Page 5 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree522Likes

ROM
    MIUI

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

I really do want to give this a good shot as I can't go back to froyo...ever. Plus you guys are doing good work and actively developing it unlike our other options. No disrespect to those devs. I'll have to look at using a different recovery for a minute to change my ext partition to something else. I read somewhere there is also a program you can use to do it. I would be willing to do that if it works on Windows I just have to remember where I saw it referenced on this forum.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
    I don't know how popular ext4 is sorry. I only know that ext3 is probably used a decent amount since it's the type created by default. ext2 probably is popular too for those that use the thunder recovery and they get a choice. Not sure what the differences are I just use it because I don't have a choice and I'm not too worried about the space the journaling takes since I partition 1gb for that space anyway. I can look into using a different recovery to get a diff ext it's just that with xionia .4 it had trouble recognizing my ext partition even if I created it with that recovery and thunder just doesn't do it for me lol.

I know for some, or even a lot of, people that extra space makes an impact. Not sure how much it elongates the compiling procedures. I remove so much from the actual ROM before flashing it that the zip file is down to around 57mb when I'm done lol.
    Here's a kernel with ext3 included. I disabled all the extra features that are likely unused, and it only bumped up the size by a few kilobytes (ext2/3 are very similar, and ext4 probably accounts for most of the bloat).

Install this from your recovery. To verify that it worked (aside from your ext3 partition being usable) go to settings -> about phone. If you've got kernel #50, you should be good to go.

Edit: Looks like kernel #50 did the trick, it's been pushed to GitHub and will be picked up in the next build.
    Last edited by blarf; 07-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Kreatur3 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

ROM

I really do want to give this a good shot as I can't go back to froyo...ever. Plus you guys are doing good work and actively developing it unlike our other options. No disrespect to those devs. I'll have to look at using a different recovery for a minute to change my ext partition to something else. I read somewhere there is also a program you can use to do it. I would be willing to do that if it works on Windows I just have to remember where I saw it referenced on this forum.
    See above.

ROM
    MIUI

Yeah we posted about the same time lol. Noticed right away that post you made, downloaded the kernel and putting it all on my phone now. Will report back. Thanks a ton for such a quick fix to this issue that I am the only one to have reported so far and it wasn't even an issue with the rom/kernel itself as much as the way I do things.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by KemikalElite View Post
    Are the audio lib files broken or something? Because I'm getting a fatal error when building the audio files.

I think I'm getting audio hardware errors because I tried manually merging/extracting the frameworks/base from the CM repo because my network connection acts strange at night hours.

Every time I try to add a remote with git and I use the URL on the github repo page it always returns an error about it not being valid.
    Yeah, git is an exercise in stupidity. It's ****ing awful to use, and a really great way to shoot yourself in the foot. When it does work, it works pretty well.

So let's say you've forked and . Now your default.xml is pointing to YOUR android_device_lge_thunderc. But you want to pull in upstream changes.

I /think/ repo will just clobber your changes. So what I've been doing is actually maintaining a separate clone of the repository somewhere else. Find a new directory. Then clone YOUR repository like so:

git clone -b gingerbread ke_device_lge

Then add a remote:

git remote add IHO-upstream

This will add an upstream link to the IHO repository named IHO-upstream (you can change the name as desired). To pull in all of the changes and hope for the best run:

git pull IHO-upstream gingerbread

This will pull in only the gingerbread branch changes. If you see conflicts you've got to go in an edit the files, then run git commit.

Then run:

git push upstream gingerbread

This will push all of the changes back *only on the gingerbread branch*.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MIUI

I love you guys, in a purely platonic way, I was able to create the script and mount the ext3 partition now. Thank you very much for the fast resolution to this problem for me.

Very nice, after my flash I have 175 free of 179 mb.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  

ROM

I love you guys, in a purely platonic way, I was able to create the script and mount the ext3 partition now. Thank you very much for the fast resolution to this problem for me.

Very nice, after my flash I have 175 free of 179 mb.
    Excellent. I've pushed kernel 50 and that should make it into the next build of BACKside.

Now time to call that prospective client back and put the big donate button up:

:P

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    Excellent. I've pushed kernel 50 and that should make it into the next build of BACKside.

Now time to call that prospective client back and put the big donate button up:

:P
    Yeah I'm going to be doing some donating here on my next paycheck. Kids 2nd birthday took priority this one lol. Having kids is too damn expensive.

ROM

dam whats rlly a give in to this rom from athenos is working mms.... yes!!!!!!! finally mms works smooth. and also when updating from 720 do i have to full wipe or partial.

ROM
    MIUI

I would personally do a full wipe but you can certainly try just wiping caches lol.
    If you do partial let me know how it goes.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

How is the USB tethering? I checked the bug list and there is a potential fix post at the button. I was wondering if its included in this latest build of 07212011.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    How is the USB tethering? I checked the bug list and there is a potential fix post at the button. I was wondering if its included in this latest build of 07212011.
    The CM changes were for USB mass storage mode. I /JUST/ fixed tethering to work reliably with OSX in CDC-ECM mode. Unfortunately this doesn't play nicely with VMWare Fusion so I've no idea how it all works on Windows or whether or not Windows will see a CDC-ECM or an RNDIS device (or, ideally, both). These changes should make it into Jerry's build tomorrow. For now, be patient or you'll end up with a zillion phantom USB devices (or in my case a sweet kernel panic in OSX).

