Froyo help~

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Can someone post a guide or some sort to change how the reception bar changes. UOT kitchen doesn't offer it. I like the Rodimus rom, but hate the leftover space(Around 118 - 127). I also like the black and blue themed thing, but can someone help with changing the Reception Bars on other froyo roms to look like gingerbread?

EditEditEdit....
I only have taskbar with fail color now. :D

Last edited:

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
just use real gingerbread.

it has all the features of froyo, plus way more you probably never thought you needed until you get them.

install IHO, you wont look back :)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I switch back to IHO often, but I like Froyo a bit better. In about a hour, IHO becomes sluggish. I don't really install anything, and I use task killers. But I tried using lge-res for it, no effect.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
check in the framework-res.apk

I believe I recall seeing something like that in there, especially when I was playing around with the froyo theme bars in the Harmonia thread and a Froyo theme for CM7 that watskyhotsky found for me

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I switch back to IHO often, but I like Froyo a bit better. In about a hour, IHO becomes sluggish. I don't really install anything, and I use task killers. But I tried using lge-res for it, no effect.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

thats weird. I believe you. my optimus could run without being rebooted for a week or more, but my friends OV could barely run gingerbread. it was strange

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
thats weird. I believe you. my optimus could run without being rebooted for a week or more, but my friends OV could barely run gingerbread. it was strange

The only builds I have good succession with really is Bobzhome's. But he hasn't posted a new build yet, although his Mediafire thing has a Nov, 5, 2011 build. I checked before I posted this, lol. Maybe because it's his kernel and he knows best...? :/

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Someone on a different thread posted

"No they are in lge-res.apk.

They kitchen is taking forever to cook right now, what is your UOT number that you cooked. I can download it from the kitchen if you cooked it in the last 24 hours. ".

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...396-cant-replace-signal-bars-uot-kitchen.html

hmm then idk.

and to be honest I've never used UOT Kitchen...lol I only extracted the apk and explored around in it, and then I was able to copy all the files from one apk to another to modify it...

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for the same thing. I can't find how to do it. Even if it is in lge-res.apk, there are not .png files in there, only uneditable .pro files. I've changed every icon in my status bar by deconstructing .apks except the signal bars and the messaging notification. For some reason I can't find the .png for messaging... even in the messaging app.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it's actually in the framework, but Rodimus has different framework and everthing. Am gonna try changing the framework with everything to see if it boots.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The files you need to change are in the lge-res.apk. Use 7zip to extract the archive. Just rename all the .pro files in drawables to .png. The signal bars are named icon_rssi_bars0.png all the way to icon_rssi_bars5.png sized 25x25. There you can swap out and change names if necessary with what signal bars you want. Remember to rename them back to .pro when you are finished. Then open the archive lge-res.apk with 7zip and navigate to the folder res/drawables, and drop what graphic files your changed.

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am unable to edit the files... when I rename the .pro to .png and try to open it, it says that it is not recognized. Why?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
See if you can view them in explorer as large icons, so you can preview. Sometimes the .pro files are not editable either by corrupt files , compiling, or some form of encryption. But you should be able to swap out those 6 files with ones from another theme. Or if UOT kitchen themed your frameworks-res.apk.. Look inside there.

Here are my stock signal bar files renamed from .pro And are editable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007