Page 7 of 241 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree522Likes

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
    Yeah wiping 3 times sounds like a good idea. It seems that ClockworkMod is the recommended recovery for this ROM (and actively maintained). Anyone know why xionia is mentioned so often? what are the differences between the two?
    Xionia was one of the original recoveries used for all ROMS for the v and s. Since ClockworkMod does not support edify scripting, you cannot use it to load most of the current froyo roms that are available for our phone. I have heard you can still load Bumblebee with ClockworkMod but I have not tried that myself. I know this recovery will work with all of the current GB ROMs that we have offered. Plus it is so easy to switch between them, there is really no excuse not to try it. I have had great luck with xionia in the past, but since it is no longer maintained, I have decided to go with ClockworkMod. Considering Koush did the recovery and is a huge contributor to Cyanogen, I feel the 2 will work together quite well. That is my logic anyway.

ROM
    MIUI

I use xionia .6 and everything works perfect for me. I like that it supports everything even if I don't plan on going back to froyo...ever.

Jerry, under settings and about phone it still says 20110721 under build number :P
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
    I use xionia .6 and everything works perfect for me. I like that it supports everything even if I don't plan on going back to froyo...ever.

Jerry, under settings and about phone it still says 20110721 under build number :P
    What kernel version does it say? Should be #53,.

The build number is a date stamp at compile time, I started before midnite, so it should say 21.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    What kernel version does it say? Should be #53,.

The build number is a date stamp at compile time, I started before midnite, so it should say 21.
    I was just being a smartass lol. yes it does say kernel 53.

ok, so it seems to be running much better after using clockwork recovery. the only downfall still is that my live wallpaper continues to freeze. otherwise everything else seems to be working well.

thank you!

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
    ok, so it seems to be running much better after using clockwork recovery. the only downfall still is that my live wallpaper continues to freeze. otherwise everything else seems to be working well.

thank you!
    That's weird. I've never heard of a recovery making your phone run better. Do all live wallpapers you have freeze up or is it a certain one you are using? I can, although I don't normally, run the honeycomb nexus style one that sucks the crap out of your resources and battery.

I'll try the live wallpaper you're using on my phone to compare if you can tell me which one it is.

That's weird. I've never heard of a recovery making your phone run better. Do all live wallpapers you have freeze up or is it a certain one you are using? I can, although I don't normally, run the honeycomb nexus style one that sucks the crap out of your resources and battery.

I'll try the live wallpaper you're using on my phone to compare if you can tell me which one it is.
    i was running the solar wind one. the nexus one seems to work fine though. i normally hate live wallpapers because of batter drain, but the solar wind one is just too tasty. not a huge deal though.

maybe the recovery made it a cleaner install?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

Which live wallpaper?

ROM
    MIUI

i was running the solar wind one. the nexus one seems to work fine though. i normally hate live wallpapers because of batter drain, but the solar wind one is just too tasty. not a huge deal though.

maybe the recovery made it a cleaner install?
    I assume you can grab solar wind from the market. If it's stock I'll have to dig up the apks as I delete those before flashing lol.

Ok installed solar wind. I was getting force closes trying to set it. I could do the preview fine and adjust settings. BTW that jiggly style is horrid I almost got a headache just watching it for a few seconds lol. I am thinking that maybe it is a problem with the app itself as I also just tried a few other random LW from the market and had no issues with those either.
    Last edited by Kreatur3; 07-22-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Battery hogs everyone of them, same reason I took animated backgounds out of the Green Machine theme, cool concept, but it doesn't equal the trade in performance imho.

I use gestures to unlock my OV, so I haven't themed the lockscreen beyond the buttons, if anyone wants it themed, give me some suggestions.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMOD

I'm having some WiFi issues.
    I check the never disconnect box but it still does it for like 3 secs then connects again.

ROM
    MIUI

I flash a unlock mod called "honeycomb wanna be" and it's all I need. I'm very happy now that I have the custom wallpaper on lockscreen option. I won't even bother using a custom lockscreen app anymore.

I flash a unlock mod called "honeycomb wanna be" and it's all I need. I'm very happy now that I have the custom wallpaper on lockscreen option. I won't even bother using a custom lockscreen app anymore.
    Where might I find this unlock mod?