Edit: If the kernel properly exposes a CDC-ECM device it looks like all you'll need are some INF files for Vista and 7. For XP you'll need to buy a driver... I'll look into if it's possible to have the kernel autodetect windows vs everything else and enable RNDIS for Windows... but that's low ny my list, and I think you'll still need some INF files to tell XP to do the right thing.
    Last edited by blarf; 07-21-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    SAMLOKA

not sure if its a bug or not but in the music player, it not only shows the songs i have in a folder but also all the android sounds too eg. boot sounds etc...

other small "bug" is the repeated ringtones/notifications in the ring/sound tone menu chooser
    Last edited by notown; 07-21-2011 at 08:30 PM.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

I just noticed the tether bug report was closed like an hour ago. That rocks so much.

So I gave it another chance and this is the best it's run, though that was after the market froze forcing me to pull the battery after initial install.

Now a couple hours later, it seems more stable. Just wish live wallpapers didn't freeze. ath3nos is literally the only rom that can handle live wallpaper.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
    So I gave it another chance and this is the best it's run, though that was after the market froze forcing me to pull the battery after initial install.

Now a couple hours later, it seems more stable. Just wish live wallpapers didn't freeze. ath3nos is literally the only rom that can handle live wallpaper.

I can run live wallpaper, even those resource hogging honeycomb ones. I choose not to because they are hogs but it's possible for me at least.

My battery seems to be getting killed, not related to live wallpapers, but going to let it die and then charge and wipe batt stats to see what's going on.

I can run live wallpaper, even those resource hogging honeycomb ones. I choose not to because they are hogs but it's possible for me at least.

My battery seems to be getting killed, not related to live wallpapers, but going to let it die and then charge and wipe batt stats to see what's going on.
    yeah, my battery life has been pretty awful as well, but then again, it's been with a lot of use from testing out the ROM and i haven't calibrated yet.

ROM
    MIUI

yeah, my battery life has been pretty awful as well, but then again, it's been with a lot of use from testing out the ROM and i haven't calibrated yet.
    I assume that is what has happened to me also. Not about to blame the ROM/Kernel that these two have already put great amounts of work into. I flashed multiple versions of this rom and also the kernel as it changed today (THANKS BLARF) on top of doing nandroid restores in between so my phone was functional for me. That's a lot of abuse in one day for my poor tired OV. After it dies...which im trying to kill it as we speak, I will calibrate and go easy (normal) use on it tomorrow.

Edit: Spell check is your friend.

ROM
    CM7

could you add in smbfs or cifs to the kernel, thanks

ROM

I would personally do a full wipe but you can certainly try just wiping caches lol.
    If you do partial let me know how it goes.
    i did a partial and it work .. same as full wipe . but i flashed gapps again just to be sure.

I assume that is what has happened to me also. Not about to blame the ROM/Kernel that these two have already put great amounts of work into. I flashed multiple versions of this rom and also the kernel as it changed today (THANKS BLARF) on top of doing nandroid restores in between so my phone was functional for me. That's a lot of abuse in one day for my poor tired OV. After it dies...which im trying to kill it as we speak, I will calibrate and go easy (normal) use on it tomorrow.

Edit: Spell check is your friend.
    Very true. If there is a such thing as a phone being sore, I would assume that mine is.

ROM
    MIUI

Very true. If there is a such thing as a phone being sore, I would assume that mine is.

Mine probability feels like a virgin on prom night lol

My battery has been above par. I haven't set up Droid wall or juice defender yet, and my battery is more charged than normal at this time

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    Yeah, git is an exercise in stupidity. It's ****ing awful to use, and a really great way to shoot yourself in the foot. When it does work, it works pretty well.

So let's say you've forked and . Now your default.xml is pointing to YOUR android_device_lge_thunderc. But you want to pull in upstream changes.

I /think/ repo will just clobber your changes. So what I've been doing is actually maintaining a separate clone of the repository somewhere else. Find a new directory. Then clone YOUR repository like so:

git clone -b gingerbread ke_device_lge

Then add a remote:

git remote add IHO-upstream

This will add an upstream link to the IHO repository named IHO-upstream (you can change the name as desired). To pull in all of the changes and hope for the best run:

git pull IHO-upstream gingerbread

This will pull in only the gingerbread branch changes. If you see conflicts you've got to go in an edit the files, then run git commit.

Then run:

git push upstream gingerbread

This will push all of the changes back *only on the gingerbread branch*.
    That works. I just forgot to cd to the ~/android directory to add the remote. I was able to bypass the audio errors with an ignore flag. (Hopefully the sound isn't broken on my build.) I'm not sure why I was getting errors from those files in the first place when there were no recent changes.

Those persistent network errors wouldn't seem to be caused by a bad config. The connection drops at random points throughout the sync. About 1 out of 4 syncs are 100% completed.

I wonder how this would work with multiple CM7 ROMs per specific device. We've had different variants of CM7 for both VM670 and LS670, the AOSPCMod and Xionia as well as methods/ports to switch them between the two devices. Although, We've never had two different CM7 ROMs for the same carrier model at the same time. Building from the same source code could be both pointless and confusing. Maybe it would be a better idea to try building some sort of alternate kernel? Wasting time building both Gentoo Linux and Linux kernels should have at least taught me something about configurations. I don't know how different it is with Android though.

On to testing, I may actually have a working update ready. My bluetooth headset broke today so I'm no longer capable of testing that. I'm considering getting a BT keyboard. Do those work with Android/CM7? Also considering throwing in a custom theme but I don't want to compromise the app free space.

And partial install without flashing gapps works just fine
Page 5 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast