Rooted Optimus V will not boot or enter any recovery mode anythin

Noahkt

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my friends VM optimus V with gingerbreak and she didnt like the rom she got and figured since she couldnt use the market app to just go ahead and factory restore it. Now i am stuck trying to fix a phone that just might be a $130 paper weight..... that being said i cant access any sort of recovery and the only thing i get is the lg screen at start up then goes to a black, back lit screen and i have no way of access the computer does not recognize it either. Is there anything i can do to resolve this issue. :confused:

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rooted Optimus V will not boot or enter any recovery mode any

I rooted my friends VM optimus V with gingerbreak and she didnt like the rom she got and figured since she couldnt use the market app to just go ahead and factory restore it. Now i am stuck trying to fix a phone that just might be a $130 paper weight..... that being said i cant access any sort of recovery and the only thing i get is the lg screen at start up then goes to a black, back lit screen and i have no way of access the computer does not recognize it either. Is there anything i can do to resolve this issue. :confused:

First thing you learned is to never root a phone that isn't yours. I almost broke my girlfriends sisters phone once. Her parents were not too happy lol. Anyways, many people have been in your position. There is atleast 80 threads out there with people doing similar things to factory reset. Look around and good luck

0saka

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar issue months back. I just couldn't get it to go into recovery mode. What I did: Pull the battery. Hold Vol Down+Home+Power. Insert battery while holding these keys down (get a friend if you're not dexterous enough to pull off this maneuver). It should power on immediately, show the LG screen, and while you keep holding down this button combo, enter Recovery Mode. Best of luck.

Optimus Creed

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Having the the exact same issue with my Optimus V. Tried the suggested method to get into recovery mode but each time, it failed. I used to be able to access recovery mode before things got screwed up.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Same thing with me i also tried the method above but failed but i can access the phone with adb and screencast but still nothing on the screen

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

hey im new to roms and recoverys etc. and i installed a few roms on my optimus v and i followed the instructions on a thread,i dont recall wich one, but i wiped data,cache,and dalvik cache,but i forgot to make a backup. when i went to install the rom,it gave me a long message saying that there was an error in the zip file type 0 or 7 intsallation aborted. Now when i try to start my phone it dosent start its stuck at the lg logo and it can only go to clockwork mod recovery. I tried everything from new roms to trying to flash the recovery with command prompt. I dont know what else to do and i cant get another one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781