thought i figured it out.. then failed.

nateomach

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
so like most people probably did i installed clockworkMod recovery this has caused me to be unable to install certain roms, themes and such. so i thought that i figured out how to get xonia recovery onto my phone so i downloaded xonia recovery and the flash image file and renamed the xonia file recovery.img and moved it into romtools and moved the flash image file into rom tools as well did a temporary root and had it install the recovery onto my phone and when it rebooted it into recovery it was still clockworkMod. so anyone who knows how to remove clockwork and put xonia on please lemme know

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've always just done it this way.

have whatever .img recovery you want on your sd card. you can rename it or not. (in my example it's named recovery.img)

then go into terminal.

Code:
su
cd /sdcard
flash_image recovery recovery.img

Now if flash_image doesn't work, there's a zip somewhere that you install to your phone to give you that ability. If you want to reboot into recovery directly after that just issue
Code:
reboot recovery

Reactions: nateomach

nateomach

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
did the codes and it didnt say any errors but also didnt say anything at all other then the codes i entered hopefully it worked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21