[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
That's great news! I was begining to think you had borked it to the point of going kervorkian on it! ;)

I just finished building from a fresh sync of Blarfie's IHO repo, testing it and rebuilding my theme, should have it posted within the hour.

To everyone building their own, post some zips, let's see what this community can do with a truly open source project!

And as always, big thanks to Blarfie for everything!

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Are the audio lib files broken or something? Because I'm getting a fatal error when building the audio files.

I think I'm getting audio hardware errors because I tried manually merging/extracting the frameworks/base from the CM repo because my network connection acts strange at night hours.

Every time I try to add a remote with git and I use the URL on the github repo page it always returns an error about it not being valid.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Id like to share my theme. the task bar has blue because of the theme chooser theme. anyway, i made this theme myself in UOT. I will explain the key things i changed.

I call it. " the uot-mod "....alright lame, i know :p

install recovery / zip etc....

MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACK UP !

link

New top and bottom bar.

No carrier ( invisible ) on task bar

Volume buttons and pop up windows are a mixture or greys whites and some darker greys.. nothing spazzy like say a mega glow red

lock screen icons changed to CM7 theme...of course anyone can choose your own in UOT

lock screen carrier changed to LGOV CM7 (can be changed to a name etc..)

30vkxgi.jpg

j67asw.jpg

wrjqr4.jpg

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having major force close issues? I can't open a few of my apps including theme chooser.

Edit : it seems that a reboot fixed it. At the moment I'd say this Tom is less stable than ath3nos but it's great that we'll have constant development.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Are the audio lib files broken or something? Because I'm getting a fatal error when building the audio files.

I think I'm getting audio hardware errors because I tried manually merging/extracting the frameworks/base from the CM repo because my network connection acts strange at night hours.

Every time I try to add a remote with git and I use the URL on the github repo page it always returns an error about it not being valid.

Could have been one of those middle of the nite server maintenance issues?

I fell asleep waiting for UOT Kitchen to finish cooking the Green Machine theme, everything seems to be working this morning on github.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So the phone is completely off, then when you plug in your charger the phone doesn't respond at all? Not even to the first LG screen?

That seems very odd. That's a hardware issue and it's not too common. My friend recently flashed CM7 to his G2x (I know it's a different phone, still LG). The phone died and wouldn't turn on or charge. The phone returned to normal somehow within an hour or two. This sounds useless but did you try removing the battery for 10 minutes first? How old is the phone?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Ok I got it to charge. this is wut i did...Removed battery for like 30 mins and that did not work but i held the power button till it booted into cm7 then released the pushed it again to turn off the screen and it worked

brainwash

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
my fone will not charge no mater wut charge i use and the fone is dead now wtf how can i fix this?

Have you tried another micro usb cable? i have one that will charge super slowly plugged into the wall charger, but not at all in my laptop, and another that will do data but not charge anywhere. Other cables are fine.

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
This rom is great love it so far. Didn't like the new market so I robbed the one from aosp and its back to normal thanks for the work everyone did to this rom. Ill jump out there and help in the future when I learn more about how to build one until then I'm stuck flashing and testing it for you guys. Thanks Jerry.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This rom is great love it so far. Didn't like the new market so I robbed the one from aosp and its back to normal thanks for the work everyone did to this rom. Ill jump out there and help in the future when I learn more about how to build one until then I'm stuck flashing and testing it for you guys. Thanks Jerry.

Thanks go to Blarf, I just build from his code right now. ;)

Build 07212011 is up and ready for testing. Green Machine Theme

-New kernel with ext2 and ext4 support built in, please test your links2sd and other 2sd methods and report results.

-USB storage mode fixed.

-Screenshot from power button menu being flipped has been fixed.

Updated BACKside rom install instructions, if upgrading from a previous build wiping cache/dalvik should be sufficient.
(I still do a full wipe/format when testing my nightly builds to ensure a clean compile)

Enjoy!

Thanks again Blarf, smooth as silk as always! :)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So a possible bug came up last night and still is an issue in the new build.

When I try to move apps to my sd card, I get an error that says "failed to move application not enough storage". It's possible something is up with my phone and it's not related to the rom. I'm still able to move apps using titanium backup.

Anyone else have this issue?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So a possible bug came up last night and still is an issue in the new build.

When I try to move apps to my sd card, I get an error that says "failed to move application not enough storage". It's possible something is up with my phone and it's not related to the rom. I'm still able to move apps using titanium backup.

Anyone else have this issue?

I haven't flashed the newest build. Downloading now but I have seen that issue before. I had it with the Bumblebee rom which we all know rocks for the froyo roms. I ended up having to do a full wipe of everything and reflashing it and then the issue went away. I'm not necessarily sure that the bug is caused by the rom since I've seen it before.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I found out what my problem with fb, maxthon and phantom similar card, for some reason when I flash my uot theme, I have those problems, I never had that problem before, oh well, I will stick with ugly theme until I can cook up a new theme

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I found out what my problem with fb, maxthon and phantom similar card, for some reason when I flash my uot theme, I have those problems, I never had that problem before, oh well, I will stick with ugly theme until I can cook up a new theme

Curious, how did you make your uot theme? Did you use the framework and systemui or did you just use say the androidian.apk for theme manager?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Curious, how did you make your uot theme? Did you use the framework and systemui or did you just use say the androidian.apk for theme manager?

It was user error, I uploaded the right framework and system ui, I made my theme, but when I went to move it to my phone I accidently moved the one I made for ath3nos instead of the one I made for this rom, so ignore my glitches I reported, I just had a severe case of the stupids

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It was user error, I uploaded the right framework and system ui, I made my theme, but when I went to move it to my phone I accidently moved the one I made for ath3nos instead of the one I made for this rom, so ignore my glitches I reported, I just had a severe case of the stupids

Right on. Glad it is working for you now. :) Just finished a new backup for Ath3nos so about to flash this latest piece of art and see how it works for me. Removed what i consider bloat and got my flash file down to 57 mb. Now to see how much space I have after flashing.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Still can't get link2sd to work with my ext3 partition. Same error as before.
Yes I did a full wipe and fresh install of the rom. Weird.

Going to do another fresh install with a full rom install instead of the one I butcher.
Shouldn't make a difference but worth trying anyway. :)

Last edited:

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Kreatur3, Through weeks of reading, I've noticed that if people have a problem with something not working, they find rebooting 2 even 3 times works for them. Maybe give it a go?? Just my 2 cents. :)
Downloading latest build now. Will test when installed.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Kreatur3, Through weeks of reading, I've noticed that if people have a problem with something not working, they find rebooting 2 even 3 times works for them. Maybe give it a go?? Just my 2 cents. :)

Yup, tried that too. I screw up enough of these with fidgeting around with the flash file that I get used to all the basic troubleshooting lol. Thanks for advice though, fast responses to issues are always appreciated even if it doesn't necessarily help me it might help someone else. :)

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Great stuff gentlemen!! Just downloaded and setting up now. Noticed two things, fm radio and the old market. Both of them I thought had been removed or changed. Followed instruction to a tee, enen added bb wiper as added step. Just trying to help out.