[Hackish]Optimus Prime bootanimation and sound

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer:I am not responsible if you break,brick,hump,throw against wall or any other action to do to your phone. By using this bootanimation you agree anything that happens is your own noobtastic fault. Any attempts at blaming me for anything other than this being fantastic will result in you being pointed and laughed at.

New files uploaded.
Sized down to fit better.
Added a grey background.

If you like the while background use the one that says while in the name. Once you download it rename it to bootanimation.
Root Explorer method:
1. Rename your boot animation to bootanimation
2. Put it on your SD card
3. Open Root Explorer and copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media. This will replace the existing boot animation
4. Reboot your phone

ADB method:
1. Make sure you have downloaded android sdk
2. Put android sdk in C:\
3. Set the directory of command prompt to C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools. Click here for a video tutorial.
4. Rename your boot animation to bootanimation and put it in C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
5. Open cmd
6. Type in order:
-adb remount
-adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip
-adb reboot
You can also preview your bootanimation before rebooting.
In adb type adb shell bootanimation.

To add the sound use these instructions.
Unzip the file first.

Originally Posted by hockeyfamily737
0. It's recommended to do a nandroid backup first!

1. Download the "bootsnd.sh" file and put it on the root of your sd card.

2. Download the "android_audio.mp3" file and using root explorer copy it to /system/media

3. Open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands using the stock keyboard. Press enter after each line:
su
cd /sdcard
sh
sh bootsnd.sh
reboot

4. As the device boots up you will be greeted by the "Dolby THX" test sound heard before movies. You are now free to replace the android_audio.mp3 file in /system/media with any .mp3 file you like as long as you rename it to "android_audio.mp3"

5. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OUTSMART THESE DIRECTIONS OR YOU WILL BE RESTORING YOUR NANDROID BACKUP!

6. Enjoy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10373328/bootsnd.sh

UDguX.gif
e75pI.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Vishwar

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
"Disclaimer:I am not responsible if you break,brick,hump,throw against wall or any other action to do to your phone. By using this bootanimation you agree anything that happens is your own noobtastic fault. Any attempts at blaming me for anything other than this being fantastic will result in you being pointed and laughed at."

LOL Best disclaimer evaaa!

Reactions: Eollie

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
lol nice! would you recommend using any boot animation apps for this as well? i actually use an app off the market for changing mine.

Reactions: Eollie

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
lol nice! would you recommend using any boot animation apps for this as well? i actually use an app off the market for changing mine.
you can use the bootanimation utility to push the boot animation but the sound file has to manually moved.
Be sure to use the script otherwise ti wont work.

Im looking into how the .desc file can make it play the sound.
Right now tho it looks like the script and moving manually is the only way.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Will this work on thee froyo roms. Because I can't get it to work on bumblebee
It should, Im not sure where on Froyo you put the boot animation.

I just downloaded bummblee rom and looked at where he has the bootanimation.zip.
Its in the same location as the guide says to put it.
The only difference is the desc file format.
Try deleting the bootanimation and rebooting then pushing the new one over.

Im using IHO and everything is working for me.
If anybody else can test and see if it works for them it would be appreciated.
The idea for this was from xda and the requester says its working for him so..I dunno.
If worse come to worse, Ill test it with the desc file edited like it is in bumblebee.

Last edited:

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I can get the boot screen on, but I can't activate the sound, I'm using the terminal emulator, it either says cannot open bootsnd.sh, unknown user group.it changes every time I enter the commands

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I can get the boot screen on, but I can't activate the sound, I'm using the terminal emulator, it either says cannot open bootsnd.sh, unknown user group.it changes every time I enter the commands

Ahh I see try this.

su
cd /sdcard
sh
sh bootsnd.sh
reboot
There is a missing command from my instruction sorry :(.

If for some reason that doesnt work..try script manager from the market.
I used it recently to run that script when I had to redo my phone and it worked.

Last edited:

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't get it to work with script manager either. I guess my phone just doesn't want to make any sounds when it starts. Thanks for the help though

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't get it to work with script manager either. I guess my phone just doesn't want to make any sounds when it starts. Thanks for the help though

Do this for me.
Goto system > build.prop

Scroll to the bottom and see if there is a entry like this.

Code:
ro.config.play.bootsound=1

If not try adding that and see if it will work.
That is what that script does. It adds that line into the build prop so it will play the sound.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok Ive done some researching and Im stumped.

I was wrong about the script only adding in that line tot he build.prop. I even knew that when i typed it out and hit submit.../facepalm.

One more thing..if the code I posted above is there more than once it will not play the sound.
In that case delete all but one line and try that.

If we could get somebody else to test this that is running a froyo rom it would be super duper.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think it might not work on froyo our at the least bumblebee. I have done everything possible so fa, I removed the extra lines, tried the sound on different folders,i even reset the permissions of the sound to match all the other system sounds. My wife is getting an ov monday I'll see if it can be done when on her phone. My phone might just be to old and tired to pull it off. Thanks for all effort.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I seen several posts about froyo roms being able to do this.
Ill look around tomorrow and see if I can find something.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I kinda gave trying my thumbs were hurting. But I just finished installing
The latest bobz build to see if the wifi worked yet witch works perfectly. So I figured I would try this again on afresh cm7 install and everything worked great. So I don't know about froyo but cm7 sure works