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by krowley3 View Post
    Where might I find this unlock mod?
    Let me see if I can dig up the thread from xda. Their themes section rocks. You also have to use a program like zip themer to make it a flashable file. I dislike metamorph with extreme prejudice lol.
    If I can't dig it up I'll upload the copy of it I have that hasn't been messed with with zip themer yet.

ROM
    MIUI

Screw it I'm lazy lol.

I can post a ss of it on my phone if you would like to see it first...
    It basically makes it so the icon glows white and there is no visible slider.

Edit: Ok so I used the screenshot option for the first time on the power menu.
    I have no idea where it got saved to lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #166  

ROM

/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Screenshots/
    Thanked by:

Yeah metamorph sucks. So I was able to get another live wallpaper to work. I'm convinced that the recovery I used somehow caused a bad install because before, all live wallpapers would freeze along with many other apps force closing and many random reboots.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #168  

ROM

Yeah metamorph sucks. So I was able to get another live wallpaper to work. I'm convinced that the recovery I used somehow caused a bad install because before, all live wallpapers would freeze along with many other apps force closing and many random reboots.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised. I'm using ClockworkMod 3.0.2.8. It /works/. But it doesn't do anything fancy. The Xionia stuff is designed for the Optimus S, right? Well, the LS670 has its flash partitioned differently so maybe, just maybe (and I haven't looked at the source so this is a WAG) if it's formatting stuff it's using hardcoded partition sizes for the LS670 and not the VM670. Otherwise I dunno as I'm not using any scary scripting or such things.

Edit: Also before reporting problems with the google apps make sure you've got the 6/13 build (there's a link in the CM wiki which I've linked to from the OP).
    Last edited by blarf; 07-22-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Yeah BLARF it's definitely a huge difference!

ROM
    MIUI

I'll have to try a fresh flash, not update previous one, since this battery life is dying on me quick for not really using the phone. At least it seems bad to me compared to how my battery usually performs. This is after a calibration. It hasn't been unstable or anything. Has been running very smooth for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM+Kernel]  Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1-screenshot-1311378862097.png  

Let me know how it goes. I haven't calibrated yet big I literally just lost 40% in 3 hours on standby.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #172  

ROM

Let me know how it goes. I haven't calibrated yet big I literally just lost 40% in 3 hours on standby.

I was kinda waiting for people to complain, and honestly, quite surprised at the handful of comments exclaiming excellent battery life. I'll tweak the process scheduler settings and see if I can't find a better compromise between interactive performance and battery life. In the interim don't stray too far from the charger :-P

I am going to take the weekend off.

ROM
    quattrimus aokp

I had horrible battery life on the first build I flashed. I used 20% of my battery in standby in like 15 minutes but off this build I'm getting great life five hours of heavy use and I'm at 72%

hey guys..thanks for a great rom...its my rom of choice now
    just wondering about what has been left out in the new kernel #50..."extended attributes are no longer included" I use ext4 and dat2ext4 and with the version with kernal 49 it works perfectly..will I be affected in anyway...

thank you very much and keep up the great work

ROM
    BB2.4 / NuDroid T1-S

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    Latest build is up, I haven't tested yet, UOT Kitchen is slow today, still cooking the Green Machine theme.

USB tethering should work on OSX, needs testing on Windows machines.

If anyone experiences battery charging issues, please do the following:

1) Start logcat on terminal emulator, not via ADB, we need info on the USB being plugged in and removed.

su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

2) Plug in your phone, let it go for at least 10 minutes without doing anything to it.

3) Unplug your phone and wait another minute

4) Back in terminal emulator on your phone, hold the down_volume button and press C on the keyboard to stop logcat

5) Upload the logcat.txt file to pastebin, and post the link here

Thanks!
    Here is my logcat. Two actually!
    aeroseek-logcat-ac: Plugged into the wall charger. Battery went from 85% to 82% in 10min

aeroseek-logcat-comp: Plugged into a usb port on my comp. Battery went from 82% to 85% in 10 min.

For both of these I had the phone in airplane mode.
    Really strange what is happening here. It's like the wall charger is actually accelerating the discharge, lol. On bumblebee it charges normally.
    If you like what I have to say, circle me on Google+
Page 7 of 241 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast