[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Great stuff gentlemen!! Just downloaded and setting up now. Noticed two things, fm radio and the old market. Both of them I thought had been removed or changed. Followed instruction to a tee, enen added bb wiper as added step. Just trying to help out.

In the settings what kernel version does it show you?

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Quick question...
When updating this rom to the 7/21/11 build, (never upgraded, just fresh installed everything) Is it best to start clean (format) or just wipe the cache/dalvik?
Kreatur3, like I said that was my 2 cents... I didn't say it was worth 2 cents. :D

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick question...
When updating this rom to the 7/21/11 build, (never upgraded, just fresh installed everything) Is it best to start clean (format) or just wipe the cache/dalvik?
Kreatur3, like I said that was my 2 cents... I didn't say it was worth 2 cents. :D

It was worth 2 cents, just not 3 LOL. Kidding I always appreciate input even if it doesn't help me in particular.

On subject I always do a fresh install especially when it is something new like these builds coming out.
It's harder for me to troubleshoot where my issues are coming from if I just upgrade from a previous build.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Understood. Even with titanium backup, I hate sitting there reinstalling my apps. With testing like this... it's best to have everything running to see if there's any bugs. Of course you already knew that. :) Thanks for the input. Gonna flash it now.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
WOW! Weird issue lol. Flashed the new rom installer I didn't mess with. Logged in and everything looked correct except I noticed that my wallpaper was one I was using previous to flashing even my edited one...3 flashes ago. Then added my account and went into market and it was downloading all of my apps i had installed before. Re flashing I just thought that was like...twilight zone stuff.

Nvm, it was that stupid google restore crap. I had never seen it work before so didn't understand what was going on at first.
Link2sd isn't working, cant locate the ext partition so back to Ath3nos until there is a remedy for this. :)

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
2.6.32.9IHO zim@foodcourtia#49

Weird so either something is still wrong with the ext support in the kernel or my multiple downloads of it were all corrupt in the same exact way. Can you try link2sd? Just curious if it is just me, unless of course you don't normally use it then I'll wait for someone else to post their issue. :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Great stuff gentlemen!! Just downloaded and setting up now. Noticed two things, fm radio and the old market. Both of them I thought had been removed or changed. Followed instruction to a tee, enen added bb wiper as added step. Just trying to help out.

I only removed stuff from the first build, the next two builds are pretty much clean syncs with IHO source to be sure I don't inadvertently bork any of Blarf's changes.

The market is loaded from the gapps file which has not been changed for months, once you sign it, the market updates automatically.

Thanks for trying it out!

Reactions: nascar2428

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Weird so either something is still wrong with the ext support in the kernel or my multiple downloads of it were all corrupt in the same exact way. Can you try link2sd? Just curious if it is just me, unless of course you don't normally use it then I'll wait for someone else to post their issue. :)

Never have used it, not sure of the benefit. Sorry

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Never have used it, not sure of the benefit. Sorry

Just gives you more space. You can link your apps, dalvik, and lib files to your sd card ext partition so they don't take up all your phone space. If you install more than a couple apps you hit your space limit and are stuck with no more room. :)

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just gives you more space. You can link your apps, dalvik, and lib files to your sd card ext partition so they don't take up all your phone space. If you install more than a couple apps you hit your space limit and are stuck with no more room. :)

I use ZD box and the appliction mover in Cyanogen settings. I have 54 apps on the card with 145mb of storage space left over. I know thats not alot of apps but it gets the job done plus it jus takes to long to restore. I got a feeling Rom development is going to be on the upswing I don't want to waste a whole lot of time checking them out. LOL

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Link2sd isn't working, cant locate the ext partition so back to Ath3nos until there is a remedy for this. :)

This is with kernel #49?

Which filesystem are you trying to use? Ext2, Ext4, FAT16/32 are the only ones included. Ext3fs is /not/ included.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use ZD box and the appliction mover in Cyanogen settings. I have 54 apps on the card with 145mb of storage space left over. I know thats not alot of apps but it gets the job done plus it jus takes to long to restore. I got a feeling Rom development is going to be on the upswing I don't want to waste a whole lot of time checking them out. LOL

Yeah I hear ya lol. There are plenty of ways to move apps to your sd card. I might give that a try, the cyan settings, as i have never done it. I was using link2sd before I had that option and have just always gone with it. I'm a creature of habit lol.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is with kernel #49?

Which filesystem are you trying to use? Ext2, Ext4, FAT16/32 are the only ones included. Ext3fs is /not/ included.

That sucks xionia creates ext3 by default figured it would be included

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
That sucks xionia creates ext3 by default figured it would be included

Ext3 should be 100% backwards compatible with ext2 if you're trying to import an existing partition. If you're trying to create one, I'd just choose ext2. Ext3 merely adds journaling.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ext3 should be 100% backwards compatible with ext2 if you're trying to import an existing partition. If you're trying to create one, I'd just choose ext2. Ext3 merely adds journaling.

Xionia doesn't give you a choice at least not .6. Just surprised that ext3 is the only one not supported with it being the default one created. No biggie thanks for the info.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got it to charge. this is wut i did...Removed battery for like 30 mins and that did not work but i held the power button till it booted into cm7 then released the pushed it again to turn off the screen and it worked

Now my fone only changes when it wants to v-mo is sending me a new one so ill just put this back to stock.

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with ath3nos CM7

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Xionia doesn't give you a choice at least not .6. Just surprised that ext3 is the only one not supported with it being the default one created. No biggie thanks for the info.

Trying to keep the bloat down. Do you know if anything uses the POSIX ACLs or extended attributes? Any idea how popular ext4 is?

Ext2/4 added 500k to the size of the compressed kernel image. Ugh.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Trying to keep the bloat down. Do you know if anything uses the POSIX ACLs or extended attributes? Any idea how popular ext4 is?

Ext2/4 added 500k to the size of the compressed kernel image. Ugh.

I don't know how popular ext4 is sorry. I only know that ext3 is probably used a decent amount since it's the type created by default. ext2 probably is popular too for those that use the thunder recovery and they get a choice. Not sure what the differences are I just use it because I don't have a choice and I'm not too worried about the space the journaling takes since I partition 1gb for that space anyway. :) I can look into using a different recovery to get a diff ext it's just that with xionia .4 it had trouble recognizing my ext partition even if I created it with that recovery and thunder just doesn't do it for me lol.

I know for some, or even a lot of, people that extra space makes an impact. Not sure how much it elongates the compiling procedures. I remove so much from the actual ROM before flashing it that the zip file is down to around 57mb when I'm done lol.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
so for whatever reason, this ROM/Kernel just doesn't get along with my phone. i've tried 3 complete wipes and installs, and i just have problems all the way from restoring my apps to constant force closes and freezing and reboots.

what's weird is that the ath3nos ROM makes my phone run better than ever.

i'm just curious as to why this could be. i'm glad taht ath3nos works so well, but i was really looking forward to a ROM with constant development. oh well, i'll try the next update.

thanks Blarf and Jerry, wish i had better results to share.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2