Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree32Likes

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

You should have already had the flash_image installed the first time you used the flash_image GUI? Had I know it didn't install I could have gave you that part of the code as well.
    Well at least you got it figured out.

Thanks a ton for this great guide. I have a phone (With no cell service) which we use as a media player, cheap camera, etc. I'd like to breath some new life into this device. I obtained root 15 minutes after finding this page.

I'm working on installing the recovery image now, and I just wanted to point out that the image for Flash Image GUI app is an error page, although I notice it is still available in the Play Store for $0.99.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

You can use the terminal emulator from the market (free). Just don't put it on the sd card.
    Put the recovery.img and the flash_image on the root of the sd card.
    Then open terminal and type in:
    (line #1) su(return) [If using a command Prompt on a PC type in: adb shell (return) instead]
    (line #2) mount_-o_remount,rw_-t_yaffs2_/system_/system(return)
    (line #3) cat_/sdcard/flash_image_>_/system/bin/flash_image(return)
    (line #4) chmod_755_/system/bin/flash_image(return)
    (line #5) flash_image_recovery_/sdcard/recovery.img [or however it's named exactly, on the sd card] (return) If you get a # after typing all that in, continue with the sixth line of code. If you did not, or got an error anywhere, start over.
    (line #6) reboot_recovery(return)

The red underscores are where the spaces should be, do not type them.
    (return)=do not type this. Just hit the enter key(the one on the bottom right if in the terminal emulator)
    (line #) don't type this in.

If you just need to flash a recovery then skip the third and forth line of the code.

Note: If after typing in su and hiting enter key you loose the keyboard, just hit the menu key and select to toggle soft keyboard.

Here is a link to the flash_image: flash_image
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011