Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Anonymo
  • 1 Post By mattrb
  • 4 Post By JerryScript
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    r00t's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Do you think the LG Optimus V will be able to sport Android Ice Cream Sandwich? It seems like the Optimus V meets the of 256 MB RAM and a GPU processor. Not entirely sure if the GPU is good enough though. What are your thoughts on this?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Yep but we won't get it from LG. CM9 should work fine.
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation
  3. #3  
    icemank121's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

    Default

    The Adreno 200 GPU in the Optimus is also found in the Nexus One and other official Cyanogen phones.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Whyzor's Avatar

    Posts
    406 Posts
    ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    It depends on if someone like blarf can pick up the CM9 source and get it working on the OV when it comes out.
  5. #5  
    JerryScript's Avatar
    Daydream Believer

    Posts
    2,058 Posts
    ROM
    Victorious

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    ^^ +1
  6. #6  
    dwappo's Avatar

    Posts
    405 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-Rooted

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    The Optimus V doesn't even have Gingerbread yet ><, would be cool though.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwappo View Post
    The Optimus V doesn't even have Gingerbread yet ><, would be cool though.
    It does have Gingerbread. Gingerbread from LG, no. IHO is "official" enough for me. Better than official, ImHO.
    Thanked by 2:
    notown and zajrik like this.
  8. #8  
    dwappo's Avatar

    Posts
    405 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-Rooted

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymo View Post
    It does have Gingerbread. Gingerbread from LG, no. IHO is "official" enough for me. Better than official, ImHO.
    It does? I thought that was just on certain custom roms, not from Virgin Mobile, I meant VM isnt pushing GB to the Optimus V's lol, but yea I agree.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Late November early December is the earliest from what I hear.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    it will run just fine, dont you worry.

    its phones like the original G1 and Huawei Ascend that I worry about. it clearly wont work but someone will try. I feel sorry for people still rocking those.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  
    ryuusei94's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 1.6.1c

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post
    it will run just fine, dont you worry.

    its phones like the original G1 and Huawei Ascend that I worry about. it clearly wont work but someone will try. I feel sorry for people still rocking those.
    Hey i have the g1. >.> what is the best rom? For it?

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post
    it will run just fine, dont you worry.

    its phones like the original G1 and Huawei Ascend that I worry about. it clearly wont work but someone will try. I feel sorry for people still rocking those.
    It won't run on some older/cheaper phones because they lack enough internal storage and/or do not have good enough GPU. HTC Sense takes up a lot of space too and thus phone with it and minimal internal storage won't officially be updated. Of course there will be plenty of devs that will strip out what they can to make it work.
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    The optimus V will explode when you are talking if you put ICS on it.
    I put ICS on it and this happened. BEWARE!


    dwappo likes this.
  14. #14  
    JerryScript's Avatar
    Daydream Believer

    Posts
    2,058 Posts
    ROM
    Victorious

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Here's a Q/A session with the Ice Cream Sandwich man:

    When will the Optimus V get ICS?
    I Can't Say

    Will ICS work on the Optimus V?
    It Could Someday

    Why do I want ICS on the Optimus V?
    It's Clean & Sexy

    What mood will I be in when I hear someone has ported ICS to the Optimus V?
    In Complete Shock

    What if someone already has ICS now?
    Illegaly Compiled Software

    What are you doing right now?
    I'm Comatose, Shutup!
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    Here's a Q/A session with the Ice Cream Sandwich man:

    When will the Optimus V get ICS?
    I Can't Say

    Will ICS work on the Optimus V?
    It Could Someday

    Why do I want ICS on the Optimus V?
    It's Clean & Sexy

    What mood will I be in when I hear someone has ported ICS to the Optimus V?
    In Complete Shock

    What if someone already has ICS now?
    Illegaly Compiled Software

    What are you doing right now?
    I'm Comatose, Shutup!
    Was that a q&a with the ever soon intelligent Iris?
  16. #16  
    dwappo's Avatar

    Posts
    405 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-Rooted

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    @mattrb, Thats what happened to me when I saw it in my email.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    new here, sorry for the newb question...can't find an answer though.

    i just switched to VM and got their new optimus V slider...I am loving the phone. However I want to root this thing for some strange reason and I was going to upgrade to ICS.

    Based on the link in the opening question and following that, I am decently sure i meet requirements but I haven't even rooted yet. Given this phone is fresh to market, anyone have any epxerience rooting this particular phone? I was goign to follow directions for the Optimus V since the slider is the biggest difference with a slight upgrade to hardware from 600 to 800MHZ.

    Peace...
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by thefinancedude View Post
    new here, sorry for the newb question...can't find an answer though.

    i just switched to VM and got their new optimus V slider...I am loving the phone. However I want to root this thing for some strange reason and I was going to upgrade to ICS.

    Based on the link in the opening question and following that, I am decently sure i meet requirements but I haven't even rooted yet. Given this phone is fresh to market, anyone have any epxerience rooting this particular phone? I was goign to follow directions for the Optimus V since the slider is the biggest difference with a slight upgrade to hardware from 600 to 800MHZ.

    Peace...
    Welcome! ICS isn't out for any phone yet and there's a forum for the phone you do have here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/vir...ptimus-slider/
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Likelihood of seeing ICS on the Optimus V?

    Quote Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
    Welcome! ICS isn't out for any phone yet and there's a forum for the phone you do have here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/vir...ptimus-slider/
    My bad...I found that forum after rooting around...THANKS for the welcome!!!
  20. #20  

    Default

    Lol

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post
    it will run just fine, dont you worry.

    its phones like the original G1 and Huawei Ascend that I worry about. it clearly wont work but someone will try. I feel sorry for people still rocking those.
    Lol true

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B