Optimus V 2.2.2 not booting into recovery

elalan5

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
hello! I recently got a replacement for my Optimus V. It was having signal and SMS problems, so they decided to send me a replacement. I noticed this replacement has android 2.2.2 froyo pre-installed. so the first thing I tried was to root it with Rom Tools, but it didn't work, so I looked around and found Gingerbreak. Rooting was successful, and i had SuperUser privileges. So then I tried installing a custom recovery with RomTools, and it still told me I wasn't rooted. So then I tried Rom Manager, and it notified me the custom recovery was flashed, so i rebooted, and i just get a back-lit black screen, any idea why this is happening?

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
U should restart after installing su, and I would just flash a custom recovery in recovery mode, same way u do a rom. If u can't get Into recovery tho power phone off then hold volume down home and power and release when the LG logo pops up

elalan5

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
i already tried that, but it just stays on the LG logo forever! it doesnt reboot into recovery! and then i try to boot into the bootloader and it stil ldoesnt let me, it just boots back into android!

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
okay! Fixed it! I just had to erase the recovery image and flash it again through Rom manager xP opps! fell like a noob!

Same issues only i don't understand what you said you did can you explain it? I tried to run a backup too and it rebooted to black screen have to keep removing the battery to get it to reboot into phone.

mrr

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone available to give a qucik reply on how the above fix works?
It looks like some of the newer Optimus V's are coming with a different model of kernel that the stock ClockWorkMod kernels don't support. I found some info in this thread:

--THISSITE-- /optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/110109-black-screen-most-roms.html

(sorry my post count is 0 so it won't let me post a link, replace THISSITE with a forums.androidcentral[dot]com URL)

Good luck. I installed a Xiona modded CWM recovery image that worked. Trying to find a good ROM with support for the screen now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC