Post here how you save battery!

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering what you guys are doing to get the most out of your batteries! Things such as apps you're using or what root able things you guys are doing

What I'm doing is keeping my phone strictly at 600mhz when I'm just texting and turning off my 3g when I know ill have crappy service (such as in most public buildings... lol)

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I actually have my phone overclocked a little and have it set up so when the screen is off it goes down to 245MHz. Also when in wifi area like my house, i turn wifi on and have it set to stay on even when in standby mode. It actually saves battery because it does not have to search for 4g or 3g since it is using wifi. A whole night from lets say 10pm to 7am and it will go from a hundred percent to 99 at most. :) its great.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually have my phone overclocked a little and have it set up so when the screen is off it goes down to 245MHz. Also when in wifi area like my house, i turn wifi on and have it set to stay on even when in standby mode. It actually saves battery because it does not have to search for 4g or 3g since it is using wifi. A whole night from lets say 10pm to 7am and it will go from a hundred percent to 99 at most. :) its great.
I've been told that over clocking really low doesn't save battery if anything makes it worse. That's why I don't overclock below 480

Reactions: SAENZ_SCENE

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
latest BACKside Gingerbread CM7 ROM.

wifi off unless im near my own wifi source (home, friends pad, work) brightness is controlled by sliding my finger on the status bar, so i keep it low but adjust as needed for where I'm at.

background data and 3G always on. I have great coverage and fast speeds here, its not a battery drain to leave it on.

CPU clocked at 480 low and 806 High. governor set to Smartass

from the moment my phone leaves the charger, its my MP3 player, almost constantly blasting music, then its my navigation, using the gps radio and 3G data for a couple hours a day. I dont make many calls but I browse the web like crazy. At the end of the day I'll watch some videos on netflix or Revision 3.

by the time Im ready to charge it again its at 20% or so. but it lasts about 16 hours on my normal days.

It used to never go past 8 hours. so whatever happened in the new IHO roms im happy for, it doubled my battery life by far

Reactions: JerryScript

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I only really use JuiceDefender to turn off things like Wi-Fi and 3G when I'm not using them. that helps. I also go into airplane mode while at school, and that helps. I usually have about 50% when I go to bed at like 10. (I wake up at 5am.) I love my Harmonia<3

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel like if you text a lot like I do then juice defender would waste more battery than not because I turn my screen on and off constantly to read and send text

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been told that over clocking really low doesn't save battery if anything makes it worse. That's why I don't overclock below 480

I underclocked my phone,with 480 the max during Hurricane Irene... my battery lasted several days, drastically better than normal configuration that gets me a single day.

0saka

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. I've tried JuiceDefender, GreenPower, different scheduling programs, and the like. None seemed to make much of a difference, if any. The only thing that made any noticeable difference was turning off mobile data (3G) entirely, but that was a pain because I'd have to re-enable if I wanted to browse the web away from wifi or receive MMS, so I just left it on. But that certainly made a big difference.

But now I keep everything at default (using Harmonia, not sure if it has any settings that override basic Android settings), and get 2-3 days of battery life all the time, and never worry about chargers in my car, at work, or at home. How? I got the 3000mAh extended battery and never looked back. :p

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Unless ur using GB and actually turning off 3g it doesn't turn off when wifi is turned on since u need 3g to receive MMS.

As for what I use for battery savings. I bought a 3000mAh battery and I manually toggle everything. With the 3000mAh battery I don't really worry about saving battery life but more making the phone not lag. I literally try to kill my phone by the end of the day just to switch to my other 3000mAh battery that is sitting on the charger.

After months of trying to squeeze as much battery life outa the stock ones. I noticed $30 would make it where I didn't have to worry about it ever again with the OV.

I use IHO with a Froyo ROM I cant get less than 2 days out of it.

Last edited:

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the status bar toggles. I keep things off when I don't need them and use ondemand setting. I'm curious about airplane mode, even if I boot with all toggles off in airplane mode the phone will check&recieve notification for voicemail. I haven't actually checked that on my OV yet but it did on Sprint, I'm going to test that later today for Virgin.
I keep my screen dimmed indoors as well.

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
latest BACKside Gingerbread CM7 ROM.

wifi off unless im near my own wifi source (home, friends pad, work) brightness is controlled by sliding my finger on the status bar, so i keep it low but adjust as needed for where I'm at.

background data and 3G always on. I have great coverage and fast speeds here, its not a battery drain to leave it on.

CPU clocked at 480 low and 806 High. governor set to Smartass

from the moment my phone leaves the charger, its my MP3 player, almost constantly blasting music, then its my navigation, using the gps radio and 3G data for a couple hours a day. I dont make many calls but I browse the web like crazy. At the end of the day I'll watch some videos on netflix or Revision 3.

by the time Im ready to charge it again its at 20% or so. but it lasts about 16 hours on my normal days.

It used to never go past 8 hours. so whatever happened in the new IHO roms im happy for, it doubled my battery life by far

same here

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae