Gingerbread help?

chris1324

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have an optimus v on 2.2.2 I was wondering why in rom manager when you select manual overide the optimus one doesn't appear? Users have said that the CM7 rom could be found for the optimus v could be found under the optimus one. Also is IHO or asop CM7 easier to install? In the Htc incredible its easier to install roms for the optimus v its complicated. Thanks for any help it's much appreciated

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
On Optimus V, ROM Manager should ONLY be used to flash CWM recovery or rename backed up ROMs. NOTHING ELSE. Download IHO CM7.1 manually from the other thread & flash in recovery mode.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just because I have to ask what method did you use to root because lately a lot of people are borking up there phone by not properly rooting using superoneclick just want to make sure before we get started on telling you how to flash a ROM.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
1. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery mode (From powered off state, hold vol-down, home, and power
button until the LG logo appears).

2. BACKUP ORIGINAL ROM! use vol-up/down, camera, & back keys to navigate in recovery.

3. Factory Reset, wipe cache & dalvik-cache, then format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.

4. Flash the custom ROM.zip from sdcard and gapps.zip too if going to a CyanogenMod ROM

5. Reboot and enjoy the new ROM, the first boot takes longer than usual, also some problems may disappear after rebooting.

This was a copy and paste from the stickie Whyzor has at the top of the forums.

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THE ROM FROM THE APP INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE it currently dose not work for the V once you have the recovery installed from Rom manager its best to delete it unless your going to use it to rename backups.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay