So what's your quadrant benchmarks?

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the latest BACKside-IHO 7.1.0-RC1 with Gingerkernel2.6.35.7 v03+drew buildhost #2
I get 950-1025 just above a samsung Galaxy S.
That is running only the quadrant benchmark for accurate results.
low is on demand, high is always over 1000 on performance

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Running the 9-26 build of MiRaGe. Quadrant score 1154-1300 with a clock of 825/825 Performance

PLEASE DON'T FORGET THESE DON'T COUNT AGAINST OV RUNNING FROYO

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Quadrant on the OV is useless.
It registers a stagefright crash as an early test finish, giving you a completely false result.

Your actual result is somewhere around 400, NOT 1100.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
@LeslieAnn - Think u meant OV running GB ROMs. OV running Froyo has correct scores with Quadrant.

I think most people know it alrdy and with it in mind u can still see differences. It is not like every single benchmark comes out with the exact same number which would really make it useless. If we are only comparing OVs against each other the playing field is even. So there is some value in these benchmark as long as u don't try saying the OV these number stack up against numbers produced by other phones/devices or other non-GB ROMs.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
OV running Froyo has correct scores with Quadrant.
It's not the rom or phone.
It depends on Stagefright, if enabled, they will be wrong, not all OV Froyo roms have it disabled.

Because it only works on some roms, it's a useless test for comparing between them. It's fine for a joke, but not a benchmark.

Also, it has been shown that most (OV) roms/phones, at similar clock speeds run similar.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not the rom or phone.
It depends on Stagefright, if enabled, they will be wrong, not all OV Froyo roms have it disabled.

Because it only works on some roms, it's a useless test for comparing between them. It's fine for a joke, but not a benchmark.

Also, it has been shown that most (OV) roms/phones, at similar clock speeds run similar.

Can u name one Froyo ROM for the OV "not dead" that gives the 1000+ Quadrant scores? Hell is there even a dead one, bc I have used just about everything single ROM for the OV 4-5 times and haven't had one froyo ROM give me a 1000+ score. Not saying u can't go in and turn it on to make it fail the benchmark but I don't know of any froyo ROM with it enabled unless urs is since 1.5+. I haven't been able to flash it with RA-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM which uses both scripts.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Can u name one Froyo ROM for the OV "not dead" that gives the 1000+ Quadrant scores? Hell is there even a dead one, bc I have used just about everything single ROM for the OV 4-5 times and haven't had one give me a 1000+ score. Not saying u can't go in and turn it on to make it fail the benchmark but I don't know of any froyo ROM with it enabled unless urs is since 1.5+. I haven't been able to flash it with RA-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM which uses both scripts.

Off the top of my head...
Certain Rodimus versions and at least one Stock + Xionia did (not sure if it was released though).
I think Reborn may have as well.

At one time (2 months ago?) there was renewed interest in it because people had forgotten the side effects so there may have been a few others put out that way.

As for not dead vs dead...
There are still people running Bumblebee, Reborn, Rodimus, Aphrodite, and even Stock + Xionia. Dead or not, people still run them. While they work, there is too many benefits to newer roms in my opinion.

Harmonia hasn't changed since 1.3.1 except the install script, which now works like it should. A less perfect version for newer phones will be out soon using an older Xionia kernel.

Update:
Mobius still has it enabled.
Reborn may have on a prior version but current doesn't say. The devs are for the S though and most of the ported S roms and roms by S devs had it enabled. I'm not double checking any others.

Last edited:

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Can I disable stagefright or get an accurate testing apk?, I amm satisfied with the fact that gdm runs in linuxchroot & works very well, I use this kernel because with chroot in the background things aren't too slowed down, mp3 player maybe skippy but I'm only in gdm for iceweasel to view otherwise inaccessible web sites, I set user agent to Internet Explorer 10 & it's great, I base my selection on running my gdm apps. Right now MMS & usb mass storage dont work but I prefer the internet for non resized photos, rarely use a computer either. I hope to update my Gingerkernel with that working, since they are working on porting it.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought but those lines no longer exist I will try adding them.
I have switched to Sonygen& gutted it, gdm seems to work a bit faster maybe it's just me
flashed Gingerkernel as well...
-edit:
do you know what this is?

# BRAVIA HACK
ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
persist.service.swiqi.enable=1