Kernel Feature Request- BLN mod

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Over at XDA there is a mod for the Galaxy S that allows you to use the touchkey backlights as notification lights. (The Galaxy S does not have a LED notification light either.)

This would be a perfect feature to include in a Kernel for the Optimus V

I don't know how hard this would be to pull off. But If it's not too much trouble I would love to see this happen.

I tried KeyLights (found in this thread) which was supposed to do this, but it did not seem to work for me. It allows me to toggle the lights off/on but the notification function does not seem to work.

I know about apps like NoLED, but it seems to me that using the backlight LED's would be a lot easier on the battery.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Over at XDA there is a mod for the Galaxy S that allows you to use the touchkey backlights as notification lights. (The Galaxy S does not have a LED notification light either.)

This would be a perfect feature to include in a Kernel for the Optimus V

I don't know how hard this would be to pull off. But If it's not too much trouble I would love to see this happen.

I tried KeyLights (found in this thread) which was supposed to do this, but it did not seem to work for me. It allows me to toggle the lights off/on but the notification function does not seem to work.

I know about apps like NoLED, but it seems to me that using the backlight LED's would be a lot easier on the battery.

the led lights on the OV are too dim due to the buttons, mmarz posted someone where he did some hardware mods and actually made a notification light using the led lights

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Dim or not i think its a great idea, and a very useful ad-on for once. I can see the lights just fine and peeking at your key lights vs turning on your phone to check for a missed call or a message would save a lot of battery

I also tried keylights and it doesnt work well on the OV :( ..

do you think the original developer who made the mod is still around? maybe they can point us to the right direction on how to pull it off.

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
the led lights on the OV are too dim due to the buttons, mmarz posted someone where he did some hardware mods and actually made a notification light using the led lights

I think this is what you were referring to.

I won't be drilling my V , Its my only phone right now. Maybe if I can pick up one for $50 on black friday I would try this.

I don't think it would be too dim. It wouldn't be as bright as bright as a stand-alone LED, but it would be better than nothing.