Help! I'm trying to root my lg optimus v and im getting this!

cupcakesgoRAWR

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
SuperOneClick v1.8.0.0
Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing psneuter...
1875 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.305s)

OK

chmod psneuter...
error: closed

FAILED

What does it mean? I'm new to this and I don't know how to fix it?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the only SuperOneClick that works for the Optmus "V" is version 1.63. You have to select the Shell Root option,and then push su and Busybox with a command prompt.

That only works for the "V"s with OS version 2.2.1
If you have OS version 2.2.2 then you need to use the Gingerbreak.apk and then download a Busybox inataller from the market.
You will also need to download a terminal emulator and install the proper flash_image and a custom recovery.
Then make a backup of your system in the recovery(this is called a nandroid backup).
To install the Gingerbreak.apk go to the sticky at the top of this sub forum.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Some of the "V"s with the 2.2.2 OS have the Optimus "S" screen,which will make your screen go black when trying to install a recovery. If this happens go to the sticky with the same title.

isssacbourne

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Some of the "V"s with the 2.2.2 OS have the Optimus "S" screen,which will make your screen go black when trying to install a recovery. If this happens go to the sticky with the same title.

i'd say all of the new optimus v's being released at the moment have the the optimus s screen. i bought one recently and rooted it with gingerbreak and then attempted to flash clockworkmod with rom manager and got the black screen. i had an optimus v in the past and i remembered i didnt experience this problem so i thought it might've been defective. traded it for another one, did the whole thing over again and ended up with the same problem. safe to say all new optimus v phones have the optimus s screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan