2.3.3 messed my optimus v up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendicated

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
my lg optimus v is running android 2.3.3 and it messed my phone up.

reasons.
1. camera/speech/home button dont work.
2. recovery mode reboots for no reason.

system stuff.

mod version - aospCMod-OV-20110307
build number - GRI40
kernal version - 2.6.32.26-aospCMod
aosp@aospbot #1
version - 2.3.3
build : RA-OptV-2.2.1-GNM

am i missing something? is my system not right?

is 2.3.3 the latest update? if not send me links for 2.3.4 and tuts/instructions on how to update.

thxxxx.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You didnt flash it right. happens to a lot more people than you think.

first of all, you are running a very old aospCMod. the latest build is 6/01

here is the download for the ROM aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and the GAPPS gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

in the recovery, wipe everything, even dalvik, which is in "advanced" on clockwork mod, then flash the rom first, then do NOT REBOOT, just flash gapps over the rom you just flashed.

now reboot, and set up as normal.

if it gives you ANY problems its becuase you didnt wipe something. try it again and go look up how to wipe everything.

I uloaded both these to my 4shared. the 6/01 build your going to download right now is the latest aospCMod, which is 2.3.4

dRoach

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The mod version you entered says you have the 03/07/2011 build. There have been some more recent versions released that may or may not fix your problems. I started with the 5/31 build, so i'm not sure about the problems you are experiencing; I do recall an issue with the mapping of some buttons, which may be what is going on. Try a newer build of aosp's ROM. There's a link to the download below
http://romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

Oh, and don't forget to wipe your caches, data, etc from the recovery, I know that can cause some crazy issues (like my phone constantly rebooting). Good luck and keep us updated.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
problem is, when im in recovery mode it randonly reboots after like 10/20 seconds and when im trying to flash zips it reboots. why????

becuase you dont have clockworkmod recovery... use rom manager to flash it by selecting Flash Recovery, and selecting the Optimus V from the list.

the stock recovery cannot flash zips.

I cant see how any of this would be happening unless you either rooted wrong or lost root.

either would be caused by incorrectly using SuperOneClick.

answer this, have you ever, used SuperOneClick by clicking "root" instead of "shell root"

or have you used SuperOneClick and clicked "Unroot", ever?

if you did.. you kinda caused your own problems

Vendicated

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
becuase you dont have clockworkmod recovery... use rom manager to flash it by selecting Flash Recovery, and selecting the Optimus V from the list.

the stock recovery cannot flash zips.

I cant see how any of this would be happening unless you either rooted wrong or lost root.

either would be caused by incorrectly using SuperOneClick.

answer this, have you ever, used SuperOneClick by clicking "root" instead of "shell root"

or have you used SuperOneClick and clicked "Unroot", ever?

if you did.. you kinda caused your own problems

yes i rooted my phone with superoneclick.

Vendicated

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
i flashed my phone "optimus v" and stuff and i put the ROM you gave me and gapps on sdcard.
and when i go into recovery mode it just reboots my phone. any suggestions?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i flashed my phone "optimus v" and stuff and i put the ROM you gave me and gapps on sdcard.
and when i go into recovery mode it just reboots my phone. any suggestions?

you didnt answer my question....

HOW did you root. did you use the OFFICIAL method in the how to

or did you skip the hard steps and just click "root" in superoneclick, becuase that WILL cause this problem. it happened to me before.

Vendicated

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
you didnt answer my question....

HOW did you root. did you use the OFFICIAL method in the how to

or did you skip the hard steps and just click "root" in superoneclick, becuase that WILL cause this problem. it happened to me before.

i just enabled debugging, and clicked root.

and when i flashed clockwork mode recovery it says my current recovery: clockworkmod 3.2.0.1

and when i go to recovery mod it still says android system recovery on top. and
build: RA-OptV-2.2.1-GNM

is there any other way i can fix it so its clockworkmod recovery other then the android system recovery
bc i need to flash these to zips asap.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

and when i flashed clockwork mode recovery it says my current recovery: clockworkmod 3.2.0.1

and when i go to recovery mod it still says android system recovery on top. and
build: RA-OptV-2.2.1-GNM

is there any other way i can fix it so its clockworkmod recovery other then the android system recovery
bc i need to flash these to zips asap.

you were supposed to "shell root" then manually push the busybox and su files through ADB.

your shot yourself in the foot, when you click "root" it tries to automatically put the correct files in the phone but for some reason the root doesnt stick. so you flashed a recovery, and now that recovery wont work becuase you no longer have root.

i already made this mistake.

now your going to have to follow the "How To Root" instructions again, but this time EXACTLY as they say... no cheating, becuase that "root" button really IS different than the "shell root" button. get it right, get a permanant root, then reflash the recovery and rom.

if you do it right from the start you dont have problems like this

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
2.3.3 didn't mess anything up, you did.
If you didn't want to do it the right way you had no business trying to do it in the first place.
Put your phone in the closest trash can, go to Best Buy, get another one, and don't root it.

Problem solved.

Also, stop spamming new threads about your borked phone.

Reactions: nascar2428

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't want to do it the right way you had no business trying to do it in the first place.
Put your phone in the closest trash can, go to Best Buy, get another one, and don't root it.

Problem solved.

Also, stop spamming new threads about your borked phone.

LOL. Thanks for the good laugh this morning. I think the way you do a lot when I see these threads but glad to get a laugh out of someone else saying it.

Reactions: Vishwar

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

This is what happens people when you don't READ things and get impatient and think "Ok I got this!"
and end up borking up your phone because you didn't READ! But Im not going to scold you anymore because your messed up phone is enough punishment for not following directions. I'll post in a min because I have to dig up the info on how to fix the mess you made.

Side topic; This is why I wanted my post sticked on what NOT to do to root your phone it would really help cut down on these post of people jacking up their phone. BRB got to do some digging.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
you were supposed to "shell root" then manually push the busybox and su files through ADB.

your shot yourself in the foot, when you click "root" it tries to automatically put the correct files in the phone but for some reason the root doesnt stick. so you flashed a recovery, and now that recovery wont work becuase you no longer have root.

i already made this mistake.

now your going to have to follow the "How To Root" instructions again, but this time EXACTLY as they say... no cheating, becuase that "root" button really IS different than the "shell root" button. get it right, get a permanant root, then reflash the recovery and rom.

I honestly think that post needs to be redone in laymen terms because so many people don't bother to learn exactly what they are doing, they do things without understanding and then come here crying when they break their phone

if you do it right from the start you dont have problems like this

Do what he said!

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I love these threads mainly because of my experience. I ended up getting the blue fastboot screen before there were cool directions on how to fix it. Was freaking out a bit but thought to myself "I can fix this" and searched and dug until I found how to fix my problem. Sure it takes a bit of extra time but, for me at least, it felt good knowing I had done it myself with some research into threads already explaining this kind of thing...

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
this guy already spammed me with a million PMs while I was replying to the thread as well.

Go figure. I love the people who ignore your link to a thread that could help them fix it and keep posting crap on needing help. LEARN...TO...READ! Oh and thinking for yourself helps too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC