my phone is in clockworkmod loop after factory reset

liljay781

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
i know this topic has been beat to death so have i. ive been trying to figure this out all day long, roughly 14 hours. my phone been rooted for a long time now, but i never installed a rom until today. earlier today i installed a rom from rom manager premium and forgot to do the gapps or whatever its called so i didnt have any of the apps that i needed at that moment. then my home button stopped working and i had to leave the page i was on by pressing back. so i did a factory reset on the phone. i did not know that u was not suppose to do that til about a few hours ago. no my phone is stuck on clockworkmod recovery mode loop thing. it really sucks because im beat from working on this phone. all i wanted to do is make it operate a little faster. i know very very little about rooting so if you can help that will be great. thank you in advance.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No need to be rude to the OP, watskyhotsky. Many of us have had loops rooting in some form or fashion

To the OP: I don't know the Optimus, so I am afraid I can't be of much help. However, if you will post step by step what you did, I am sure there are a few folks in the forums that will help you out. Just hang in there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

liljay781

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
ok i rooted my phone about 3 months ago when i got it.

today i bought rom manager premium.

i went to the download rom section.

i downloaded the 2 option because it had 100000+ uploads. i think it was 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 or what not

then it restarted,

when it fully booted i remembered that i forgot to download the gapp thing so i had no market ect ect

then i figured out i couldnt use the home button.

i got mad, and the only thing to my head was do a factory reset and it will go back

i did the factory reset then when it booted it went into clockworkmod recovery mode

ive tried pretty much everything but format the sdcard

no luck yet:'(

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That detail should be enough to get some help for this. Again, I would help if I could, but know the fascinate, not the Optimus. Just hang tight and some one else will help you out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

liljay781

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
im waiting for my wife to get home because she has the optimus s and i was thinking of downloading a rom on her phone with my sd card in it and see if that works. its very very depressing. ive been looking thru all the forums all ****ing day. i just want a beer and a shoulder to cry on right now. very stressful operation

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
i just searched "boot loop" and like 50 results came back. first thread i clicked had instructions on how to fix it. how hard was that?

evrynite

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain man. I had about 10 hours into it until I got mine running SWEET.

I'm using the following on my phone, and no issues, everything works great!

Kernel version
2.632.9-IHOr1

Mod version
CyanogenMod-7.1.0-v0.3-VM670-KEMIKALELITE-IHO-072011

Build number
cyanogen_thunderc_VM670-eng 2.3.4
Gingerbread

I used rom tools to root and flash the recovery. One I found all the software that worked right, it was smooth sailing.

liljay781

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
its stuck in recovery, i cant install anything because it says installation aborted. people here dont make the zipped and unzipped part clearly. also where the root of the phone. obviously i can see the zipped files that i put in the sd card but when i go to install them i get installation aborted. the only one i had luck with that installed was xionia.kernel.010.mod.bootimg.optimusV.signed.zip. that file installs and what not but thats all it does. when i reboot the phone if just goes back into clockworkmod recovery mode
:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::':)':)':)'(

liljay781

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
dude ive been doing reading since 10 this morning. ive been thru all the stickys. im just asking for suggestions. he gave me a file im just asking where should i place it. obviously he probably used it before with sucess i just want to follow that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae