Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeslieAnn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry optimus v update.zip !!!!

where can you get the update.zip for optimus v? I accidently use optimus s update.zip now its a sprint phone ! ahhhhhhhhh. I need those file please help. where can I get it...

ROM
    In Progress

Default Re: optimus v update.zip !!!!

what update are you talking about?
    Gee I hope you didn't do a radio update
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

anyways this what I did. the file update.zip I use the sprint version. so now my phone is sprint lol. I need update.zip optimus v version. and I can't not fine update.zip for virgin mobile...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Sounds like he downloaded and flashed the Optimus S 2.3.3 Gingerbread update. IIRC, it includes the baseband and everything. Looks kije its time for a new phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

if I can get the update.zip for virgin mobile version. I can go back it. I just can't find that file.

AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by puma1988 View Post
    if I can get the update.zip for virgin mobile version. I can go back it. I just can't find that file.

Which is exactly the problem.
    You won't find it because it has not and likely will not ever be released.

There is an update for the phone, but it's corrupt and no one can make it work.
    BigSuperSquid managed to get his partially working again, but even he ended up replacing it.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

is there anything I van do?

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ncan...

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Not really, there are no current user friendly methods to fix your problem. Try getting a warranty one from Virgin or exchange at a store.

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by puma1988 View Post
    is there anything I van do?

Buy a new phone.
    o_O

ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

best you're going to get after a sprint update.zip is telephone and sms messages. no more working mms or data service (except wifi.)
    I saw one guy say he got his data working again after sprint radio, but I couldn't verify the method.
    if you decide it's worthless, you can donate it to science (me) and I'll use it to keep trying to get either virgin mobile radio flashed or keep trying to find a way to get working data and mms with sprint radio baseband on virgin mobile service and esn.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Not really, there are no current user friendly methods to fix your problem. Try getting a warranty one from Virgin or exchange at a store.
    NO DO NOT DO THIS. IT IS FRAUD.

You voluntarily broke the phone. You voided the warranty when you rooted it.
    Good lord people stop and think how will we ever get a decent phone for a decent price if people keep returning phones they voluntarily broke. Nothing the op did was NOT avoidable had he done some research and understood it was a bad idea.
    Thanked by 3:

I don't understand... Wouldn't this help?
    I've used this to go back to 2.2.1 when I got a refurbished 2.2.2 OV from Virgin.

Sent from my LG-VM670

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by redgjm View Post
    I don't understand... Wouldn't this help?
    I've used this to go back to 2.2.1 when I got a refurbished 2.2.2 OV from Virgin.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    This didn't flash just a rom. A rom resides in a spot you can (relatively) easily change, like a hard drive for your phone.

This update changed the actual firmware inside the radio system. Sort of like changing the bios on your motherboard. Put the wrong one in, and it's toast unless you have the right equipment or get lucky and have the right software. In this case, there is no software or equipment.

The radio inside the S is not the same as the V.

Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

So there's no way someone couldn't get some files off their non-screwed optimus v and give them to this poor soul?

ROM
    Harmonia 3

No one has been able to.
    I believe we lack the knowledge or software to access that area.

Better people than us have tried.
    Even when they had the right info for the S, it took them a while to figure out how to work with it. We don't even have as much info as they had and our phone is locked down even more.

I know you guys want to help and are throwing around suggestions, but beleive Squid and me, a few have been down this path, it's way beyond what we can do. Squid has been experimenting with one of these for over a month now. There is nothing in this part of the forum that will help fix it. NOTHING. Very experienced programmers have tried and failed. Thinking you can just flash a simple file has long since passed.

Simply put, the phone is toast.
    LG is probably the only people who can fix it.

bigsupersquid likes this.
    o_O

ROM

leslieann is right.
    and, i'm out of chances to fix my sprint-flashed ov, the pst's finally fried the nand so thoroughly the phone won't even light up anymore when plugged in. it's dead as a doornail, no backlight, no emergency mode, nothing.
    donate!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

hmkk understandable. okay well my phone still connected texting n calling still works. but my 3g connection don't work is there a way to get that fix at least?. if yes please help I be really greatful d=)

o_O

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    best you're going to get after a sprint update.zip is telephone and sms messages. no more working mms or data service (except wifi.)
    I saw one guy say he got his data working again after sprint radio, but I couldn't verify the method.
    best of luck. search the optimus v forum for change mip ppp, there's a couple threads where people tried and mostly failed to get data working again after flashing sprint radio on ov's.
    donate!

Did you backup your AAA password? If so you can probably get 3g working on it, otherwise there is nothing you can do even if you did figure out how to revert the baseband back to VM's.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by jmt7les View Post
    Did you backup your AAA password? If so you can probably get 3g working on it, otherwise there is nothing you can do even if you did figure out how to revert the baseband back to VM's.
    AAA? I'm not sure what that is. but can u try to walk me threw it please?