Page 4 of 241 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree522Likes

ROM
    MIUI

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    It was user error, I uploaded the right framework and system ui, I made my theme, but when I went to move it to my phone I accidently moved the one I made for ath3nos instead of the one I made for this rom, so ignore my glitches I reported, I just had a severe case of the stupids
    Right on. Glad it is working for you now. Just finished a new backup for Ath3nos so about to flash this latest piece of art and see how it works for me. Removed what i consider bloat and got my flash file down to 57 mb. Now to see how much space I have after flashing.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!

ROM
    MIUI

Still can't get link2sd to work with my ext3 partition. Same error as before.
    Yes I did a full wipe and fresh install of the rom. Weird.

Going to do another fresh install with a full rom install instead of the one I butcher.
    Shouldn't make a difference but worth trying anyway.
    Last edited by Kreatur3; 07-21-2011 at 11:21 AM.

ROM
    BobZhome - IHO

Kreatur3, Through weeks of reading, I've noticed that if people have a problem with something not working, they find rebooting 2 even 3 times works for them. Maybe give it a go?? Just my 2 cents.
    Downloading latest build now. Will test when installed.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by yogi4 View Post
    Kreatur3, Through weeks of reading, I've noticed that if people have a problem with something not working, they find rebooting 2 even 3 times works for them. Maybe give it a go?? Just my 2 cents.
    Yup, tried that too. I screw up enough of these with fidgeting around with the flash file that I get used to all the basic troubleshooting lol. Thanks for advice though, fast responses to issues are always appreciated even if it doesn't necessarily help me it might help someone else.

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Great stuff gentlemen!! Just downloaded and setting up now. Noticed two things, fm radio and the old market. Both of them I thought had been removed or changed. Followed instruction to a tee, enen added bb wiper as added step. Just trying to help out.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by nascar2428 View Post
    Great stuff gentlemen!! Just downloaded and setting up now. Noticed two things, fm radio and the old market. Both of them I thought had been removed or changed. Followed instruction to a tee, enen added bb wiper as added step. Just trying to help out.
    In the settings what kernel version does it show you?

ROM
    BobZhome - IHO

Quick question...
    When updating this rom to the 7/21/11 build, (never upgraded, just fresh installed everything) Is it best to start clean (format) or just wipe the cache/dalvik?
    Kreatur3, like I said that was my 2 cents... I didn't say it was worth 2 cents.

ROM
    MIUI

Quick question...
    When updating this rom to the 7/21/11 build, (never upgraded, just fresh installed everything) Is it best to start clean (format) or just wipe the cache/dalvik?
    Kreatur3, like I said that was my 2 cents... I didn't say it was worth 2 cents.
    It was worth 2 cents, just not 3 LOL. Kidding I always appreciate input even if it doesn't help me in particular.

On subject I always do a fresh install especially when it is something new like these builds coming out.
    It's harder for me to troubleshoot where my issues are coming from if I just upgrade from a previous build.

ROM
    BobZhome - IHO

Understood. Even with titanium backup, I hate sitting there reinstalling my apps. With testing like this... it's best to have everything running to see if there's any bugs. Of course you already knew that. Thanks for the input. Gonna flash it now.

ROM
    MIUI

WOW! Weird issue lol. Flashed the new rom installer I didn't mess with. Logged in and everything looked correct except I noticed that my wallpaper was one I was using previous to flashing even my edited one...3 flashes ago. Then added my account and went into market and it was downloading all of my apps i had installed before. Re flashing I just thought that was like...twilight zone stuff.

Nvm, it was that stupid google restore crap. I had never seen it work before so didn't understand what was going on at first.
    Link2sd isn't working, cant locate the ext partition so back to Ath3nos until there is a remedy for this.
    Last edited by Kreatur3; 07-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
    In the settings what kernel version does it show you?
    2.6.32.9IHO zim@foodcourtia#49
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MIUI

2.6.32.9IHO zim@foodcourtia#49
    Weird so either something is still wrong with the ext support in the kernel or my multiple downloads of it were all corrupt in the same exact way. Can you try link2sd? Just curious if it is just me, unless of course you don't normally use it then I'll wait for someone else to post their issue.
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

I only removed stuff from the first build, the next two builds are pretty much clean syncs with IHO source to be sure I don't inadvertently bork any of Blarf's changes.

The market is loaded from the gapps file which has not been changed for months, once you sign it, the market updates automatically.

Thanks for trying it out!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Weird so either something is still wrong with the ext support in the kernel or my multiple downloads of it were all corrupt in the same exact way. Can you try link2sd? Just curious if it is just me, unless of course you don't normally use it then I'll wait for someone else to post their issue.
    Never have used it, not sure of the benefit. Sorry

ROM
    MIUI

Never have used it, not sure of the benefit. Sorry
    Just gives you more space. You can link your apps, dalvik, and lib files to your sd card ext partition so they don't take up all your phone space. If you install more than a couple apps you hit your space limit and are stuck with no more room.

