1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connect to a channel 14 wifi ap?

So I just upgraded my linksys wrt54g to the dd-wrt firmware, and it allows me to select a channel 13 or 14 for the wifi. Previously it was 1-12. Now when I try to use 13 and 14, my optimus wont find the access point. Im running harmonia at the moment, and I think ill try an IHO build to see if it works. Does anyone know if the optimus's radio hardware is limited to channels 1-12? Or is it a software limitation...
    Optimus V w/ MiRaGe CM7.2 @ 768mhz, latest sprint PRL

ROM
    modified BACKside

Default Re: Connect to a channel 14 wifi ap?

It's because in the US the standard is 1 to 11, "we" don't use the 12-14 channel. I am positive there is at least one ROM here that let's you set the channel range. it wasn't Harmonia though. could have been bumblebee or IHO though.

For more info:
    o_O

ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

not sure about the other flavors, mrg iho has it.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.

ROM
    modified BACKside

All I remember is when I was playing with ROMs, I noticed the setting in the advanced settings area of wifi. I wanna say it was a froyo ROM but that really only leaves Bumblebee (I've tried Harmonia and Bumblebee from the froyo ROMs)

The 14 channel set can be found within the WiFi advance settings within Bumblebee.

Matterfact I'm on channel 13 on my WRT-54G router with DD-WRT within my V.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Maybe the main purpose your alive is to serve as a warning to others~

ROM
    modified BACKside

But if you change the channel and you have other devices that use the wifi, make sure it works for them too lol

I have DD-wrt but am using one of the "normal" channels because we have 2 computers and 2 phones that use the wifi, plus the Wii
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by economichitman View Post
    So I just upgraded my linksys wrt54g to the dd-wrt firmware, and it allows me to select a channel 13 or 14 for the wifi. Previously it was 1-12. Now when I try to use 13 and 14, my optimus wont find the access point. Im running harmonia at the moment, and I think ill try an IHO build to see if it works. Does anyone know if the optimus's radio hardware is limited to channels 1-12? Or is it a software limitation...
    if you use one of the IHO ROMs, as I do, go to settings, wireless & networks, wi-fi settings, hit menu button, select advanced menu, select regulatory domain, select number of channels to use. Not sure if harmonia has this function or not but that's how to find it in IHO.
    Join the dark side. We have cookies.