4 hour drive and my 3500mah extended battery is drained while plugged into the car charger. If I close the app, the phone charges normally. Is this the rom, a setting that needs tweaking, or is it a problem with the Optimus V in general? Also, sometimes when I'm driving and using Google Navigation the phone would just reboot. It reboots while I'm using it and sometimes just when I start it. Well, that's about it. I'm getting a new phone soon but just wanted to report the little quirks I was having before I put my Optimus V away. Hopefully, the Evo V 4G will have all of the working features that I want out of a new phone.
    Try updating the kernel with one that has USB FastCharge built in, you well also nee to use Enzomatrx FastCharge Widget.1.3.apk . Both jawz101 kernel and my OM-Mandylion kernel have USB FastCharge built in.

followed your directions. after the reboot it gets to the android guy mooning me, and just hangs their for what seems like forevor, about two minutes now.

is this normal? or am i going to have to restore to stock rom?

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Code Putnam View Post
    followed your directions. after the reboot it gets to the android guy mooning me, and just hangs their for what seems like forevor, about two minutes now.

is this normal? or am i going to have to restore to stock rom?
    What are you referring to, this thread is kind of packed so knowing what some posts are talking about is hard.

i tried installing the backside IHO from the third post, i followed these directions

---Installing from another ROM

1) Backup your apps with something like TitaniumBackup or MyBackup

2) Download the BACKside ROM zip file, the gapps zip file, and optional GreenMachineTheme zip file linked below and place them on your sdcard

3) Boot into recovery

4) Make a backup (ALWAYS RECOMMENDED!)

5) Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache

6) Under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache (only recommended when coming from a different ROM)

7) Flash the BACKside ROM zip file

8) Flash the gapps zip file

9) [Optional] Flash the GreenMachine-UOT zip file for the Green Machine Theme

10) Reboot your phone

11) Restore apps, but DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPS!!!

12) Enjoy yummy gingerbread and the CyanogenMod goodies

from the third post, it will display the LG logo, then the IHO logo, then a Green android dude mooning me, and it just sits their forevor.

please take note i am VERY new to this, i just rooted two days ago, and finnally got CWM working yestarday.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Hi.
    First back-up as you did...
    Then, you must perform a FULL wipe/Factory reset via Recovery to this new ROM.
    This is what will format the system and boot images, in effect, clean for a new install. However, depending on the menu, you may still need to navigate to those options to perform these steps.
    CMR (clockworkModRecovery) is totally fine to use to flash this ROM..don't need to use any TouchRecovery at this point..Just to get you situated at this point.
    Also, as I've learned, verify that the ROM size advertised download MB matches what you ACTUALLY have in you download folder...if a mis-match then it is a bad or incomplete download and you don't wanna flash that!
    Good luck
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Sometimes it's better not to flash the theme until after you have rebooted the new ROM a couple of times.
    Try checking the MD5 sum of the downloaded ROM to make sure it didn't get corrupted. The easiest utility to use is "MD5 Check Utility"
    Can't remember where I got it from, but it checks and also generates an MD5 sum.
    I might have gotten it from CNET, but not sure.

Copy the MD5 sum then follow the directions in the "read me" txt.

If everything checks out ok then wipe and format everything again and just flash the ROM and Gapps.

Note: The 01312012 build of the BACKside ROM is the most stable. If you want, I can link you to it.

Another really good stable ROM is the latest MiRaGe ROM

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

You need to install the Theme after one or two reboots, the reason is the framework-res and SystemUI apps are signed with a different key and this mismatch well cause boot failure.
    Thanked by:

i got it to work, thanks guys alot of help.

umm but now my home button does nothing?
    and its really unstable, sometimes when i reboot theirs no status bar, and hitting restart status bar doesnt work.
    and it wont let me enable a lock screen.

oh, and the google play store constantly says no connection, and the updater for the backside rom dosent.

i guess this is why its a work in progress?
    Last edited by Code Putnam; 01-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

ROM
    BobZHome-

6000th poster

Sent from the great beyond....