Best rom for gaming.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Looking for the best rom for gaming. Good performance and good battery life.

-Thanks

IHO BACKside.

gingerbread has a number of under-the-hood improvements that directly affect the performance of apps such as games.

the hardware of the phone however isnt supported by all games.

you wont be playing Modern Combat or anything like that on this phone. ever.

i usually run gingerbread but ive been running that Harmonious-Bumblebee froyo rom on my phone for the last 5 or 6 days and the battery life is slightly less than what I get on the newest IHO roms. also performance in need for speed shift is much less. noticeably stuttery and laggy. played fine on gingerbread

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I also vote for BACKSIDE IHO. Ive been running since the oct 17th release and couldn't be happier with its stability and performance so far. I'm having a really hard time installing any other rom after I tried backside, and I tried all of the IHO builds and Froyo. The only problem is if you overclock your phone you will spend some time trying to find the most stable overclock, but that applies to any other rom.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh my god I just ran the script and my phone is blazing fast now its unbelievable. This should come standard with all custom roms...I love this forum

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
bumblebee was stable when abandoned, it still counts unless you have a new screen ov... then you have to use bumblebee patched with another kernel.
lots of people have said they got good game speeds with bumblebee... it's just that it's froyo and the dev hasn't been around a while to answer questions.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
bumblebee was stable when abandoned, it still counts unless you have a new screen ov... then you have to use bumblebee patched with another kernel.
lots of people have said they got good game speeds with bumblebee... it's just that it's froyo and the dev hasn't been around a while to answer questions.

Most of the Froyo roms are that way.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't we only have 2 ROMs left? IHO and Harmonia, plus the Harmonious Bumblebee MOD.

And the mod is basically Harmonia with some graphical changes from Bumblebee really...but the base is all Harmonia. So there's really only two currently being developed.