ROM
    BobZhome-01152012

Just gives you more space. You can link your apps, dalvik, and lib files to your sd card ext partition so they don't take up all your phone space. If you install more than a couple apps you hit your space limit and are stuck with no more room.
    I use ZD box and the appliction mover in Cyanogen settings. I have 54 apps on the card with 145mb of storage space left over. I know thats not alot of apps but it gets the job done plus it jus takes to long to restore. I got a feeling Rom development is going to be on the upswing I don't want to waste a whole lot of time checking them out. LOL
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  

ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

Link2sd isn't working, cant locate the ext partition so back to Ath3nos until there is a remedy for this.
    This is with kernel #49?

Which filesystem are you trying to use? Ext2, Ext4, FAT16/32 are the only ones included. Ext3fs is /not/ included.

ROM
    MIUI

I use ZD box and the appliction mover in Cyanogen settings. I have 54 apps on the card with 145mb of storage space left over. I know thats not alot of apps but it gets the job done plus it jus takes to long to restore. I got a feeling Rom development is going to be on the upswing I don't want to waste a whole lot of time checking them out. LOL
    Yeah I hear ya lol. There are plenty of ways to move apps to your sd card. I might give that a try, the cyan settings, as i have never done it. I was using link2sd before I had that option and have just always gone with it. I'm a creature of habit lol.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    This is with kernel #49?

Which filesystem are you trying to use? Ext2, Ext4, FAT16/32 are the only ones included. Ext3fs is /not/ included.
    That sucks xionia creates ext3 by default figured it would be included

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

ROM

That sucks xionia creates ext3 by default figured it would be included

Ext3 should be 100% backwards compatible with ext2 if you're trying to import an existing partition. If you're trying to create one, I'd just choose ext2. Ext3 merely adds journaling.

ROM
    MIUI

Ext3 should be 100% backwards compatible with ext2 if you're trying to import an existing partition. If you're trying to create one, I'd just choose ext2. Ext3 merely adds journaling.
    Xionia doesn't give you a choice at least not .6. Just surprised that ext3 is the only one not supported with it being the default one created. No biggie thanks for the info.

Android Ninja

ROM
    CM7/ICS

Quote Originally Posted by jralabate View Post
    Ok I got it to charge. this is wut i did...Removed battery for like 30 mins and that did not work but i held the power button till it booted into cm7 then released the pushed it again to turn off the screen and it worked
    Now my fone only changes when it wants to v-mo is sending me a new one so ill just put this back to stock.

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with ath3nos CM7
    Nexus S 4G
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7
    Kernel: Matr1x

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

ROM

Xionia doesn't give you a choice at least not .6. Just surprised that ext3 is the only one not supported with it being the default one created. No biggie thanks for the info.

Trying to keep the bloat down. Do you know if anything uses the POSIX ACLs or extended attributes? Any idea how popular ext4 is?

Ext2/4 added 500k to the size of the compressed kernel image. Ugh.

ROM
    MIUI

Trying to keep the bloat down. Do you know if anything uses the POSIX ACLs or extended attributes? Any idea how popular ext4 is?

Ext2/4 added 500k to the size of the compressed kernel image. Ugh.
    I don't know how popular ext4 is sorry. I only know that ext3 is probably used a decent amount since it's the type created by default. ext2 probably is popular too for those that use the thunder recovery and they get a choice. Not sure what the differences are I just use it because I don't have a choice and I'm not too worried about the space the journaling takes since I partition 1gb for that space anyway. I can look into using a different recovery to get a diff ext it's just that with xionia .4 it had trouble recognizing my ext partition even if I created it with that recovery and thunder just doesn't do it for me lol.

I know for some, or even a lot of, people that extra space makes an impact. Not sure how much it elongates the compiling procedures. I remove so much from the actual ROM before flashing it that the zip file is down to around 57mb when I'm done lol.
    Last edited by Kreatur3; 07-21-2011 at 03:11 PM.

so for whatever reason, this ROM/Kernel just doesn't get along with my phone. i've tried 3 complete wipes and installs, and i just have problems all the way from restoring my apps to constant force closes and freezing and reboots.

what's weird is that the ath3nos ROM makes my phone run better than ever.

i'm just curious as to why this could be. i'm glad taht ath3nos works so well, but i was really looking forward to a ROM with constant development. oh well, i'll try the next update.

thanks Blarf and Jerry, wish i had better results to share.
Page 4 of 241 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast