[FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms

Christian Taneca

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I am also experiencing that. First I've flashed GRI40.zip Rom which I've thought that is my original rom,then I succeed flashing it in recovery mod using clockworkmod but the problem is , The Screen is black ,"Application settings unexpected stopped" It pops like this, I can't go to recovery mode,and My computer(xp) cant read my device..

Help please I'm begging . I Don't want to be embarrased :'(

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am also experiencing that. First I've flashed GRI40.zip Rom which I've thought that is my original rom,then I succeed flashing it in recovery mod using clockworkmod but the problem is , The Screen is black ,"Application settings unexpected stopped" It pops like this, I can't go to recovery mode,and My computer(xp) cant read my device..

Help please I'm begging . I Don't want to be embarrased :'(

Do you have an Optimus V? If so, you can boot to recovery using the button combo. With the phone off, hold volume down, home, and power for about 5 seconds until the lg logo pops up. Once in recovery you can restore a backup or flash a new rom.

Jose Jimenez6

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having the situation where after accidentally using factory restore from the settings menu, I was only able to boot into my recovery, which originally was CWM, I then installed Zengarden to remove the boot loop and that did not work, trying to do factory upgrade to ZV5 did not work either. Installing Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_VM_Recovery-signed.zip from within Zengarden recovery did work. thank you.

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the same problem. My Xolo black phone suddenly goes to black screen. some times it comes with bricked screen. But, Charging light and charging percent shows as normal. phone ring, sms tone is normal. but, I can not see anything in my phone screen. even I can not made phone to switched off. I completed Hard reset and Installed Hive developers ROM V-2. there after the screen as same. after battery fully drain, there after if I try to open the phone (In Charging Position), the phone open normally for few minutes. I tried to install Xolo Black official firmware as their instruction. but, not installed. (Reason- Failed to switched to emergency download mode). Adb not found my device.
Now, what can I do? Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot (45).png