[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
i got it to work, thanks guys alot of help.

umm but now my home button does nothing?
and its really unstable, sometimes when i reboot theirs no status bar, and hitting restart status bar doesnt work.
and it wont let me enable a lock screen.

oh, and the google play store constantly says no connection, and the updater for the backside rom dosent.

i guess this is why its a work in progress?

The framework-res and SystemUI need to match with the ROM build number you flashed, and Backside is no longer supported be the developer and the source for his builds are no long available either.

I would try again with the install like you did the first time formatting everything and flash the ROM and gapps, reboot the phone into system at lease twice. Do not set anything in the system settings, or overclock, or restore you apps just yet. After you boot into the the system the second time let the phone set for about ten minutes then boot back into the recovery (format the cache and dalvik-cache) and flash the theme zip then reboot the system again, wait for about ten minutes before restoring the apps then reboot the phone after the apps are restored.

Last edited:

Code Putnam

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The framework-res and SystemUI need to match with the ROM build number you flashed, and Backside is no longer supported be the developer and the source for his builds are no long available either.

I would try again with the install like you did the first time formatting everything and flash the ROM and gapps, reboot the phone into system at lease twice. Do not set anything in the system settings, or overclock, or restore you apps just yet. After you boot into the the system the second time let the phone set for about ten minutes then boot back into the recovery (format the cache and dalvik-cache) and flash the theme zip then reboot the system again, wait for about ten minutes before restoring the apps then reboot the phone after the apps are restored.

would this restore my home button? and what about the play store no longer working?

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
For prospective rom installers. This rom blows chunks. Once you load gapps all memory is used up, and it starts to flake out.
I'll send this over to the Philippines, where they can use it for a music player and cheap camera. It's worthless for anything else. I even tried OSMAND and it error'd out also.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You know.... I really didn't want to have to post over here but I just can't let this rom thread end with the comment above.
The roms developed in this thread were some of my favorites and really great for a phone that never had official CM support. So many features were added and so many developers got started right here. Back in the CM7 days these roms offered a stable operating system 100 times better than stock and now The old Optimus V currently has a CM 11 build that I considered stable enough to use daily and even offered up more free space than any other rom for the V and it got its roots (no pun intended) from right here. Apps have grown in size now and that's made the iho cm7 builds just about useless without modification now but have a little respect because the current rom wouldn't be where it is now without this.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
You know.... I really didn't want to have to post over here but I just can't let this rom thread end with the comment above.
The roms developed in this thread were some of my favorites and really great for a phone that never had official CM support. So many features were added and so many developers got started right here. Back in the CM7 days these roms offered a stable operating system 100 times better than stock and now The old Optimus V currently has a CM 11 build that I considered stable enough to use daily and even offered up more free space than any other rom for the V and it got its roots (no pun intended) from right here. Apps have grown in size now and that's made the iho cm7 builds just about useless without modification now but have a little respect because the current rom wouldn't be where it is now without this.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I agree. This was one of the first ROMs I used with the LG Optimus V after I rooted it in November, 2011.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree. This was one of the first ROMs I used with the LG Optimus V after I rooted it in November, 2011.

wasn't this like the second source-built rom for the OV?
first was the one named AOSP, but IHO was the first with a useable device tree source, and definitely the custom ROM with working virgin mobile MMS. that particular fix has moved into cyanogenmod source even though they never officially supported the V's chipset.
without IHO the V probably never would've gotten any ROMs past ported sprint GB.
plus there was a lot of development assistance and sharing based on this source and the fine developers who were building for it.
it's not the ROM's fault that Gapps now require more storage than this phone has, or that many apps are now built assuming Google's lowest common denominator chipset (armv7) which will crash on our old armv6 SoC.
I'm glad for IHO... and the most stable ROM for the OV, MiRaGe, is based from IHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae