Possible to flash VM670 ESN to work on Droid X?

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have a question... I have a Droid X with a bad ESN from Verizon. I was wondering if it was at all possible to clone the ESN from my LG Optimus V to my Droid X and if it would work. I know it's a long shot but was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks guys!

-JWT

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
what I've read says it's ok to reflash a lost esn if your device gets zeroed but not to transfer one from device to device.
doesn't stop people from doing it, it's just not considered kosher.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
In nearly all cases ESN# are not flashable in the normal sense. Within the ESN is the how-to for the carrier to use the phone. So the ESN for an OV will not allow the carrier to use the Droid X properly. Same as the MAC address on a modem allowing your ISP to use the modem.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Do Not Clone A Phone!!!!

Yea what he said , lol
In a best case scenario you read NV items, do some hex deciphering which is easy, back up the NV items, change the sets that match your current ESN. easily fixed with your backup note or file of what u changed. I've read that some phones have it in multiple places but only 1 or 2 need be changed, items can be dumped into files, the phone rom changed a file comparison can saw out what items you don't need to look at, I've shared all I'm going to, Good Luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante