Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: Increase Internal Memory Optimus V?

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    How's swapper2 working for you on pac rom. I had more stalls and freeze ups with it.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
    I finally managed to get it to play along with the system by putting it on the system. I first installed app after installing the sd ext script. Then converted to system app with Link2SD ( I just use it to delete system apps I don't need, and convert apps to system) which is till the best at deleting system apps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Increase Internal Memory Optimus V?

Yah you do need to reboot else Link2SD won't see the new partition. I was mightily confused by that. Once you do and restart Link2SD it'll ask you what's the filesystem of the second partition. In this case having used FAT32 you select FAT32/16. Then it gives you a message saying Mount script created and asks to reboot and you should be good from there.

To be honest if your memory is clogged up you don't even really need the second partition because (1) Link2SD lets you remove the bloatware system apps and (2) it lets you move the "unmoveable" user apps to the card using the normal "apps2d method" to such an extent that I find I don't need the second partition. So I got rid of it which is just the same as setting it up in the first place although you will get a message on the status bar saying the SD card is messed up with increased my pucker factor significantly but just reboot and it'll be sorted. I verified with my DiskUsage app. Perhaps in the future I might set it up if I find it necessary but right now I have 46 MB free on the phone and anything I might want to install such as Facebook I'll just chuck it over to the memory card.

it's still useful to have Link2SD though as it lets you make much fuller use of your Root privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by mngl1500 View Post
    Or you do not even have to use recovery mode if you use software on your pc to setup the sd card properly as I did in my post here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12