I bricked my optimus v and need help

joegti10

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought it would be a good idea tonight to try doing this...

It didnt work out well and had another good idea to do a factory reset.

Now when I turn the phone on I get a black screen. Same for when I do a power/home/vol down

Help.

johnp012001

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM - Android Forums

The the link for what i was doing originally...ugh.

I did have the phone rooted when I did the reset.

Did you read the first post of the post you linked to? Did you search this forum before you started a new post? Note, the first line is posted in RED in the first post of the thread you linked to.

- Do NOT use Android Settings 'Factory Reset', only do factory reset & wipes from within recovery mode. Most ROMs should have this option removed from the Android settings. If you get stuck in recovery bootloop, flash the Xionia recovery zip (from within recovery), then reboot & select 'fix bootloop' option to get out: Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you should read and reread before doing anything. Ok, I scolded you now for a fix. You can go here to read on how to fix your phone.

Ddevil6669

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
the same thing happened to me before there was all these posts on how to fix your bricked phone.But just in case u can't fix your phone, just call virgin mobile and tell them that the phone will not boot or that it is defective and that you want them to send you a new one.the phone has a one year warranty. The good thing is that they send you a new one before you send yours.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
the same thing happened to me before there was all these posts on how to fix your bricked phone.But just in case u can't fix your phone, just call virgin mobile and tell them that the phone will not boot or that it is defective and that you want them to send you a new one.the phone has a one year warranty. The good thing is that they send you a new one before you send yours.

Of course that would be fraud... Just about every post about rooting and replacing ROM's on here mention that do this voids the warranty. You made the mistake not the manufacturer....

As previously stated: "Making manufacturers eat the cost of your decision encourages restrictive policies that hurt us all. "