Email is not working in Harmonia_2b1

cdcooker

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
After flashing the Harmonia_2b1 and then the gapps, the Email program is not working properly. The icon of the Email app is the stock Android generic icon, not the Email icon on all stock Android phone. When I set up hotmail, it crashes all the time.

Please help. Thanks

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
That was a known bug on day 2 (the one real bug it seems).
You can swap it out, but it will not work as is. Just use a rooted file manager to delete the email.apk and download it from the market (if you can). Otherwise you can just flash Gapps.

cdcooker

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi LeslieAnn,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am new to this root and custom ROM world. So please bear with me for some trivial question.

Does File Manger came with your ROM a rooted file manager? If yes, where is the path of the email.apk? I can't find this email program from the Android Market. Any other place that I can download it?

Your second suggestion is the re-flash the Gapps. So, just go back to CWM Recovery, and do the flash of the gapps zip file again and it will fix the problem? Do I need to backup anything first other than for safety reason?

BTW, do you have a page that have all the know bugs listed that I can refer to? Other than this Email problem, I have a couple more. 1st, the voice hardware button, the one next to the camera shutter button, on Optimus V is not working. It appears not to associate with any voice related action, like dialing, search, etc. 2nd, USB mass storage is not working. I use the same USB cable to connect my computer, the stock Optimus V ROM will have a screen for me to enable USB mass storage once I connect the phone to a computer. This ROM won't.

Thanks in advance.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi LeslieAnn,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am new to this root and custom ROM world. So please bear with me for some trivial question.

Does File Manger came with your ROM a rooted file manager? If yes, where is the path of the email.apk? I can't find this email program from the Android Market. Any other place that I can download it?

Your second suggestion is the re-flash the Gapps. So, just go back to CWM Recovery, and do the flash of the gapps zip file again and it will fix the problem? Do I need to backup anything first other than for safety reason?

BTW, do you have a page that have all the know bugs listed that I can refer to? Other than this Email problem, I have a couple more. 1st, the voice hardware button, the one next to the camera shutter button, on Optimus V is not working. It appears not to associate with any voice related action, like dialing, search, etc. 2nd, USB mass storage is not working. I use the same USB cable to connect my computer, the stock Optimus V ROM will have a screen for me to enable USB mass storage once I connect the phone to a computer. This ROM won't.

Thanks in advance.
Harmonia 2 was a demonstration or test, it wasn't meant as an everyday rom, hence the B at the end, designating beta. More than a few of us did run it as an everyday rom successfully though. It was quick and dirty to test response to it and see how well it was going to work. Shortly after Kernel.org was hacked and put a halt on development, which has yet to resume (I need to get on it and fix the build box). This is why there is no page documenting the issues.

The stock manager is not rooted.
You can flash Gapps without problem, but make a nandroid backup first.
The voice button is an IHO issue, not Harmonia 2 issue.
I never heard of problems with the usb cable with it.

Try one of the newer IHO builds, H2 was good, but it's dated compared to newer IHO builds.

cdcooker

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Try one of the newer IHO builds, H2 was good, but it's dated compared to newer IHO builds.

H2 here you meant Harmonia 2? Why it is dated if it is in beta? I download it from the sticky's link to IHO ROMs. I tested all different ROMs from there, and I like the Harmonia the most. I don't know it is beta at that time. So 1.6.1c is from a newer build? Which is the most stable Harmonia build based on CM7.1? I like the theme on the status bar, very unique than other ROMs. Does 1.6.1c has the same status bar theme. Or I can download (where to download?) and flash on any ROM, not just Harmonia?

Also, I know CM7.1 added touch focus on the camera app. However, on all the ROMs I tested, non of them has this option available, and when i touch the screen, there is no focusing going on. Focus can still only be done thru the hardware or software shutter button.

Another question is for voicemail. It seems like the green voice mail icon is always on the status bar as long as there is voice message in my account, even though they are saved message. For the stock froyo ROM, once I heard the message, safe it or not, the icon will disappear.

One more bug I found. The Phone app defaults to the contact page, instead of the dialpad.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
H2= Harmonia 2

Harmonia 1.6.1c is Harmonia 1.3.1 with a new installer. It is still Froyo, always will be. It's also quite stable and it's minor issues are well known. It is not beta, but it is also not Gingerbread.

Harmonia 2 is still beta (and there was only one version of it to date that was made public)
Beta's are outdated fast because they are still in development. IHO development, which H2 is based on has been moving at a rapid rate. IHO is finally just beyond where I would say it's no longer beta, but it still has regular issues pop up here and there. Being that it changes so fast, IHO roms become dated at an extremely fast rate.

Since H2's release, the repository was changed, battery life has been improved and a number of bugs have been fixed and a few new ones created. The kernel has gotten better as well with the release of the Optimus S Gingerbread rom, and support for the new screens is now standard. This isn't everything that has changed, these are just the basics.

Just after making H2, the repository where some key files were stored was hacked, so for a while I was unable to build new versions. My build box is working again (which I update dureing the down time) so a newer H2 is coming once I get around to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante