[MOD] Harmonious Bumblebee 2.2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Harmonious Bumblebee 2.1

There is no problem.
There are hundreds of Harmonia 1.7 installs and the installer being used has been used on thousands of installs with only a few problems. This is a bad download or bad flash, nothing more.

One thing I highly recommend is using a host that lets you see how many times it has been downloaded, otherwise you have no idea the number of bad installs vs good and will keep making assumptions that the exceptions are the rule.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Is it possible that when editing the Harmonia zip file to create this mod I could mess up something like this as well?

I mean I did test it out on my own OV before uploading it, however I do have an old OV. I doubt that anything I did would affect the kernel though, since everything was mostly cosmetic or surface modifications...

Does mediafire keep track of download count?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Is it possible that when editing the Harmonia zip file to create this mod I could mess up something like this as well?

I mean I did test it out on my own OV before uploading it, however I do have an old OV. I doubt that anything I did would affect the kernel though, since everything was mostly cosmetic or surface modifications...

Does mediafire keep track of download count?
Only if you edited the installer will you have messed it up.

Yes, Mediafire lets you track the numbers.

Reactions: jdcnosse

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Only if you edited the installer will you have messed it up.

Yes, Mediafire lets you track the numbers.

Ahhhhh alright then. And nope the installer is still the same, I'm not that confident with Android programming yet to do that lol

EDIT: I checked the numbers, and it's pretty awesome to know that it's even been downloaded by other people lol let alone almost 100 people.

Last edited:

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I can't remove Titanium Backup or upgrade it. Seems to be a system app that can't be removed, even with root uninstaller.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't remove Titanium Backup or upgrade it. Seems to be a system app that can't be removed, even with root uninstaller.

You should be able to at least remove it and update it. Idk if you can upgrade it since it's on the system partition. But you should be able to use any file manager with root capabilities to delete the apk from /system/app/

crzftx

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I fixed it. I flashed the modified picasticks kernel from this thread. Everything works as intended now.

Perfect! This worked, and now I can see everything just fine.

There is no problem.
There are hundreds of Harmonia 1.7 installs and the installer being used has been used on thousands of installs with only a few problems. This is a bad download or bad flash, nothing more.

One thing I highly recommend is using a host that lets you see how many times it has been downloaded, otherwise you have no idea the number of bad installs vs good and will keep making assumptions that the exceptions are the rule.

"There is no problem ... This is a bad download or bad flash, nothing more."
I find that statement rather frightening coming from a developer. Three different downloads of Harmonia (Harmonia 1.7, Harmonious Bumblebee 2.0 & 2.1). Same exact flash procedure with two (now three) successful ROMs. Unless flashing the updated picasticks kernel is an explicit requirement that I did not read (which this thread implies it should work out of the box), this is on your end.

To what matters, the mod (and Harmonia) look great. Everything seems to be flawlessly working after a few minutes of testing. Looking forward to some great battery life.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

That's because HB 2.0 and 2.1 are based on Harmonia 1.7. The main base for any HB 2.x will always be Harmonia 1.7. Basically what I did is take the Harmonia zip file, delete some apps from /system/app, add some apps there; then I took the two useful scripts that bumblebee had that I didn't see in Harmonia (the sdcardfix script and the vast hosts file).

The deepest change was unpacking framework-res.apk to change the default background. But for the most part, Harmonia and HB should run basically the same.

That is why you noticed the problem across all three ROMs. Because basically they're all the same, with minor top-level changes.

crzftx

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

That's because HB 2.0 and 2.1 are based on Harmonia 1.7. The main base for any HB 2.x will always be Harmonia 1.7. Basically what I did is take the Harmonia zip file, delete some apps from /system/app, add some apps there; then I took the two useful scripts that bumblebee had that I didn't see in Harmonia (the sdcardfix script and the vast hosts file).

The deepest change was unpacking framework-res.apk to change the default background. But for the most part, Harmonia and HB should run basically the same.

That is why you noticed the problem across all three ROMs. Because basically they're all the same, with minor top-level changes.

Exactly. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Just trying to provide counter-evidence to the "could be a bad download" claim. But again, not important. Everything is still working fine.
If you release another update, would you mind shortening the text in the notification drop-down to just 1 line of text? Just a suggestion.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Just trying to provide counter-evidence to the "could be a bad download" claim. But again, not important. Everything is still working fine.
If you release another update, would you mind shortening the text in the notification drop-down to just 1 line of text? Just a suggestion.
In the meantime, jdcnosse posted how to edit the file yourself somewhere in the middle of the thread (you can change it to show anything you want). I remember trying Harmonious Bumblebee first without the version #, but it still took 2 lines. You'll need a file manager with root permissions like Root Explorer to be able to do the edit directly on the phone (requires reboot to see the change).

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'll probably do that this weekend. Started working again! woohoo :p even if it's just a seasonal job, I like money :)

taha1112

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

@jdcnosse can you add the new market apk in the rom?

I installed the new market 3.1.3 with these steps:

1. Download new market from here
2. rename that APK file from "com.android.vending.3.1.3.apk" to "market.apk"
3. Uninstall market from Root Uninstaller (available from android market) or Titanium Backup.
4. Use any root explorer to go into /system/app/ and then copy and paste the market.apk there
5. Reboot

My new market is working without a hitch, I hope this helps.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

See the reason it's not included is because the creator of Harmonia (which this is based off of) couldn't get the new market to work with the other modifications to the ROM. I don't have access to the source code, but I can try.

However I can let you know that many people had problems trying to get it to work.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It will work, except for purchases, purchases cause a force close.

Try buying something, before you get to the authorize it will FC.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Any reason people like the new market better? I prefer the version included with this ROM. It shows the version # of the app without having to go into the detailed description of the app and scroll down to the bottom of that. And the "My Apps" link on the home screen is more convenient.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

New version!

Harmonious Bumblebee 2.2 - download link: HB-public22-2.zip
MD5: 88fe8caed952a8b9b4da5d9eda85d55d

updated Superuser, Google Music, noFrills CPU, Dolphin Browser, File Manager, and hosts file in /system/etc.

changed status bar (no longer on two lines) and updater-script (now says "Harmonious Bumblebee" instead of "Harmonia")

dacullen

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Will reflashing 2.2 over 2.0 with clearing the data partition work:-X I'd like to avoid reinstalling everything

Thanks in advance

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It should work...since 2.2 just has updated apps. However you might run into problems if any of the updated apps in 2.2 are updated in your version of 2.0, since they'll be two copies of the same file in two different places basically.

So I'd recommend un-installing any updates to the apps that we're updated (in my post above) before wiping cache and dalvik

Last edited:

ksu515

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with Lockups? I.E. having to pull the battery. I just flashed this ROM yesterday morning and have had to pull the battery at least 5 times. Also, my Yahoo and Facebook accounts keep disappearing on every reboot. the only one that stays is my gmail.