Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree22Likes

ROM
    BobZhome's GB Rom

Default Re: [FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms

this is to confusing for me :/ im using ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.7 im using the slide rom
    [Rom] slide rom overclocked/picasticks kernel 9/1/11
    it flashes successfully. then when i reboot it goes to the LG logo and then i get the black screen. help please
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #252  
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

sounds like your recovery works, which is a lovely thing.
    try flashing this:
    picasticks remix
    it's a recompiled version of the kernel that outdated ROM is using.
    post results, please.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.

i used the recovery image bc my phone was stuck on clockworkmod, my phone boots up now, but it gets to the screen with a green android and it says to touch the android to begin and nothing is working on my screen, its like its not recognizing im touching it. also, when i tried to boot back up into recovery, it doesnt work. someone please help!

THANK YOU! i JUST FIGURED IT OUT AFTER 3 DAYS!. Being so old ... all the links I need were dead! There are so many ways to do it and there are 2 phones the 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. Some people were unaware of that in giving advice ... I read so many threads lol.

I finally found what I need here. The Xionia WMA Recovery Flashable 1.251 zip!!!! Wow

This for anybody who still is messing with the Optimus V 2.2.2. I rooted it wit Superoneclick, I installed Rom manager and Clockworkmod recovery and made a back up, I thought. overdrive rom, and it was great. Then I reset my personal data, and I could not recover, install, install updates. It would just keep returning to the clockworkmod menu. I found out this was because of the rom manager and the 2.2.2 LGOV. The 2.2.1 works with the Rom Manager. I just flashed the recovery image and my phones back.

I cant get ADB to work on my computer. Im not sure what FREE back up sysyem is best for the V? The wholetime I thought I was working on a 2.2.1 ... but after the recovery .... phone info says (Android Version 2.2.2) (Build Number overdrive2.2)

Thanks, I read so many posts .... Big Squids comments always got my attention and after a wild goose chase and alot of confusion, I end up on this page. Thank you.

PSPSPSPS .... How do I thank you ... on this site????

Moral of the story .... DONT use Rom Manager if you have a LG Optimus V 2.2.2! Don't do it! Not because Rom manager is bad ... just bad for this phone.The 2.2.1 has a different screen than the newer 2.2.2. The rom manager was not built to work with the screens so they brick. Both phone are just as good, just a communication problem. Anyways if your still using a LGOV go to - settings - Phone info - and check for Version 2.2.2 or 2.2.1 before you do anything else.

I rooted with superoneclick and gingerbreak. Z4 root app failed on the 2.2.2

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I tried going back to my stock Gelato ROM, and did wipe data via recovery, but for some reason never could get it to go past the animation... just looped again and again. I tried flashing with the Mobster ROM, and got just a black screen. Found the Xionia WMA Recovery Flashable 1.251 zip on this thread, booted into recovery and flashed. Now it doesn't boot, and I can't even access recovery.

I can load ADB; but not sure how to connect my device... it's plugged in via usb. Do I need to use SDK? any suggestions? I backed up my ROM before doing anything. Just really would like to get back into recovery!

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by javapop View Post
    I tried going back to my stock Gelato ROM, and did wipe data via recovery, but for some reason never could get it to go past the animation... just looped again and again. I tried flashing with the Mobster ROM, and got just a black screen. Found the Xionia WMA Recovery Flashable 1.251 zip on this thread, booted into recovery and flashed. Now it doesn't boot, and I can't even access recovery.

I can load ADB; but not sure how to connect my device... it's plugged in via usb. Do I need to use SDK? any suggestions? I backed up my ROM before doing anything. Just really would like to get back into recovery!
    You need to go to the optimus slider forums and ask there how to proceed. The reason you can't boot to recovery now is because you flashed a recovery for the optimus v onto your slider. Never flash roms/recoveries from other phone models onto your phone....

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    You need to go to the optimus slider forums and ask there how to proceed. The reason you can't boot to recovery now is because you flashed a recovery for the optimus v onto your slider. Never flash roms/recoveries from other phone models onto your phone....

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
    I would also suggest installing Droid@Screen on the computer. It might let you see the recovery menu on you computer. Your screen drivers are deffinetly not what is required for the recovery you installed.
    Get the proper recovery in it's zipped form, put it on the sd card and use Droid@Screen to see the recovery menu so you can flash the appropiate recovery for your phone in it's zipped form. Then choose the reboot recovery option in the advanced section of the Xionia recovery to boot into the recovery you just flashed (flash it like a ROM, no need to wipe anything).

Volume rockers control scroll. Home or Menu control selection (if you try the Home button and the screen on the Droid@Screen app goes blank, just push it again and try the Menu button).

ROM
    Cold as Ice

BobZhome made a cwm recovery for the slider. You should be able to google around and find his homepage. There aren't a lot of roms out there for the slider. For some reason the developers never got behind it.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Actualy the slider has a twin sort of. Like the V and the S. The ROMs for this other twin (can't remember it's name) when patched should work as well. Did a lot of forum browsing over at AF when I was a Guide, which is how I know this little tidbit of info.
    I remember stuff like this and can't remember what I ate yeasterday. Go figure.
    Thanked by:

I think that twin is the optimus Q, not too sure tho

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    AndyOpie150 likes this.

I am also experiencing that. First I've flashed GRI40.zip Rom which I've thought that is my original rom,then I succeed flashing it in recovery mod using clockworkmod but the problem is , The Screen is black ,"Application settings unexpected stopped" It pops like this, I can't go to recovery mode,and My computer(xp) cant read my device..

Help please I'm begging . I Don't want to be embarrased

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Taneca View Post
    I am also experiencing that. First I've flashed GRI40.zip Rom which I've thought that is my original rom,then I succeed flashing it in recovery mod using clockworkmod but the problem is , The Screen is black ,"Application settings unexpected stopped" It pops like this, I can't go to recovery mode,and My computer(xp) cant read my device..

Help please I'm begging . I Don't want to be embarrased
    Do you have an Optimus V? If so, you can boot to recovery using the button combo. With the phone off, hold volume down, home, and power for about 5 seconds until the lg logo pops up. Once in recovery you can restore a backup or flash a new rom.

I was having the situation where after accidentally using factory restore from the settings menu, I was only able to boot into my recovery, which originally was CWM, I then installed Zengarden to remove the boot loop and that did not work, trying to do factory upgrade to ZV5 did not work either. Installing Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_VM_Recovery-signed.zip from within Zengarden recovery did work. thank you.
    Thanked by:
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011