Terrible battery life on BACKside rom?

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for a while, and have been getting terrible battery life out of it, at least 10 percent drain per hour, even using JuiceDefender. I used Harmonia before this, and got excellent battery life out of it, only about 2 percent drain while idle with 3g/wifi on constantly. On both roms I was over clocked 320/806. Help is greatly appreciated.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I also got really poor battery life on backside. I switched back to bumblebee. You should keep your clock speeds close to each other. Use 806-806 for the best battery life you can get off this phone.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I also got really poor battery life on backside. I switched back to bumblebee. You should keep your clock speeds close to each other. Use 806-806 for the best battery life you can get off this phone.

Yeah if you want to kill your cpu go ahead

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
my battery life is only slightly slightly lower than when I was on AOSPCM7.

but i wouldnt trade a gingerbread rom for a froyo rom ever, ever again.

I get a consistant 7 to 9 hours of use before my battery is dead. but im the kind of person whos phone is pretty much on 24/7 if im not browsing the internet, im listening to music (phone is my ipod) or watching youtube or netflix. or texting like mad. seriously my phone never stays idle for more than 20 minutes. its being used like crazy.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There could be an app service running in the background that drains the battery. I keep mine pretty lightweight (no extra apps installed & services running). With 3G, Wifi, GPS, BT all off, and just cell signal on, I get less than 1%/hour drain. Turning on 3G and using it drains a bit quicker. but still pretty good. Maybe you'll have to try to re-wipe (using CWM recovery since it does more complete wipe), format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard, and reflash.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... But it makes me wonder why this kind of drain happens on gingerbread and not froyo?

Froyo was horrible when it came out as well if you remember.

The latest Froyo builds have gone leaps and bounds over stock Froyo, but it took a while. The problem with GB is we don't have the stock driver to work from in some cases, it's newer, and can use more processing power. No one really knows how much it took to get Harmonia to do what it does with a battery.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have actually noticed not much of a drain when my phone is idle but it still sucks the battery bad when I'm watching movies and what ever

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Froyo was horrible when it came out as well if you remember.

The latest Froyo builds have gone leaps and bounds over stock Froyo, but it took a while. The problem with GB is we don't have the stock driver to work from in some cases, it's newer, and can use more processing power. No one really knows how much it took to get Harmonia to do what it does with a battery.
Well, I'm glad we have devs like you who know what to do. Thank you and all the other devs for all that you do! :)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for a while, and have been getting terrible battery life out of it, at least 10 percent drain per hour, even using JuiceDefender. I used Harmonia before this, and got excellent battery life out of it, only about 2 percent drain while idle with 3g/wifi on constantly. On both roms I was over clocked 320/806. Help is greatly appreciated.
How long have you had backside installed? A true test of how the battery life is, give the rom at minimum three days.Be sure to wipe battery stats and do a complete chare/discharge/recharge.

NO NO NO NO NO.
Its been proven this is circumstantial.
Keeping the phone ramped to max will only harm your battery and cpu.

Does your phone get hot running like this? I dont think anybody has reported it not getting hot. My phone would sit idle for hours and I would pick it up and be hot to touch.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Here is the type of battery life you should be getting on IHO:
screenshot-1311409668161.png

Reactions: pre

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
it's mostly checking battery status, a few quick calls, some web over 3G, and text messages. Light use probably.

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Other than a couple of 6 hour stints in an area where I had next to no reception, I get about equal battery life with BACKside as I do with Harmonia. 480/806, ondemand.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Other than a couple of 6 hour stints in an area where I had next to no reception, I get about equal battery life with BACKside as I do with Harmonia. 480/806, ondemand.

I'm not surprised. I get less than 1%/hour drain when idling on this ROM. That comes close to the maximum theoretical standby time of ~100 hours researched by mmarz in his battery/ROM comparison thread.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Here is my battery stats so far on backside i only run 5 widgets and a live wallpaper in the background idle is awesome but i'm looking for longevity when i use it i'm just playing games or surfing the net i can burn a battery in about 6 hours if i'm streaming videos i can do it quicker. :/ Bumble Bee was better but its not as fun as having freeking gingerbread! I love it when my cheap prepaid phone is more capable than the expensive ones everyone else has. Edit* 5 widgets a live wallpaper and just 3g and clock speeds of 408-764 for the norm.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is my battery stats so far on backside i only run 5 widgets and a live wallpaper in the background idle is awesome but i'm looking for longevity when i use it i'm just playing games or surfing the net i can burn a battery in about 6 hours if i'm streaming videos i can do it quicker. :/ Bumble Bee was better but its not as fun as having freeking gingerbread! I love it when my cheap prepaid phone is more capable than the expensive ones everyone else has. Edit* 5 widgets a live wallpaper and just 3g and clock speeds of 408-764 for the norm.

Truthfully 6 hours is pretty awesome. We will probably never be able to completely perform on GB like Froyo. Probably the best advise is to keep a spare battery. blarf has said that is unacceptable but with what people want to do with this phone its the best solution.